Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Performance Bonus (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1235-civil-service-performance-bonus.html)

Unregistered 16-03-2019 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 114924)
CEP has no effect on your bonus.
CEP affects your promotion.

Fair enough. What I instead should have said was that I was ranked lower than my peers this time around. Lower rank can equal lower quantum within the same pay grade for the same pb grade. Happy?

Unregistered 16-03-2019 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 114918)
Lower than the same grade for past years. Govt cutting cost already.

Mine is the same as last year..

Mx 14
Grade B
2 month

Unregistered 16-03-2019 11:23 AM

MX 11
B
3.5months

Unregistered 16-03-2019 02:35 PM

I’m at SB. Got pb, mid year, end year plus 13 month ah.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 114891)
Felt like lessening some of the anxiety before PB release day, so here goes:

“it was released for average performers. For high achievers, it will be next week.” --- All PBs grades will be released this Saturday (tomorrow), including for high achievers. Unless you are referring to some different pay scale for civil servants on Mars.

“Is it true that you need to get B for 2 years then can be promoted?” --- No. You are in the promotion queue provided you get a minimum of 2 C+ (either within 3yrs or back to back). You are in the queue, does not equal to you will be promoted. Promotion will depend on other factors like CEP, how good a case your boss makes for you at promotion board, and availability of estab for higher post/pay grade. So yes, you can even get 3B’s in a row or even an A (I know of friends) and not get promoted.

“How do we know we are promoted? My Boss just shared I’m getting B grade, does that means I’ll be promoted? Or should I ask my boss?” --- Usually, your bosses are aware of your promotion by mid-February. Then, it is up to them how/when they communicate this to staff. The standard (read: decent) thing to do is to invite the staff to their office, sit him/her down, and tell him congrats on being promoted while shaking their hand. Then, pass the promo letter to them. The letter is important because technically you are supposed to choose whether to ‘accept’ the promotion or not (formality cos no one rejects a promotion). Usually, all this is done before the PB grade is released to all.

“Hi guys issit possible to request from your boss ur CEP?” --- This varies, some bosses have no issues sharing CEP with staff who asked them to, while some hold it as a closely guarded secret. Usually, bosses/HR don’t want to share CEP because especially if its not good, it demoralises staff and they usually end up quitting or feeling unmotivated/disengaged at work. The unspoken truth usually is, people who do well don’t bother asking their CEP, because it is already reflected in their career progress at work. My personal opinion is its better to know one's CEP, because it helps individual do more informed career planning.

“What's your job grade equivalent? I understand different job grade has different quantum..” --- Yes, of course, different job grade has different quantum. A mx12 who gets a C will have a lower quantum than a MX10 to gets a C. Even within a job grade, quantum can vary for the same grade, depending on ranking, CEP etc.

Lastly, a note on SBs vs ministry when it comes to PB. Min staff get 3 bonuses in total in one financial year: mid-yr bonus, end-yr bonus (consists of 13th month plus another 0.5-1 month extra), and PB. As far as I am aware, most SB staff get 13th month and then a PB and that's all. So, this PB usually caters for the mid-yr and extra bonus by increasing the quantum for the grades. So, someone gets 3.5 months at a SB, that is often comparable to someone in min who gets 2 months for PB (2+0.5+1 ends up being 3.5).

Unregistered 16-03-2019 02:40 PM

MX10 C+ 2.8mths

Unregistered 16-03-2019 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 114936)
I’m at SB. Got pb, mid year, end year plus 13 month ah.

Which stat board you from? Enterprise SG doesnt have mid yr plus end yr.

Unregistered 16-03-2019 04:06 PM

mx 11
A
4.5 months

Unregistered 16-03-2019 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 114940)
mx 11
A
4.5 months

bro, take your med on time.

Unregistered 16-03-2019 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 114938)
Which stat board you from? Enterprise SG doesnt have mid yr plus end yr.

Most SBs have bonus 3 times a year.

Unregistered 16-03-2019 06:06 PM

I also want to join civil service. Good bonus and stability.