Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Shopee fresh grad pay (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/11930-shopee-fresh-grad-pay.html)

Unregistered 01-01-2024 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 264227)
fresh SWE should be 6-7k. im curious what is fresh product manager salary and potential increments tho

Weak. My fresh grad pay in a banking FO role was 13k before bonuses. And I wasn't even a FCH

Unregistered 01-01-2024 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 264513)
Weak. My fresh grad pay in a banking FO role was 13k before bonuses. And I wasn't even a FCH

no sheet sherlock

Unregistered 02-01-2024 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 264493)
Lmao not as stupid as the genius who voluntarily lets "garbage companies" and "really stupid" internet anons live rent free in their head

Thanks for the laugh buddy

"stupid" and "genius" in the same sentence.

You're leaking braincells lil bro, seek help.

Unregistered 02-01-2024 02:43 PM

Wads gg on chodes

Stop fighting . get back to work codemonkes

Unregistered 02-01-2024 07:33 PM

Quote:

Lmao not as stupid as the genius who voluntarily lets "garbage companies" and "really stupid" internet anons live rent free in their head

HAHAH BURNNNNNNNNNNN

that guy got destroyed!! ur comeback 10/10

Unregistered 02-01-2024 07:50 PM

Quote:

+1

bro salty cuz work at shopeepee lolol

Unregistered 02-01-2024 09:04 PM

Quote:

hahahah that guy dont dare reply anymore, you burned him too hard

Unregistered 02-01-2024 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 264606)
Wads gg on chodes

Stop fighting . get back to work codemonkes

Sorry product mgr, please let me kiss ur shoes now

Angkat your bola makes me wet

Unregistered 03-01-2024 07:40 PM

Anyone knows why the HR round is the last round for Shopee? Seems weird to go through technical interviews before HR..

Unregistered 03-01-2024 08:04 PM

lazada layoffs

when's pee pee's turn?

Unregistered 03-01-2024 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 264777)
lazada layoffs

when's pee pee's turn?

wow finally

lazada is a garbage ass website, you can literally order anything and say "oh didn't receive" and get your money back LOL

im surprised they're not bankrupt

Unregistered 03-01-2024 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 264778)
wow finally

lazada is a garbage ass website, you can literally order anything and say "oh didn't receive" and get your money back LOL

same like shopee then. bunch of FAANG rejects without the slightest idea how to run a business

Unregistered 04-01-2024 08:27 PM

Anyone knows salary range for fresh grad PM (assuming NUS FCH)? Not sure if shopee pays well or not

Unregistered 04-01-2024 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 264875)
Anyone knows salary range for fresh grad PM (assuming NUS FCH)? Not sure if shopee pays well or not

Just go on Nodeflair.com and check there. They have so many verified salary postings, not sure why people keep coming on here and ask.

Unregistered 05-01-2024 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 264778)
wow finally

no wonder website so cui

saw the last lazada sale , macbook, i phone etc all refurbished yet say "brand new" lol trash website

Unregistered 07-01-2024 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 264240)
Idk about you but I think shopee has brought a lot of benefits to most singaporeans.

Cheaper prices than retail, easy to shop and order multiple items from home, decent delivery to houses.

TikTok has its share of mindless content, but there are plenty of motivational content on the platform as well such as disabled people sharing their experiences etc.

If these products were truly not bringing any value, they would have long been killed by market forces long ago

they have been killed by market forces even as we speak.

lol this is the over hype company that share price drop like grapes?

still got people want to join ecommerce? they never making money but just burn shareholders funds right?

they produce only 1 successful game, and its already dying

join this company no job security one, dont know when they will fire you.

lousy HR also, lucky i reject them when they desperately want me to join.

Unregistered 07-01-2024 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265132)
they have been killed by market forces even as we speak.

lol this is the over hype company that share price drop like grapes?

still got people want to join ecommerce? they never making money but just burn shareholders funds right?

they produce only 1 successful game, and its already dying

join this company no job security one, dont know when they will fire you.

lousy HR also, lucky i reject them when they desperately want me to join.

I mean Grab also does the same thing.

At the end of the day who cares? We work for money right? no company last forever anyway unless it's something incredibly niche like google, microsoft or apple where they have enough patents / dominance to easily buy any company that tries to compete against them.

Unregistered 08-01-2024 02:21 PM

Who’s the union for Shopee?

Unregistered 13-01-2024 07:43 PM

Did anyone get an offer recently but no salary figure was disclosed?

alcatraz0101 16-01-2024 01:52 PM

same, i got offered a PM full time grad position but they say they can only disclose the pay in March. did u experience the same?

alcatraz0101 16-01-2024 01:54 PM

Shopee Grad PM Pay (March?)

I was just offered a full time PM grad role for Shopee but the HR said that the exact pay can only be disclosed in March together with the official contract. However, they have sent me an offer letter.

Did any other grad PMs experience the same? and how much do you think they will offer?

Unregistered 16-01-2024 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alcatraz0101 (Post 265708)
I was just offered a full time PM grad role for Shopee but the HR said that the exact pay can only be disclosed in March together with the official contract. However, they have sent me an offer letter.

