Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Performance Bonus (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1235-civil-service-performance-bonus.html)

Unregistered 17-03-2024 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 271295)
my career trajectory in public service

25-28yr old: 3years in private sector
29-30yr old: went overseas study 2yr masters
31yr old: joined statboard on contract but directly at MX11; Worked for 1.5yrs. Got a default C. Left to join private again.
32-33yrs old: worked in private tech MNC for 2yr. Very good experience and regret leaving. Hand itchy apply back public.
34yr old: rejoined public service on 2yrs contract. Worked for 1yr; Got a default C. Main reason was Dir didn’t liked me, and I transferred to another statboard
35yr old: joined another statboard and now been here for close to 1year. Just received news I got a C again. I’m still here; not emplaced yet. As it’s nearing 1yr mark, I will know soon? Or should I wait?

MX11
In total, 5.5yrs of private sector, and 3yrs in public sector.

Is my career trajectory in public service gone? Am I way better back in private?

3 Cs. Max out at 11A. Unlikely to see MX10. Head back to private if you got skills.

Unregistered 17-03-2024 09:57 PM

Quote:

31yr old: joined statboard on contract but directly at MX11; Worked for 1.5yrs. Got a default C. Left to join private again.
32-33yrs old: worked in private tech MNC for 2yr. Very good experience and regret leaving. Hand itchy apply back public.
34yr old: rejoined public service on 2yrs contract. Worked for 1yr; Got a default C. Main reason was Dir didn’t liked me, and I transferred to another statboard
35yr old: joined another statboard and now been here for close to 1year. Just received news I got a C again. I’m still here; not emplaced yet. As it’s nearing 1yr mark, I will know soon? Or should I wait?

MX11

Is my career trajectory in public service gone? Am I way better back in private?

you serve 3 yrs in public service in 3 different organisations.

that's an average of 1 year at each organisation. of course you are getting a default C, because you are new to each role.

general rule, one only start contributing after the 1 or 2 year mark, because you are on a learning curve these 1 to 2 years.

Unregistered 17-03-2024 09:59 PM

Quote:

MX11

Your next promotion will put you at MX11A. Fewer ppl reach this level. You will need your boss to support you; if by natural promotion order, most will get it near retirement. MX10 is middle or senior management. Since you are job hopping often even at stat board, hard for you to obtain experience to promote you to the next level, compared with the existing staff. You will need to stand out.

Unregistered 17-03-2024 10:01 PM

Quote:

MX11

you do seem quite capable, just limited by how the public service grades performance.

are you near the salary ceiling for MX11?

Unregistered 17-03-2024 10:08 PM

has anyone heard of AP/FP scheme under AGD?

how does this scheme work? and how is the selection criteria under such scheme?

Unregistered 17-03-2024 10:08 PM

has anyone heard of AP or FP scheme under AGD?

how does this scheme work? and how is the selection criteria under such scheme?

Unregistered 17-03-2024 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 271314)
you serve 3 yrs in public service in 3 different organisations.

that's an average of 1 year at each organisation. of course you are getting a default C, because you are new to each role.

general rule, one only start contributing after the 1 or 2 year mark, because you are on a learning curve these 1 to 2 years.

Not a general rule. There are people that have gotten Bs non-stop after their first default C. Just whether your boss wanna fight for you or not.

Unregistered 17-03-2024 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 271317)
you do seem quite capable, just limited by how the public service grades performance.

are you near the salary ceiling for MX11?

Yup nearing ceiling .haha

Unregistered 18-03-2024 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 271312)
3 Cs. Max out at 11A. Unlikely to see MX10. Head back to private if you got skills.

Yup I do have tech skills. Actually I have both tech skills and public policy skills now. Anyway, yeah. I spent 1year on average at 3 different statboard/ministries. Now at my third ministry. Gonna hit 1year mark soon

Unregistered 18-03-2024 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 271343)
Yup I do have tech skills. Actually I have both tech skills and public policy skills now. Anyway, yeah. I spent 1year on average at 3 different statboard/ministries. Now at my third ministry. Gonna hit 1year mark soon

When you spend 1 year on average at 3 different places, you are a new joiner 3 times in 3 years

It is difficult to justify a B for a new joiner, because you are supposedly on a learning curve

And before your 2nd or 3 yr where you could gotten something better, you leave for another place

And rinse and repeat.

Sorry to put it bluntly, but this is job hopping