Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil Service Performance Bonus (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/1235-civil-service-performance-bonus.html)

Unregistered 15-03-2019 04:01 PM

Felt like lessening some of the anxiety before PB release day, so here goes:

“it was released for average performers. For high achievers, it will be next week.” --- All PBs grades will be released this Saturday (tomorrow), including for high achievers. Unless you are referring to some different pay scale for civil servants on Mars.

“Is it true that you need to get B for 2 years then can be promoted?” --- No. You are in the promotion queue provided you get a minimum of 2 C+ (either within 3yrs or back to back). You are in the queue, does not equal to you will be promoted. Promotion will depend on other factors like CEP, how good a case your boss makes for you at promotion board, and availability of estab for higher post/pay grade. So yes, you can even get 3B’s in a row or even an A (I know of friends) and not get promoted.

“How do we know we are promoted? My Boss just shared I’m getting B grade, does that means I’ll be promoted? Or should I ask my boss?” --- Usually, your bosses are aware of your promotion by mid-February. Then, it is up to them how/when they communicate this to staff. The standard (read: decent) thing to do is to invite the staff to their office, sit him/her down, and tell him congrats on being promoted while shaking their hand. Then, pass the promo letter to them. The letter is important because technically you are supposed to choose whether to ‘accept’ the promotion or not (formality cos no one rejects a promotion). Usually, all this is done before the PB grade is released to all.

“Hi guys issit possible to request from your boss ur CEP?” --- This varies, some bosses have no issues sharing CEP with staff who asked them to, while some hold it as a closely guarded secret. Usually, bosses/HR don’t want to share CEP because especially if its not good, it demoralises staff and they usually end up quitting or feeling unmotivated/disengaged at work. The unspoken truth usually is, people who do well don’t bother asking their CEP, because it is already reflected in their career progress at work. My personal opinion is its better to know one's CEP, because it helps individual do more informed career planning.

“What's your job grade equivalent? I understand different job grade has different quantum..” --- Yes, of course, different job grade has different quantum. A mx12 who gets a C will have a lower quantum than a MX10 to gets a C. Even within a job grade, quantum can vary for the same grade, depending on ranking, CEP etc.

Lastly, a note on SBs vs ministry when it comes to PB. Min staff get 3 bonuses in total in one financial year: mid-yr bonus, end-yr bonus (consists of 13th month plus another 0.5-1 month extra), and PB. As far as I am aware, most SB staff get 13th month and then a PB and that's all. So, this PB usually caters for the mid-yr and extra bonus by increasing the quantum for the grades. So, someone gets 3.5 months at a SB, that is often comparable to someone in min who gets 2 months for PB (2+0.5+1 ends up being 3.5).

Unregistered 15-03-2019 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 114881)
What's your job grade equivalent? I understand different job grade has different quantum..

Entry level.

Unregistered 15-03-2019 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 114870)
My director informed me of the promotion when he passed the letter to me.

My side no news. Seems like not promoted, boss say I’m performing well and got grade B. No hope liao as the grade will be out tomorrow and I have not receive any letter about promotion today.

Unregistered 15-03-2019 06:58 PM

If no news then likely don't have promotion right? Usually good news will faster release

Unregistered 15-03-2019 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 114896)
If no news then likely don't have promotion right? Usually good news will faster release

I Guess is subjected to agency.. some they dun announce. Need to see your the agency promotion period then see will be promted anot

Unregistered 15-03-2019 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 114850)
9 days? I thought PB released this Sat?

Who say PB released this sat de wor. Heard should be Sun

Unregistered 15-03-2019 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 114899)

My ministry's HR said the letter will be out on Saturday. Not sure if it means midnight can see it already or not. My director told me I got default C (since I only joined middle of last year) so just wondering what the quantum is. The payout will be on Tuesday - at least for ocbc, it means it will reach bank account around 5pm Monday.

Christopher 15-03-2019 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 114899)

Yup. Shld be Sun

Unregistered 15-03-2019 09:03 PM

ICT 13.
Grade B.
Slightly more than 3 months.

Farmer 15-03-2019 09:15 PM

Performance Bonus

Hi all,

I got D for my first year. How did i fare?