Did any other grad PMs experience the same? and how much do you think they will offer?

Why must wait till March? Where got company offer without amount one. Like that how to accept?

Unregistered 16-01-2024 02:15 PM

March is when they will have their budget for the next FY. Your offer could be cut/remove if they realize they no money.

Which is probably the case.

Unregistered 16-01-2024 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265710)
March is when they will have their budget for the next FY. Your offer could be cut/remove if they realize they no money.

I wonder if they can be flagged to MOM. This doesn’t sound ethical. Make ppl sign and give hope that there’s a job, only to be told nearing the date it may not materialise.

Unregistered 16-01-2024 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265710)

I mean that makes sense but I wouldn’t say it’s “probably the case”. I think shopee is doing fairly well. Most likely the pay won’t be as competitive but they will try to retain the headcount if possible

Unregistered 16-01-2024 07:19 PM

Quote:

Never heard of this before,

Then again I've had friends in Shopee who got laid off and internship offers that got rescinded after my friends registered for their module at Uni and had to last minute find replacement internships.

So I dunno...

Unregistered 17-01-2024 06:19 AM

Quote:

Hi, unrelated but may I know how many days elapsed between your final interview and the offer letter being given out? Thankss

Unregistered 17-01-2024 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265720)
I wonder if they can be flagged to MOM. This doesn’t sound ethical. Make ppl sign and give hope that there’s a job, only to be told nearing the date it may not materialise.

Willing buyer willing seller. Nobody forced you to accept. You are free to walk away from the contract

Unregistered 17-01-2024 10:31 AM

Quote:

Means your employment is not confirmed yet.

Unregistered 17-01-2024 10:00 PM

Quote:

They trying to chope you first....lol
Just reply them that until you have signed the confirmation letter, you are still open to other offers.

Unregistered 19-01-2024 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265774)
Hi, unrelated but may I know how many days elapsed between your final interview and the offer letter being given out? Thankss

Followup bump

Unregistered 20-01-2024 10:40 PM

Like about 2-3 weeks? How about you? Did you receive it yet?

Unregistered 21-01-2024 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 266117)
Like about 2-3 weeks? How about you? Did you receive it yet?

Finished my last interview 1 week ago but haven't heard back yet! fingers crossed

Unregistered 31-01-2024 09:37 PM

How many rounds are there for their interviews?

Unregistered 01-02-2024 02:24 PM

s://.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/court-dismiss-shopee-case-senior-employee-join-bytedance-non-compete-lim-teck-yong-4091011

petty…

Unregistered 01-02-2024 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 267251)
s://.channelnewsasia.com/singapore/court-dismiss-shopee-case-senior-employee-join-bytedance-non-compete-lim-teck-yong-4091011

petty…

its a legitimate concern tho. most people working in tech have no morals and will jump to whichever paymaster pays them the most for the moment.

the tech industry, much like banking & finance sector, has only 1 overriding motivation: easy money.

i wouldn't put it past techies to pass trade secrets and proprietary data to new employers who poach them. in fact, that's often the reason why they're poached

so let's not pretend to blast the "evil big business" and side with the "poor little guy". It's business as usual and Shopee is fully entitled to try to protect its interests here.

Unregistered 01-02-2024 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 267256)
its a legitimate concern tho. most people working in tech have no morals and will jump to whichever paymaster pays them the most for the moment.

the tech industry, much like banking & finance sector, has only 1 overriding motivation: easy money.

i wouldn't put it past techies to pass trade secrets and proprietary data to new employers who poach them. in fact, that's often the reason why they're poached

so let's not pretend to blast the "evil big business" and side with the "poor little guy". It's business as usual and Shopee is fully entitled to try to protect its interests here.

Say whatever you want but the news now are all giving shopee the shame.

Mothership - Shopee's prospects of winning the case were "so small that they lack substance and reality", said the judge.

It’s a disgrace for the shopee management and a disgrace of their internal legal team and the external legal team they hired

Unregistered 01-02-2024 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 267271)
Say whatever you want but the news now are all giving shopee the shame.

Mothership - Shopee's prospects of winning the case were "so small that they lack substance and reality", said the judge.

It’s a disgrace for the shopee management and a disgrace of their internal legal team and the external legal team they hired

Lmao. Do you think they care? Millions of sinkies gonna stop using Shopee after reading today's news? You gonna uninstall Shopee from your phone?

As a matter of fact, when tech boom was doing well and shopee was hiring fresh grads by the boatload and paying them far more than they were worth, all of you were willing to su ck Shopee's d**k to get a job there.

Chris Feng is not going to lose sleep over today's headline.

Unregistered 01-02-2024 10:47 PM

Quote:

Lol imagine simping for multimillion dollar companies. I can say the same for the companies themselves, they are only in it for the money

Hope shopee pays u well, go and have ur super shopping day

Unregistered 01-02-2024 11:16 PM

Quote:

if they don't want to reveal trade secrets, there is this thing called garden leave for a reason, they're just too cheap to give it. stop drinking the corporate koolaid, a job is transactional, its cringe that you are trying to defend a company lmao