Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   GovTech (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/8982-govtech.html)

Unregistered 15-01-2022 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197751)
Really is win liao lor, but if RO ok then ok lor. What to do. Such is life.

Level 1 or 2 make not much difference.

It’s only going to L3, the chapter lead will make the call to endorse

Most bosses will look at level 3, as it’s not easy to hit level 3 without actually doing it.

Unregistered 15-01-2022 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197752)

Most bosses will look at level 3, as it’s not easy to hit level 3 without actually doing it.

This competency thingy is a good start, hopefully this will take up a substantial part of performance grading in future instead of using only boss appraisal which is like based on projects you done for the year. If agency got no “visible” project for you really is suck thumb good game. Every year C/+ also sian no morale no drive.

Unregistered 15-01-2022 05:47 PM

Interviewed for Security engineer > offer letter states AIE security > actual job title in the end is Project Manager.

Really kena scam gao gao. Hello HR… LOLOLOL

Unregistered 15-01-2022 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197675)
Any advice on how to get promoted?

For my manager, you have to try hard to get promoted. You can demonstrate technical competency by finishing your stories quickly with good quality. Then you volunteer to help others. Can also be things from other roles under the guise of learning and trying out new things. Beyond this, you have to also take the initiative to suggest and implement improvements to the project or process. If volunteers are required for some team or tribe activity, you also go volunteer to show face. This will boost your chance for promotion. Especially at a lower grade. Basically, you need to convince your manager that you zai + got take initiative + high learning agility = can do the job at next grade. Then the show face part is to have the opportunity to meet other team lead and the director and give them a good impression. This is because, after nomination from your manager, your manager also has to discuss with the director and other team lead on who to nominate for promotion from the tribe.

Maybe because it is my first job, I think I tried too hard and now burnout already.

Unregistered 15-01-2022 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197765)
For my manager, you have to try hard to get promoted. You can demonstrate technical competency by finishing your stories quickly with good quality. Then you volunteer to help others. Can also be things from other roles under the guise of learning and trying out new things. Beyond this, you have to also take the initiative to suggest and implement improvements to the project or process. If volunteers are required for some team or tribe activity, you also go volunteer to show face. This will boost your chance for promotion. Especially at a lower grade. Basically, you need to convince your manager that you zai + got take initiative + high learning agility = can do the job at next grade. Then the show face part is to have the opportunity to meet other team lead and the director and give them a good impression. This is because, after nomination from your manager, your manager also has to discuss with the director and other team lead on who to nominate for promotion from the tribe.

Maybe because it is my first job, I think I tried too hard and now burnout already.

Sounds tough, respek your hustle. Who adviced you to do all that? Was it your manager? Did you make it known to your manager at the start that you want to be considered for promotion nomination?

Unregistered 15-01-2022 07:49 PM

Quote:

So they try to promote ‘show face’ culture here? Don’t feel so good if everything do got agenda! So faked

Unregistered 15-01-2022 08:22 PM

Quote:

Thank you for sharing ser

Unregistered 15-01-2022 09:04 PM

Quote:

If you can do all those things above, you should be aiming for PSLP rather than just a junior level promotion, which most will receive for average performance after a year or two.

Unregistered 15-01-2022 09:07 PM

Quote:

Sounds like promoting "Show face" culture, if everyone so busy to show face for Wayang, then who doing the ground works?

Unregistered 15-01-2022 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197787)
If you can do all those things above, you should be aiming for PSLP rather than just a junior level promotion, which most will receive for average performance after a year or two.

What's PSLP?

Unregistered 15-01-2022 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197752)

L3 got so hard one meh? my proj got one guy got 6x L3. two of his L3 not even his main role.

Unregistered 15-01-2022 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197787)

ya loh tiagong junior every year also lvl up

Unregistered 15-01-2022 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197814)

Seeerrrrious?? For SWEs? or all roles in general?

Unregistered 15-01-2022 11:43 PM

Quote:

huh? promotion not depends on your RO only meh?

Unregistered 15-01-2022 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197815)
Seeerrrrious?? For SWEs? or all roles in general?

you check back few pages, I think the discussed before.. not sure how true lah

Unregistered 15-01-2022 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197805)
L3 got so hard one meh? my proj got one guy got 6x L3. two of his L3 not even his main role.

actually the competency easy lah but hit already will promote or not that is the question.

Unregistered 15-01-2022 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197816)
huh? promotion not depends on your RO only meh?

dont be naive. in any forced ranking exercise, the more help u get beyond your own RO helps

Unregistered 15-01-2022 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197818)
actually the competency easy lah but hit already will promote or not that is the question.

competency is just one component. not the be all end all

Unregistered 15-01-2022 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197818)

My understanding is that L4 onwards require external validation from outside Govtech. And since this framework is still new, while its not linked to promotion, you are expected to attain it if you are in a grade and position that requires it.

