Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Summer Internships 2020 (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/12529-summer-internships-2020-a.html)

Unregistered 31-03-2020 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TS999 (Post 131387)
MNC in payments industry

Sounds like mastercard

Unregistered 31-03-2020 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131388)
Sounds like mastercard

maybe Visa/AmEx also?

Unregistered 02-04-2020 11:38 AM

Just got two automated emails from Grab regarding my summer internship applications.

"We appreciate the time you have taken for your application. Grab has closed the position that you have expressed interest in. Therefore, this position is now closed."

Does this sound like they've cancelled their summer internship positions? Or simply that I was rejected? 😕

Unregistered 02-04-2020 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131375)
Internship is kinda a joke la.

My company Engineering always joke about "boss, we don't have enough staff le, everyday overtime. can hire more anot?"

boss will EVERYTIME say "i will hire intern for you"

and we will always "INTERN CANNOT DO WORK ONE"

boss will reply EVERYTIME "HIRE INTERN TO MAKE COFFEE FOR U LA"

Now salary freeze. bonus also cut. why need to share the $ with coffee bois or girls.. So no internship liao. we don't need... we rather go kopitiam during work hours to tabao coffee. take turn do for team

that is because you work in a **** company.

Unregistered 02-04-2020 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131616)
that is because you work in a **** company.

Sorry lo. I also dunno why our **** company every year invite internship.
The interns all come late. Long lunch. Some even leave early. They say they only 600 to 800. So why need to work

That's the reality all this intern just come to punch in attendance only.
We also cannot get them to do anything. Design circuit? Don't know. Test material. Screw up mess up the testing. Senior have to overtime redo.

Ask do admin power point paper work. Process. They say they not secretary.

So coffee boy lo. Since they like to take breaks so much. Let them go outside walk to kopitiam to buy coffee. They love it.

Unregistered 02-04-2020 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131618)
The interns all come late. Long lunch. Some even leave early. They say they only 600 to 800. So why need to work

We also cannot get them to do anything. Design circuit? Don't know. Test material. Screw up mess up the testing. Senior have to overtime redo.

So coffee boy lo. Since they like to take breaks so much. Let them go outside walk to kopitiam to buy coffee. They love it.

okay boomer

Unregistered 02-04-2020 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131618)

What a shitty company

Unregistered 02-04-2020 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131614)
Just got two automated emails from Grab regarding my summer internship applications.

"We appreciate the time you have taken for your application. Grab has closed the position that you have expressed interest in. Therefore, this position is now closed."

Does this sound like they've cancelled their summer internship positions? Or simply that I was rejected? 😕

sounds like the position is no more to me

Unregistered 02-04-2020 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131614)

it means that they have closed the particular position that you applied for.

it could be that they hired someone and hence it's closed, or perhaps they decided to freeze hiring due to economic conditions. you'll never know. but time to move on!

Unregistered 02-04-2020 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 131622)
What a shitty company

Must be a millenial. I get it you're at the stage where your next focus on internship. Then work life.

Just rmemebrr this. When you are working already senior. Your attitude towards intern will also be aligned with boomers.

Intern can't do ****.
They are not paid enough to do real ****.
Even if we get superb qualified intern... They don't have the clearance. Or we can't share trade secret with intern.
Even if we can give them everything. High pay. Good mentor. Learning opportunities. Trade secret. Security clearance. Design decrets. Best practise..

The fact remains they are still just intern. Aka they will leave after 6 months.

So why. Bother. When we need resource to work. We get intern who can't do **** and we have to waste our existing resource to entertain them.