Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Shopee fresh grad pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/11930-shopee-fresh-grad-pay.html)

Unregistered 01-02-2024 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 267256)
its a legitimate concern tho. most people working in tech have no morals and will jump to whichever paymaster pays them the most for the moment.

the tech industry, much like banking & finance sector, has only 1 overriding motivation: easy money.

i wouldn't put it past techies to pass trade secrets and proprietary data to new employers who poach them. in fact, that's often the reason why they're poached

so let's not pretend to blast the "evil big business" and side with the "poor little guy". It's business as usual and Shopee is fully entitled to try to protect its interests here.

What a fking stupid take.

Protect what interest? did u even read the article lol, there's a reason why the judge didn't even side with shopee.

also please, ure the same as all of us here, we work for money, dont try and take the morale high ground acting like u some civilized business wannabe lol cringe

Unregistered 02-02-2024 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 267331)
What a fking stupid take.

Protect what interest? did u even read the article lol, there's a reason why the judge didn't even side with shopee.

also please, ure the same as all of us here, we work for money, dont try and take the morale high ground acting like u some civilized business wannabe lol cringe

I'm not taking any moral high ground. I'm saying it's perfectly reasonable for companies to routinely enforce their non-competes against their employees, regardless of the merits.

These legal cost are loose change to companies. You think they care about losing a few small cases and paying lawyers the loose change?

On the contrary, it is people like you taking the moral high ground pretending to adopt a "pro-worker" stance.

The principle is not just about this case, which Shopee indeed lost. It's a larger point and principle that companies should have the right to protect their legitimate interests.

You obviously have an inability to appreciate larger, more abstract notions and are harping only on this individual case. Typical coder brain. That's probably why you work in Shopee

Unregistered 04-02-2024 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 267256)
its a legitimate concern tho. most people working in tech have no morals and will jump to whichever paymaster pays them the most for the moment.

the tech industry, much like banking & finance sector, has only 1 overriding motivation: easy money.

i wouldn't put it past techies to pass trade secrets and proprietary data to new employers who poach them. in fact, that's often the reason why they're poached

so let's not pretend to blast the "evil big business" and side with the "poor little guy". It's business as usual and Shopee is fully entitled to try to protect its interests here.

Rubbish. If Shopee really wanted to protect its trade secret they would have paid said employee better so he would not have left in the first place.

Unregistered 04-02-2024 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 267335)
I'm not taking any moral high ground. I'm saying it's perfectly reasonable for companies to routinely enforce their non-competes against their employees, regardless of the merits.

These legal cost are loose change to companies. You think they care about losing a few small cases and paying lawyers the loose change?

On the contrary, it is people like you taking the moral high ground pretending to adopt a "pro-worker" stance.

The principle is not just about this case, which Shopee indeed lost. It's a larger point and principle that companies should have the right to protect their legitimate interests.

You obviously have an inability to appreciate larger, more abstract notions and are harping only on this individual case. Typical coder brain. That's probably why you work in Shopee

Your counter argument is basically "no, you and btw u work at Shopee, dumbass coder brain".

Take the fat L and move on, that guy is right, no one cares. Literally no one here agrees with your stupid L take.

Unregistered 04-02-2024 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 267487)
Your counter argument is basically "no, you and btw u work at Shopee, dumbass coder brain".

Take the fat L and move on, that guy is right, no one cares. Literally no one here agrees with your stupid L take.

Lol nope. Try again, this time engaging my points on the merits.

The other guy above's "solution" is basically to pay people more. Lmao. As if people will not play out their employers for even better paymasters.

You guys clearly do not understand human nature or commercial decisions. No wonder can only be code monkeys for chinese internet products. Keep plugging away. XJP is counting on you.

Unregistered 04-02-2024 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 267487)

yup lol bro just assume i work at shopee just because i disagree with him, wtf

Unregistered 05-02-2024 05:32 PM

Quote:

Too bad the judge doesn't agree with you either. Don't worry, can always appeal. :o

Unregistered 05-02-2024 06:10 PM

Quote:

The irony in you using big words when in reality you talk like a typical YP monkey.

Unregistered 14-02-2024 02:09 PM

what is shopee fresh grad pay like now?

