Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Shopee fresh grad pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/11930-shopee-fresh-grad-pay.html)

Unregistered 04-09-2022 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229546)
Why so butthurt. second rate devs like you who can't get into more reputable tech firms hv to settle on china internet pasar malams lor. mei you ban fa de. life is like that. there are high fliers and then there are people like you.

whats wrong with criticising the poor management of these kind of second rate companies that dont know how to control costs properly. all businesses have to learn it. some learn it the hard way.

LOLOLOL learn from who?

u want big chinese companies like shopee to listen to some nobody fkface dog like u? LOL

sohai

Unregistered 04-09-2022 08:40 PM

My job offer (tech related) was rescinded last week. Can I seek more compensation beyond the one month they are giving?

Unregistered 04-09-2022 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229626)
LOLOLOL learn from who?

u want big chinese companies like shopee to listen to some nobody fkface dog like u? LOL

sohai

dont sohai here mahai there la

one post can tell you are jhk. stop pretending to be singaporean on salary sg forum stirring shiat. go back to lowyat or whatever third world forum for jhks

Unregistered 04-09-2022 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229546)
Why so butthurt. second rate devs like you who can't get into more reputable tech firms hv to settle on china internet pasar malams lor. mei you ban fa de. life is like that. there are high fliers and then there are people like you.

whats wrong with criticising the poor management of these kind of second rate companies that dont know how to control costs properly. all businesses have to learn it. some learn it the hard way.

What a fking stupid post, stfu.

Unregistered 05-09-2022 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229633)
My job offer (tech related) was rescinded last week. Can I seek more compensation beyond the one month they are giving?

Are you from China?

Unregistered 05-09-2022 08:29 AM

Overpriced talent

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229559)
The sinkie pawn sinkie part is so true man and sad at the same time. I work in a team with 90% of the people from china and I can say that the people in china aren’t even like that. Something rlly wrong with sg culture in just wanting to bring others down

Sorry lo.
I worked with China team before.
They are Mo individualist. Their whole life is based on competition.
From birth to school to job.

Alot of come to Singapore from China is because they want to escape the competition in China.
Hence they are mostly individualist.

Singapore is well. More like pushing here and there.
Ownself lack skills. Use others to boost career
China one is they do. They keep quiet.
Singapore one is ask people do. Boast loud loid like they invented some new techlike that.

Also China one is usually under employement pass when they come to Singapore.
Meaning they cannot anyhow "not happy" just find another job and quit.
So they have to be obedient and lay low.

But of alot China will apply PR. Even when the requirement says must work at least few years.
They don't care. Every year apply hope to get.
That's their culture.

Singapore one. Not happy. Jump.
Can't do. Jump.
Fake and lie.

Unregistered 05-09-2022 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229626)
LOLOLOL learn from who?

sohai

This is online how u even tell he is fkface

Big chinese tech coy my ass la he is right about the china pasar malam company
Get ready to be retrenched soon la china dog
Maybe go suk forest deek to keep your job

Unregistered 05-09-2022 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229676)
This is online how u even tell he is fkface

Big chinese tech coy my ass la he is right about the china pasar malam company
Get ready to be retrenched soon la china dog
Maybe go suk forest deek to keep your job

This is online, how do you tell that the ones disagreeing are people who are working in Shopee?

Yeah that's what I thought, cope harder, dipshit.

Unregistered 06-09-2022 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229685)
This is online, how do you tell that the ones disagreeing are people who are working in Shopee?

Yeah that's what I thought, cope harder, dipshit.

Where my shopee dogs at???

Oh must be busy applying jobs

Unregistered 08-09-2022 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 223391)
yes shopee is a great place to learn and earn ez money

congrats on ur offer, farm as much $$ as possible and laugh at all these haters 1-2 years later when u earn 3x their annual lol

I hope you are laughing still dreaming abt the 3x.. Hehe..

Unregistered 08-09-2022 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229775)
Where my shopee dogs at???

Oh must be busy applying jobs

LOL when you get destroyed so fking hard and can't come up with a decent comeback.

Keep coping, stay on this forum forever nerd.