If you have any of the core at L4, most likely you are already at Grade I

Unregistered 16-01-2022 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197824)
My understanding is that L4 onwards require external validation from outside Govtech. And since this framework is still new, while its not linked to promotion, you are expected to attain it if you are in a grade and position that requires it.

If you have any of the core at L4, most likely you are already at Grade I

grade I only need multiple 3s, none of the post require 4

Unregistered 16-01-2022 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197821)
dont be naive. in any forced ranking exercise, the more help u get beyond your own RO helps

good game for me, I am in a function that nobody likes

Unregistered 16-01-2022 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197814)

True. I am fresh grad joined as D, 1yr promoted to E, another 1yr promoted to F,
forseen another 1-2yr can promoted to G, hehe

Those poor senior with 10-20yr experience still stuck at G, H.

Unregistered 16-01-2022 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197861)
True. I am fresh grad joined as D, 1yr promoted to E, another 1yr promoted to F,

Means you which stuck at G and H for very long like them too?

Unregistered 16-01-2022 09:40 AM

Quote:

Any advice? Did you do what the other chiong sua kia that burned out did?

Unregistered 16-01-2022 09:54 AM

Quote:

Yup 2022 will be even better
sit back and enjoy the many increments hehe

Unregistered 16-01-2022 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197868)
Yup 2022 will be even better
sit back and enjoy the many increments hehe

How u know will be better? u mean 2% inflation increments? hehe

xeltech 16-01-2022 10:57 AM

Quote:

smoking that good **** i see. hehe

Unregistered 16-01-2022 11:04 AM

Quote:

that is very lousy leh.

i join govtech as grade f as fresh grad in 2020.

every year, i was up for promotion.

now already grade h. where got slow.

Unregistered 16-01-2022 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197881)
that is very lousy leh.

i join govtech as grade f as fresh grad in 2020.

every year, i was up for promotion.

now already grade h. where got slow.

Proof it pleassss, show me your name then I search in promotion list in intranet portal, hehe

Unregistered 16-01-2022 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197674)
I joined GovTech 1+ year ago as D grade Associate Software Engineer. I managed to get promoted to E grade last year and my RO told me that I am nominated for promotion again. I am a bit sian of software engineering already and I am thinking of switching to a project management-related role within GovTech (e.g BA/PM/IT Consultant). I am wondering if it would be easier to just continue staying in my current role+team for future promotion, or would it be easier to get promoted at G+ grade in a project management role when compared to an engineering role?

This is one of the example, junior get promoted every yr, senior slow slow wait!

Unregistered 16-01-2022 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197888)
This is one of the example, junior get promoted every yr, senior slow slow wait!

stop saying stupid things.

if you are in govtech, you will know why seniors get promoted slowly.

Unregistered 16-01-2022 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197889)
stop saying stupid things.

if you are in govtech, you will know why seniors get promoted slowly.

to get into higher grades requires appointment

Unregistered 16-01-2022 12:50 PM

Quote:

Yes, this is correct. For those who need context on the grade vis-a-vis MX levels.

Moving from MX13 to MX11 is easy, beyond that really depends on aptitude.

D/E = MX13
F/G = MX12
H = MX11
I = MX11A
J = MX10
K = MX9 (Superscale)

Unregistered 16-01-2022 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197894)
Yes, this is correct. For those who need context on the grade vis-a-vis MX levels.

Moving from MX13 to MX11 is easy, beyond that really depends on aptitude.

D/E = MX13
F/G = MX12
H = MX11
I = MX11A
J = MX10
K = MX9 (Superscale)

seem GT title lower than Ministry, I is Senior but MX11a in Ministry is Principle already

Unregistered 16-01-2022 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197896)
seem GT title lower than Ministry, I is Senior but MX11a in Ministry is Principle already

How about compensation wise? Sama sama?

Unregistered 16-01-2022 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197896)

Titles don't really mean much, salary is more important.

A "manager", "head", "assistant director" can all be individual contributors with no direct reports.

Unregistered 16-01-2022 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197915)
Titles don't really mean much, salary is more important.

A "manager", "head", "assistant director" can all be individual contributors with no direct reports.

It matters when you jump ship!

Unregistered 16-01-2022 02:44 PM

Quote:

lol so many fake post like yours trying to stir ****. Proof it pleasss, show me your name then I search in promotion list in intranet portal, hehe

Unregistered 16-01-2022 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197921)
lol so many fake post like yours trying to stir ****. Proof it pleasss, show me your name then I search in promotion list in intranet portal, hehe

Where to search? I want kaypo too

Unregistered 16-01-2022 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 197916)
It matters when you jump ship!

Only last drawn salary matters. It's well known that titles in public sectors are inflated (e.g. fresh grad in MTI/MAS are called asst director, associates).