Unregistered 14-02-2024 02:13 PM

Quote:

I rmb in company law, non-compete clause is very difficult to win. Shopee need a high basis to prove that it can affect shopee business.

If this clause is easily won, then everyone who loses their job will not be able to get an employment in the same field, which totally kills their livelihood. Hence, judge usually dont side these issues.

Unregistered 14-02-2024 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 268417)
what is shopee fresh grad pay like now?

For swe and sre position is 6k ish, but with competing offer can nego up to 8k

Unregistered 14-02-2024 05:56 PM

what about non-tech roles? like marketing/ops/bd

Unregistered 14-02-2024 06:00 PM

Quote:

why tf u sucking up to companies lol they dont give a fk about u lil bro,

why do u think sg birthrate is falling and we're mass importing foreigners from poorer countries? everyone's exhausted after getting sucked dry by big companies and the new imports are all happy to put up with it since its better than getting 1/4 of the same pay and work 3x as hard in their own hometown

Unregistered 14-02-2024 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 268438)
what about non-tech roles? like marketing/ops/bd

iirc it was 4-4.5k on my uni job portal which is usually most accurate

Unregistered 14-02-2024 10:43 PM

Anyone knows the most recent shopee PM salary range for this year? Nodeflair’s data seems a bit outdated.

Unregistered 15-02-2024 10:35 AM

Anyone knows what the is salary for business intelligence analyst with 1-2 YOE?

Unregistered 15-02-2024 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 268441)
why tf u sucking up to companies lol they dont give a fk about u lil bro,

why do u think sg birthrate is falling and we're mass importing foreigners from poorer countries? everyone's exhausted after getting sucked dry by big companies and the new imports are all happy to put up with it since its better than getting 1/4 of the same pay and work 3x as hard in their own hometown

Issue is not with foreigners but with YOU. Want high paying job, want stress free job, want own time own target job. Go be grab driver la. And stop complaining why foreigners earn >$10k p.m. after a few years while you still stuck driving Grab

Unregistered 20-02-2024 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 268500)
Anyone knows what the is salary for business intelligence analyst with 1-2 YOE?

^bump.

Would appreciate any inputs. The salary range on Glassdoor looks outdated.

Unregistered 20-02-2024 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 268509)
Issue is not with foreigners but with YOU. Want high paying job, want stress free job, want own time own target job. Go be grab driver la. And stop complaining why foreigners earn >$10k p.m. after a few years while you still stuck driving Grab

What a incredibly childish argument.

"Oh you disagree with me? = LOL you drive grab HAHA LOL"

What's next? I reply to you = LOL I DRIVE GRAB LOL

Unregistered 20-02-2024 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 268465)
Anyone knows the most recent shopee PM salary range for this year? Nodeflair’s data seems a bit outdated.

bump^ any 2024 grads who just received their actual salary offer?

Unregistered 20-02-2024 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 268940)
bump^ any 2024 grads who just received their actual salary offer?

5.75k base monthly, no stock

Unregistered 26-02-2024 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 268942)

Is this for SWE/PM role? How about pseudo tech roles such as data analyst or business intelligence?

Unregistered 26-02-2024 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269298)
Is this for SWE/PM role? How about pseudo tech roles such as data analyst or business intelligence?

why in the fk would i tell you any further when you can't even check the quoted post and see that the salary i gave is for their PM roles.

Unregistered 27-02-2024 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269317)
why in the fk would i tell you any further when you can't even check the quoted post and see that the salary i gave is for their PM roles.

I don't know why some ppl here are so rude. Isn't this forum a place for corporate slaves like us to level the playing field with the employers who are mostly out to undermine us whenever possible?

Unregistered 28-02-2024 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269348)
I don't know why some ppl here are so rude. Isn't this forum a place for corporate slaves like us to level the playing field with the employers who are mostly out to undermine us whenever possible?

i dont know what fking nonsense are you spouting nor do i give a f

if you think you're a corporate slave dog then ok, still doesn't change the fact that i am not going to explain every single time whether the pay i posted is for PM or SWE when i clearly replied to a post asking about "shopee's PM pay".

if i did then we would go nowhere, every 5-10 post, someone will come in and ask "oh is this for shopee?" "oh is this full time?" etc just because people are too lazy and ADHD brained to even spend 10 seconds checking the quoted posts

Unregistered 28-02-2024 07:36 PM

internet culture in SG is so cringe and dogshit, no wonder every western online community hates us

Unregistered 28-02-2024 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269455)
internet culture in SG is so cringe and dogshit, no wonder every western online community hates us

LOL totally agree

Unregistered 28-02-2024 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269317)

faang reject spotted

Unregistered 01-03-2024 09:14 PM

is last round HR round (fresh grad position) supposed to be offer call, or an actual behavioural round?