Unregistered 09-09-2022 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229911)
LOL when you get destroyed so fking hard and can't come up with a decent comeback.

Keep coping, stay on this forum forever nerd.

channelnewsasia.com/business/seas-shopee-shuts-operations-argentina-chile-colombia-mexico-report-2928026

Woof woof

Unregistered 09-09-2022 03:42 PM

Don’t really see complaints from sea Garena Shopee staff about layoff. Seems like it’s a friendly departure

Unregistered 09-09-2022 05:05 PM

Sea's Shopee shuts operations in Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Mexico: Sources

Unregistered 09-09-2022 05:16 PM

Why are people here so toxic and obsessed over Shopee's fate?

They're just a company. You think they give a d*mn about you? They exist to make money and line the founders' and management's pockets.

If they succeed, good. If they fail, who cares? Some other ecommerce platform will just fill the gap.

Also it's better for consumers that there's more competition. Anyway if you're in tech, there are so many jobs around. No need to s**t on Shopee or praise them to the sky. You like to work for them, good. Don't like, find some other company.

Nothing to fight or insult one another over.

Unregistered 09-09-2022 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229929)
channelnewsasia.com/business/seas-shopee-shuts-operations-argentina-chile-colombia-mexico-report-2928026

Woof woof

Har?

simi lanjiao the URL already say chile colombia mexico and argentina where got singapore?

sibei kumgong, no even singapore want talk so much cock, diam la

Unregistered 10-09-2022 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229995)
Har?

simi lanjiao the URL already say chile colombia mexico and argentina where got singapore?

sibei kumgong, no even singapore want talk so much cock, diam la

Use funding for failed business ventures with negative ROI how to keep unprofitable segments afloat. Lmao stupid cock

Unregistered 10-09-2022 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230009)
Use funding for failed business ventures with negative ROI how to keep unprofitable segments afloat. Lmao stupid cock

simi lj what talking u

not singapore right? big banks also close market in all these ulu third world trash countries, does that mean those big banks also dying?

sibei kumgong, no wonder u still here salty crying

Unregistered 10-09-2022 04:15 PM

Lol so many losers here fighting about a trash tier china company

Unregistered 10-09-2022 05:21 PM

yeah lor so many naive ppl get so emotional about a company that only cares about making profits.

Please la wake up alr not ppl start company is to make money not create fake jobs for you to jlb leh

Unregistered 11-09-2022 02:58 PM

I mean at the end of the day you guys live in Singapore lol that **** is depressing enough. Good luck.

Unregistered 11-09-2022 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230092)
I mean at the end of the day you guys live in Singapore lol that **** is depressing enough. Good luck.

And here you are coming to a singapore forum to kaypoh. Your life must be really empty and sad

Unregistered 14-09-2022 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230040)
simi lj what talking u

not singapore right? big banks also close market in all these ulu third world trash countries, does that mean those big banks also dying?

bank got 1 bil loss? seriously stupid dog lmao

Unregistered 14-09-2022 07:50 AM

Useless shopee faster dao bi. Shopee express whole day misroute misroute like free.

Unregistered 14-09-2022 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230040)
simi lj what talking u

big bank profit $2B can afford to make some bad investment write off $100M chump change

SEA Shopee last year lose how much? $931M.

You ok anot brudder? This is not even business sense. This is basic common sense leh.

So kumgong no wonder sarking Shopeee kork everyday. Dumb nerd trash tier SWE only know how to write code dunno anything abt life or the economy

Unregistered 14-09-2022 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230092)

Eh, you're not wrong bro

That's why all the top tech talents go overseas to work in FAANG companies.

Only the trash cans stay in SG and work in Shopee, etc all the garbage tech companies. Even the FAANG in SG are all R&D garbage projects, none of my friends in Meta are working on the big projects that the US Meta offices work on.

Unregistered 15-09-2022 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230045)
yeah lor so many naive ppl get so emotional about a company that only cares about making profits.

Please la wake up alr not ppl start company is to make money not create fake jobs for you to jlb leh

Because they were so proud that they got good pay for a while that they looked down on micron engineers.

But industry correction put them back to reality. That's why the fall from grace was too much.

