Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Performance Bonus (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1235-civil-service-performance-bonus.html)

Unregistered 28-03-2023 10:22 PM

payout together with april pay?

Unregistered 29-03-2023 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 244105)
Joined 2003, now 48

We are more or less the same age but I am at the lower end of 3 grades lower than yours. You must have worked very hard to have the current position.

Unregistered 29-03-2023 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 244106)
Is it normal to get C for 2nd PB (first full year)? 1st PB was default C

No. Means your performance was ok, nothing to wow abt

Unregistered 29-03-2023 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 244097)
I from poly ipx 11, drawing $12.7k holding DD post. Grade B, 4 mths

If you don't mind sharing, approx how many years have you been at the DD grade and do you find it difficult to make the jump to Director? It is a pyramid afterall.

Unregistered 29-03-2023 10:57 PM

How many years does it take to get emplaced typically?

Unregistered 29-03-2023 11:15 PM

Mx12 eqv — b grade 2.6x

Unregistered 29-03-2023 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 244236)
How many years does it take to get emplaced typically?

Typically within 1 year, and all roles start as a contract role. However, do note that some roles have no chance of being emplaced - so be sure to ask the HR if the role you are gunning for provides the opportunity to be emplaced.

Unregistered 29-03-2023 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 244161)
If you don't mind sharing, approx how many years have you been at the DD grade and do you find it difficult to make the jump to Director? It is a pyramid afterall.

Been at this grade since 2017. No ambition to be director.

Unregistered 30-03-2023 03:50 PM

I was told that my interview was successful and was offer the title of AD. Any kind soul can tell me what is the grade of AD at ACRA?

Unregistered 30-03-2023 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 244308)
I was told that my interview was successful and was offer the title of AD. Any kind soul can tell me what is the grade of AD at ACRA?

MX11/MX11A

wait for offer letter or check with their HR.

Unregistered 30-03-2023 05:13 PM

Thanks. I will wait for the offer letter.

Unregistered 30-03-2023 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 244316)
Thanks. I will wait for the offer letter.

Do share about what they offered in the end so that everyone can know how to gauge...thanks so much! :)

Unregistered 30-03-2023 10:24 PM

Is there any chance of a within ministry transfer before 2 years of service?

Unregistered 01-04-2023 11:00 AM

Assuming u are already an emplaced staff (i.e not on contract or temp basis) , typically 2 years is the minimum before u can reasonanly request to HR for secondment to other ministry. For inter department tranfers it might be up for discussion, but again subjected to ur HOD's approval.

Unregistered 01-04-2023 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 244596)
Assuming u are already an emplaced staff (i.e not on contract or temp basis) , typically 2 years is the minimum before u can reasonanly request to HR for secondment to other ministry. For inter department tranfers it might be up for discussion, but again subjected to ur HOD's approval.

Thanks for advising. Yes I am emplaced but only in current role for 6 months. Would it be better to apply for other roles outside? The downside is that I will have to restart as a contract staff, and have heard of cases where people wait for 2 or 3 years to get emplaced.

Unregistered 01-04-2023 11:17 AM

How does secondment to other ministry work? Is it always a temporary thing?

Unregistered 02-04-2023 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 244598)
Thanks for advising. Yes I am emplaced but only in current role for 6 months. Would it be better to apply for other roles outside? The downside is that I will have to restart as a contract staff, and have heard of cases where people wait for 2 or 3 years to get emplaced.

If u think about the intention of secondments between Ministries/Statboards or transferring between department within the Ministry, it's purpose is to allow officers to gain exposure in all aspect of the Ministry work. This trains the officer to be an all rounder, allow the officer to experience different roles, or even in another domain when seconded to other Ministry. This is what they call grooming officers to have WOG (Whole-of-Government) competencies and to improve ur domain knowledge so u will become more deployable within the entire public service.

Thus, if u have only been in ur current role for 6 month, it can be hard to justify for a transfer/secondment because your bosses will say that u have not even spent enough time in ur current role, why wanna move on?

Unless u choose to be honest, i.e to tell ur boss this current role the jobscope is not for u, its too challenging, etc whatever reason. Then maybe it can be up for discussion but then again, it indirectly displays your lack of drive and resilience. I would advise if u want to stay in the service, tahan till 1 year at least before requesting for secondment/transfer.

Otherwise, in the meantime, just hang in there while u look for a private job outside, jump when opportunity comes.