Unregistered 04-03-2024 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269576)
is last round HR round (fresh grad position) supposed to be offer call, or an actual behavioural round?

I recall for me, the last round was with the HR where the recruiter will inform you about the package. I assumed the behavioural rounds should be done during the earlier stages since i did not have a specific behavioural round.

Unregistered 04-03-2024 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269453)
i dont know what fking nonsense are you spouting nor do i give a f

if you think you're a corporate slave dog then ok, still doesn't change the fact that i am not going to explain every single time whether the pay i posted is for PM or SWE when i clearly replied to a post asking about "shopee's PM pay".

if i did then we would go nowhere, every 5-10 post, someone will come in and ask "oh is this for shopee?" "oh is this full time?" etc just because people are too lazy and ADHD brained to even spend 10 seconds checking the quoted posts

I encounter this all the time too but no need to be so rude about it. Just don't reply if it pisses you.

Unregistered 04-03-2024 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269761)
I encounter this all the time too but no need to be so rude about it. Just don't reply if it pisses you.

all swe recently sot sot one. spent the last 3 years chasing too much headline salaries but now tech winter so all scared and frustrated . frustrations boiling over

Unregistered 04-03-2024 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269761)

simi lj dont reply? ur father forum izzit?

Unregistered 04-03-2024 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269766)
all swe recently sot sot one. spent the last 3 years chasing too much headline salaries but now tech winter so all scared and frustrated . frustrations boiling over

lol @ u thinking sg pay high tech salaries

ur tech market is just 90% ceca, 10% sgs in china companies asking to relocate overseas

Unregistered 04-03-2024 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269781)
lol @ u thinking sg pay high tech salaries

ur tech market is just 90% ceca, 10% sgs in china companies asking to relocate overseas

The problem is every tom d and harry fresh cs grad from NTU and NUS has been reading the nonsense articles that Business Insider, Techcrunch and Techinasia have been pumping out and are led to believe that all SWEs deserve >20k per month jobs for working 10am to 4pm hours like a jiak liao bee Twitter employee.

Unregistered 05-03-2024 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269784)
The problem is every tom d and harry fresh cs grad from NTU and NUS has been reading the nonsense articles that Business Insider, Techcrunch and Techinasia have been pumping out and are led to believe that all SWEs deserve >20k per month jobs for working 10am to 4pm hours like a jiak liao bee Twitter employee.

Ya lo. Even if go in they quit after 6-9 months saying did not meet their expectation. Then complain why no jobs, ft stealing jobs, gov not providing enough quality jobs when the real problem is themselves

Unregistered 05-03-2024 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 268942)

Received an offer for monthly 5.3k- 5.5k.. am i being lowballed? Big 3 grad FCH w competing offer (HR said no nego for fresh grads though)

Unregistered 05-03-2024 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269826)
Received an offer for monthly 5.3k- 5.5k.. am i being lowballed? Big 3 grad FCH w competing offer (HR said no nego for fresh grads though)

The important point to consider is not whether u are being lowballed but which offer on hand is more likely to develop you for greater things later. Above figure quoted is pretty decent considering the current situation. Get the necessary experience and report to silicon valley or your dream job in the near future.

Unregistered 05-03-2024 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269827)
The important point to consider is not whether u are being lowballed but which offer on hand is more likely to develop you for greater things later. Above figure quoted is pretty decent considering the current situation. Get the necessary experience and report to silicon valley or your dream job in the near future.

Thanks for the advice! Appreciate it :)

Unregistered 05-03-2024 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 269826)

100% lowballed hard

u can negotiate, HR is ********ting, let me guess, name starting with S?

btw no one gives a f about ur FCH or which uni, think you're mistaking that as "leverage", shopee doesn't care, maybe garbage companies like ST engineering will care