Unregistered 15-09-2022 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230320)
Because they were so proud that they got good pay for a while that they looked down on micron engineers.

But industry correction put them back to reality. That's why the fall from grace was too much.

is like that one

2 bit devs think they hotshot becos rich china daddy got money to burn hire loads of jlb employees to chase growth. on their own they have no ability to get into FAANG

but now china daddy bo lui liao. need to cut jlb employees.

go work for ncs lah.

Unregistered 15-09-2022 03:34 PM

I love Singapore.

As an Indian I love that in tech many friends are from India to.

U Chinese Singapore should do other jobs, India is good at tech

Unregistered 15-09-2022 04:28 PM

Wow how depressing. We pwn our own citizens while FT trash who look down on us comes in, abuse our grab drivers, taxis, restaurant staffs who are literally under 18 and can be your kids, younger hrothers or sisters...

Come on la... Wake up leh. Shopee dying so what, you rather have Indian WITCH companies rise up and hire purely Indians while us Singaporeans struggle to find jobs?

What the fk... Shopee overpay Singaporeans better than overpay foreigners who clearly don't give a crap about us is better right?

Unregistered 15-09-2022 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230354)
I love Singapore.

As an Indian I love that in tech many friends are from India to.

U Chinese Singapore should do other jobs, India is good at tech

I don't know if you're trolling or not but race has nothing to do with job scope.

Try harder kid. Sibei lame.

Unregistered 15-09-2022 06:51 PM

got insider news from a HR friend, will cut the bonus soon...good luck

Unregistered 15-09-2022 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230376)

Come micron... if you can... we are expanding.

Unregistered 15-09-2022 07:50 PM

I agree with the others, if you're a CMI dev, you won't make it in Shopee and high chance you get cut. 10 of my uni friends are still in Shopee since 2020, they're quite lucky.

Earning around 8k / monthly as SWE now. Their starting was around 6+ so not bad, farmed 6-8k for 2 years. Also they can easily hop to any mid-tier tech company with a 10% pay-cut so not much problem tbh.

The junior roles are the most dangerous, mid level and senior dev roles are still ok and stable.

Personally I wouldn't work at shopee. My friends showed me their codebase and it's a bunch of spaghetti ********. Their architecture documents are mostly in Chinese also, what a joke.

If you want to earn easy money and possibly risk the chances of you learning nothing useful that can help you job hop then go ahead. Crypto monkey devs are also useless af and can't even apply for any FE / BE roles due to irrelevance.

Unregistered 15-09-2022 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230376)

shd cut more sibei song

Unregistered 15-09-2022 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230382)
I agree with the others, if you're a CMI dev, you won't make it in Shopee and high chance you get cut. 10 of my uni friends are still in Shopee since 2020, they're quite lucky.

Earning around 8k / monthly as SWE now. Their starting was around 6+ so not bad, farmed 6-8k for 2 years. Also they can easily hop to any mid-tier tech company with a 10% pay-cut so not much problem tbh.

The junior roles are the most dangerous, mid level and senior dev roles are still ok and stable.

Personally I wouldn't work at shopee. My friends showed me their codebase and it's a bunch of spaghetti ********. Their architecture documents are mostly in Chinese also, what a joke.

If you want to earn easy money and possibly risk the chances of you learning nothing useful that can help you job hop then go ahead. Crypto monkey devs are also useless af and can't even apply for any FE / BE roles due to irrelevance.

one look at shopee app you will know that ALL the devs are cmi

Unregistered 15-09-2022 08:27 PM

vulcanpost.com/803637/sea-ltd-top-management-forego-salaries-cut-spending/

wow wow CEO forgo salary so wei da my herooo

Unregistered 19-09-2022 01:56 PM

Heard from my friend that fresh grad shopee FAANG wannabe SWEs getting retrenched today 😂😂😂💀💀💀

Unregistered 19-09-2022 02:50 PM

Test

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 230652)
Heard from my friend that fresh grad shopee FAANG wannabe SWEs getting retrenched today 😂😂😂💀💀💀

Confirmed?
Sauce?

Unregistered 19-09-2022 03:15 PM

shopee got another round of layoff coming lol