Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   GovTech (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/8982-govtech.html)

Unregistered 15-12-2021 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 193846)
Good for those promoted to G recently, join the ride for the adj again, haha

Song song gao changi this one

Unregistered 15-12-2021 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 193857)
Nope. This is a reactionary adjustment to hopefully prevent more mid/senior staff from leaving.

They review one by one, more for those underpaid which sound fair or all get the same amount?

Unregistered 15-12-2021 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 193838)
Same for me, if DEH also get adjusted , then what is the point of the adjustment.

The issue now is freshie are so highly paid, and their pay diff to mid senior is so little but mid senior has to do so much more

the obvious solution is to fire the freshies and use the money to pay for better mids and seniors

for the life of me I don't understand why govtech has so many freshies and juniors for. most of them are worse than zuo bo lan and only waste your time

Unregistered 15-12-2021 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 193906)
the obvious solution is to fire the freshies and use the money to pay for better mids and seniors

for the life of me I don't understand why govtech has so many freshies and juniors for. most of them are worse than zuo bo lan and only waste your time

To be fair, some juniors and interns are really good. If not for the fact that they have to leave for studies, my team would have done whatever we can to keep them.

Then there's those on the other spectrum that do not even know the fundamental concepts of the product they are building. Like dude...it's ok to not know at the beginning, but still being clueless after 3 months in...

Unregistered 15-12-2021 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 193907)
To be fair, some juniors and interns are really good. If not for the fact that they have to leave for studies, my team would have done whatever we can to keep them.

Then there's those on the other spectrum that do not even know the fundamental concepts of the product they are building. Like dude...it's ok to not know at the beginning, but still being clueless after 3 months in...

So why still confirm them after 3/6 months?

Unregistered 16-12-2021 12:16 AM

Quote:

Damn... I've heard that seniors were only helpful and nice in GovTech. Changed my mind after this comment.

Unregistered 16-12-2021 12:18 AM

Quote:

What position and department are you in by the way? I sure hope I'm not in the same one as you.

Unregistered 16-12-2021 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 193912)
What position and department are you in by the way? I sure hope I'm not in the same one as you.

That kind of mindset, must be a boomer

Unregistered 16-12-2021 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 193863)
They review one by one, more for those underpaid which sound fair or all get the same amount?

dont think they will do this one by one lah...so many ppl

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 193908)
So why still confirm them after 3/6 months?

auto confirm one leh, i know few of those junior really ZBL, act as a middle man from vendor to mid senior only...really waste money to feed all these junior with no deliverable

Unregistered 16-12-2021 02:14 AM

Good for GovTech. Need younger people to replace the boomers. Tech is no place for boomers