Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   DBS tech seed programme (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12886-dbs-tech-seed-programme.html)

Unregistered 14-04-2022 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213814)
for those who got the offer, can share whats the annual pay? did it go up? or still 60k?

not sure about others but mine was 60k base, I'm from Jan intake...

couldn't nego also, I had another offer for 72k from a trading firm and DBS wouldn't bulge... I ask if can do 66k also cannot lol da fuq in the end I took it cause very high bonus compared to other places

Unregistered 14-04-2022 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213922)

couldn't nego also, I had another offer for 72k from a trading firm and DBS wouldn't bulge... I ask if can do 66k also cannot lol da fuq in the end I took it cause very high bonus compared to other places

why would you think you have any leverage on pay when they have a bucket load of backup candidates

Unregistered 14-04-2022 06:51 PM

Quote:

Isn’t the bonus variable based on performance? How do you know bonus is very high?

Unregistered 14-04-2022 06:53 PM

Quote:

current seeder? Is first month purely training and do they give any information before your first day?

Unregistered 14-04-2022 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213938)
why would you think you have any leverage on pay when they have a bucket load of backup candidates

yea you're 100% right but sadly i didnt know they had so many backups lol in the end i regretted taking DBS... thought this was some prestigious programme... been here 3 months already so far i learned what i could have learned on my own in 1 week lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213944)
Isn’t the bonus variable based on performance? How do you know bonus is very high?

I have a few friends from BA degree inside the seed program, they told me they got 2-3 months bonus off base pay, that's $10 - $15k a year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213945)
current seeder? Is first month purely training and do they give any information before your first day?

yeah Jan 2022 intake.

not much info. first month you don't do much... 2nd month u get put with other seeders and a few ex-seeders / long term seeders to mentor / guide you.. but just a warning, they don't really know much lol.

maybe its just my luck, I'm a CS grad and my mentors were engineering grads / non-cs. so a lot of the things that they wanted me to do were like my Y1 uni projects...

I also wanted to use specific tech-stack over what they recommended cause I had my reasons as to why but they rejected it.

so yeah not much flexibility on how you want to do your tasks which sucks a lot... also the OT culture here is insane, you practically don't stop working and messages go off even at 9-10pm lol. I mean I dont know what is it like at other tech companies but WLB is pretty **** here.

Unregistered 14-04-2022 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213952)
yea you're 100% right but sadly i didnt know they had so many backups lol in the end i regretted taking DBS... thought this was some prestigious programme... been here 3 months already so far i learned what i could have learned on my own in 1 week lol

I have a few friends from BA degree inside the seed program, they told me they got 2-3 months bonus off base pay, that's $10 - $15k a year.

yeah Jan 2022 intake.

not much info. first month you don't do much... 2nd month u get put with other seeders and a few ex-seeders / long term seeders to mentor / guide you.. but just a warning, they don't really know much lol.

maybe its just my luck, I'm a CS grad and my mentors were engineering grads / non-cs. so a lot of the things that they wanted me to do were like my Y1 uni projects...

I also wanted to use specific tech-stack over what they recommended cause I had my reasons as to why but they rejected it.

so yeah not much flexibility on how you want to do your tasks which sucks a lot... also the OT culture here is insane, you practically don't stop working and messages go off even at 9-10pm lol. I mean I dont know what is it like at other tech companies but WLB is pretty **** here.

Wow. No FoW arrangements in your dept that helped? would want to connect with you to learn more too

Unregistered 14-04-2022 08:11 PM

Quote:

yeah Jan 2022 intake.

Hi Senpai, any tips for us?
I have accepted an offer but havent heard from HR or anyone ever since then. Feels a little scary

Unregistered 14-04-2022 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 213956)
Hi Senpai, any tips for us?
I have accepted an offer but havent heard from HR or anyone ever since then. Feels a little scary

Which techtrek r u from? Did the offer state starting date of work?

Unregistered 15-04-2022 12:42 AM

Quote:

yeah Jan 2022 intake.

Hi, can u share what dept u are in? I heard that WLB highly depends on the dept

Unregistered 15-04-2022 11:13 AM

New ACE Prog?

Hello,

Wondering if anybody knows anything about the ACE program (s://.dbs.com/careers/structured-programmes/ace-programme), is this a new program that's like a data science equivalent of SEED?

Anybody else waiting for interview after completing HackerRank test?