Unregistered 02-04-2023 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 244743)
If u think about the intention of secondments between Ministries/Statboards or transferring between department within the Ministry, it's purpose is to allow officers to gain exposure in all aspect of the Ministry work. This trains the officer to be an all rounder, allow the officer to experience different roles, or even in another domain when seconded to other Ministry. This is what they call grooming officers to have WOG (Whole-of-Government) competencies and to improve ur domain knowledge so u will become more deployable within the entire public service.

Thus, if u have only been in ur current role for 6 month, it can be hard to justify for a transfer/secondment because your bosses will say that u have not even spent enough time in ur current role, why wanna move on?

Unless u choose to be honest, i.e to tell ur boss this current role the jobscope is not for u, its too challenging, etc whatever reason. Then maybe it can be up for discussion but then again, it indirectly displays your lack of drive and resilience. I would advise if u want to stay in the service, tahan till 1 year at least before requesting for secondment/transfer.

Otherwise, in the meantime, just hang in there while u look for a private job outside, jump when opportunity comes.

when going for longer secondments like 2 years, how will the PB and merit increment work? will there still be any of those? or will your salary be stagnant throughout secondment?

Unregistered 02-04-2023 09:34 AM

Whether seconded staff can still be considered for promotion and whether if will can stay permenantly at the new place and not returned to my originated ministry after the end of my secondment ?

Unregistered 02-04-2023 03:14 PM

Secondment promos work only scholars.

For self-initiated, it could be hard to justify promo.

Unregistered 03-04-2023 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 244743)

Thanks for offering your insights. Appreciate it.

Just wondering, isn't 1 year also a very short time to request for secondment or transfer? In the upcoming appraisal later this year I would have completed one year. Wondering if I can indicate in my appraisal and have a chat w my RO on it?

Unregistered 03-04-2023 04:19 PM

Anyone can post their increment percentage this year?
Got abt 3 percent plus a bit at C+

Unregistered 03-04-2023 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 244982)

depends on your grade

Unregistered 03-04-2023 06:14 PM

Why I can't view my merit increment

Unregistered 03-04-2023 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 244982)

MX10, PB: A, Increment: 4.9%

Unregistered 03-04-2023 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245035)

A grade also cannot get 5%...

Unregistered 03-04-2023 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245035)

A for a MX10 is stellar, Congratulations

Unregistered 03-04-2023 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 244918)
Thanks for offering your insights. Appreciate it.

Just wondering, isn't 1 year also a very short time to request for secondment or transfer? In the upcoming appraisal later this year I would have completed one year. Wondering if I can indicate in my appraisal and have a chat w my RO on it?

if i am not sure, you need to fulfil a minimum of 2-3 yrs to qualify for a transfer. different ministries do differ, so you should email your HR to enquire. Good luck,

Unregistered 03-04-2023 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245048)
A for a MX10 is stellar, Congratulations

Thank you very much

Unregistered 03-04-2023 11:19 PM

Mx10, C, 4%

Unregistered 04-04-2023 09:57 AM

In general, increment goes lower with more senior job grade? Percentage wise.

Unregistered 04-04-2023 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 245088)
In general, increment goes lower with more senior job grade? Percentage wise.

No, but the percentage goes lower the closer you are to the ceiling.

Unregistered 06-04-2023 08:22 AM

Any SB know how much their PB and when get?

Unregistered 13-04-2023 06:57 PM

Movement Policy from SB to Ministry without any increment & hiting salary ceiling of MX12. Is it still worthwhile to move?

Unregistered 15-04-2023 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 246131)
Movement Policy from SB to Ministry without any increment & hiting salary ceiling of MX12. Is it still worthwhile to move?

its a "upgrade" to move to ministry. however if there is no increment... think carefully.
if you are heading over to occupy a perm estab, then its ok.

if moving over to cover contract head count, be very careful.

Unregistered 17-04-2023 01:14 PM

Usually I heard pte sector will have rescinded job offer sometimes.
But so far I have not heard from public sectors.
Under what situation will the rescinded job offer happen in public sectors?
Under what situation is like more and less confirmed before the LOA is signed?

Unregistered 17-04-2023 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 246433)
Usually I heard pte sector will have rescinded job offer sometimes.
But so far I have not heard from public sectors.
Under what situation will the rescinded job offer happen in public sectors?
Under what situation is like more and less confirmed before the LOA is signed?

Sorry wrong forum, please ignore.

Unregistered 24-04-2023 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 244991)
depends on your grade

Stat board. MX12, Grade B, PB 2.5mths, MI 5%

Unregistered 25-04-2023 09:53 PM

What’s the PB like for MX10 C Grade?

Unregistered 26-04-2023 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 247066)
What’s the PB like for MX10 C Grade?

Got 2.38 for a C this year, Ministry, MX10