Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Summer Internships 2020 (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12529-summer-internships-2020-a.html)

Unregistered 03-04-2020 04:41 AM

Exactly. This is nothing new. All uni students know that these internship offers do exist. And it's also easy to verify on google. I know there are trolls everywhere in this forum but who's gonna lie about a 5k intern pay lol

Unregistered 03-04-2020 05:58 AM

The highest paid undergrad internships in Singapore fall under the SGInnovate Summation scheme which pays around 6,000 SGD per month.

I dare say no other summer stint will ever come close. Even bulge bracket summer analysts are only drawing 4,000 SGD. Please don’t delude the forum lurkers here. 10k per month... pui.

Unregistered 03-04-2020 07:09 AM

No wonder the fresh graduate all delusional come out demand senior pay with no experience..

That delusion starts even from internship level LOL.

Internship is only 600 to 1K range.

5k, we will rather hire an experience staff and pay him 4.5k which is already your fresh grad rate lo.

l

Unregistered 03-04-2020 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131693)
No wonder the fresh graduate all delusional come out demand senior pay with no experience..

5k, we will rather hire an experience staff and pay him 4.5k which is already your fresh grad rate lo.

l

The deluded one here is you.

I have friends drawing 7-12k at BB as IB Summer Analysts/Associates.

Pretty damn sure you wouldnt be able to handle the work there at even the intern level.

Unregistered 03-04-2020 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131693)

l

Honestly this response is just a bit sad to read LOL it comes from someone who has no grasp of the realities of his industry versus others (I'm assuming you don't work in finance, if not this would be even sadder).

5k ++ for interns happens in certain departments at many bulge bracket banks. This is just a fact. They also happen in some big tech companies, once again, for certain roles.

I doubt you are in a high-paying industry, or if you are then you are just a low performer if 4.5k is your notion of a fresh grad salary.

Unregistered 03-04-2020 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131711)
Honestly this response is just a bit sad to read LOL it comes from someone who has no grasp of the realities of his industry versus others (I'm assuming you don't work in finance, if not this would be even sadder).

5k ++ for interns happens in certain departments at many bulge bracket banks. This is just a fact. They also happen in some big tech companies, once again, for certain roles.

I doubt you are in a high-paying industry, or if you are then you are just a low performer if 4.5k is your notion of a fresh grad salary.

Yup, pretty sad that he is using his pathetic payscale as a yardstick. But low earners like him will probably get to keep his job in the current economic downturn. Good for him!

Unregistered 03-04-2020 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131712)
Yup, pretty sad that he is using his pathetic payscale as a yardstick. But low earners like him will probably get to keep his job in the current economic downturn. Good for him!

Why do you need to be afraid of economic downturn. Your delusional fantasy won't disappear in the real world. Haha keep dreaming please. Stay jobless.

Unregistered 03-04-2020 02:33 PM

600-1k is just sad.

Banks pay much more than that. Like i said, these are probably the top 2% of each cohort.

Since your company is either not a bank or not a top firm, don't assume every company is like yours.

井底之蛙

Guest0000 03-04-2020 10:50 PM

I am just curious why brought up the case that your friend earned this or that much. Why not talk about yourself? No matter you are old bird or new bird, and no matter what you write here, only God knows if you are speaking the truth!

Unregistered 04-04-2020 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guest0000 (Post 131727)
I am just curious why brought up the case that your friend earned this or that much. Why not talk about yourself? No matter you are old bird or new bird, and no matter what you write here, only God knows if you are speaking the truth!

I'm a corporate lawyer. I drew 2-3k a month as an intern which is substantial but not at the exceptional levels which some people here were discussing so I didnt raise my own experiences as an example.