Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 20-07-2022 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 225923)
Had interview recently with 3 companies which are NCS, NEC and ST. Salary offered are about the same. Job scope is on server infrastructure

Want to know if ST give out bonus and increment %

Side track: not able to find anything related to Nec in this forum. Anyone has any info or friend with info on how many month bonus does Nec give and their annual increment %

Thanks

couldnt get interview with govtech ah? encourage u to try there if u havent

Unregistered 20-07-2022 11:14 AM

Haha

Quote:

Had interview recently with 3 companies which are NCS, NEC and ST. Salary offered are about the same. Job scope is on server infrastructure

Side track: not able to find anything related to Nec in this forum. Anyone has any info or friend with info on how many month bonus does Nec give and their annual increment %

Thanks

I have worked in all 3 of this company. I can give yiu insight.
Ncs - have money and willing to attract talent (nucleus program) etc but with money come many projects and difficult client and always fighting fire. Cause accepted money and people quitting left and right and they are willing to pay to replace cause fire!!! So be prepared to work. Have learning opportunities as well. People leave after learning for easier life.

Nec - projects that lose out to ncs, come to nec. Usually cause they bid cheaper or ncs can't deliver the past few projects. So customer try new vendor. So cheaper bid. Means cheaper resources. I would say ncs is the power house. Nec is like 3rd class citizen. Not alot of smart people or tech people. Those few also semi exp probably quit from ncs etc. Just people doing C grade work can liao. Likewise bonus sucks. Office also sucks. Ncs office so big. Nec office one building one. Enufff said.

ST - defence project most of the time. No training etc. Cause the people principal engineer, etc all no skills one. Their promotion is based on length of service or how much the senior management like them. So be prepared to take order from clueless people. They want to hire people who have experience but not willing to pay for experience.

Since the pay is the same... It really is...
I would suggest going from ncs, ST to nec.
That way you can get experience from all. Since pay the same.
But start with ncs cause yiu can have more exposure. Training. Etc. Work with more tech savy people.
Once cannot take it. Bring that experience to the lower options.

Don't start with nec or st first.

Unregistered 20-07-2022 11:16 AM

Last

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 225924)

Govtech are filled with Google wannabes. Scholar's etc. Bit nobody want to do the non glamorous work.

People wanted to join there cause $$$. I can tell you most gahmen agency also outsourcing to cheaper provide cause govtech charge alot. Why? Cause their scholars all high pay.

Govtech is not a place for retirement. ST better.
Govtech only good few years of resume

Unregistered 20-07-2022 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 225924)

I went to govtech interview before, but was offer to join under company name called Cognizant.
So its not directly under govtech

Unregistered 20-07-2022 11:57 AM

Quote:

Thanks

ST increment, expect 1%-2% increment yearly for average performer, no AWS 13th month, variable bonus is about 1 month for average performer, depending on which BU you are from.

Gradsoon 20-07-2022 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 225804)
Anyone have any idea what is the increment % this year? I have no idea as my 11% is together with promo from E6 to M1. I want to know how good is the increment they claim it to be.

Increment,
Band 3=1% +/- 0.2%
Band 2=2% +/- 0.2%
Band 1=3% +/- 0.2%

there are 2 more bands, Band3=bottom 5% and Band1=top 5% not sure of these 2.

promo increment anything higher than 10% is good already

Unregistered 20-07-2022 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 225936)
I went to govtech interview before, but was offer to join under company name called Cognizant.
So its not directly under govtech

Dont join under outsource, you will be treated as 2nd class citizen

Unregistered 20-07-2022 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 225931)
Govtech are filled with Google wannabes. Scholar's etc. Bit nobody want to do the non glamorous work.

People wanted to join there cause $$$. I can tell you most gahmen agency also outsourcing to cheaper provide cause govtech charge alot. Why? Cause their scholars all high pay.

Govtech is not a place for retirement. ST better.
Govtech only good few years of resume

ya ofc, why else would u wanna join govtech if not for the high(ish) pay?

agreed with u, it is not the place for retirement. i assumed the OP asking the above still wants to chiong and maximize his/her earning potential. not slack off and be irrelevant 5-10 years down the road.

Unregistered 20-07-2022 05:00 PM

if cannot get interview means bad?

Unregistered 20-07-2022 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 225953)
if cannot get interview means bad?

not say bad la, maybe just suay ba. the HR screen filters out quite a good chunk. atb.

Unregistered 21-07-2022 02:13 PM

Sucks to be you

Want to share my experience about promotion etc.
I joined in 2019 under 2 year outsource contract.
Then covid happened in 2020. Salary was freeze etc. Renewed in 2020 during the peak of covid.
Was unhappy cause another team member who have been with company since 2017 quit.

I have to do twice the work with same pay etc. No conversion. Management freeze hiring.
If was so bad.

But I endured. Thinking Covid-19 if I still have a job. Its a blessing.
Fast forward. 1 July 2022 I was converted to perm and promoted to senior engineer. The increment was alot. I asked the HR for break down etc. They did adjust my salary with the consideration
That my salary was freezed and on top or that a promotion.

Ofc I'm damn happy!
And the other colleague who quit in covid. Guess what? He joined another division.
Traitor.

And guess what he still project engineer title.
He messaged me out of the blue today trying to **** talk that why I get promoted etc.
He worked longer still E5.

I just told him "management see that I worked hard and value my loyalty so they promoted me to keep me lo. Not like you jump ship"

Now he regret that he quit. I told him no use one la. If you don't quit. I can't get promoted haha.
So it's a good thing you quit.

Anyway lesson is. Sometimes you might think quitting and joining another offer is a better approach but in the long run, management is human. Why would they promote someone who wants to quit?

Make no sense.

Anyway his lost.
And oh I'm not the only one who promoted. Quite a number in my division was promoted from all ranks. E6, M1, M2, even one 20 plus year engineer finally promotef to senior principal engineer. Get his own office now.

Its all about timing. And opportunities.
My traitor ex colleague can enjoy being a low level project engineer in the other division. Since he just joined like 1 year less, his promotion also won't happen until 2 to 3 years later.

Maybe that time I might be promoted to M1.
I'm so happy hahaha. K***, if you are here lurking I hope you read this.. Hahaha

Unregistered 21-07-2022 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226036)
Then covid happened in 2020. Salary was freeze etc. Renewed in 2020 during the peak of covid.
Was unhappy cause another team member who have been with company since 2017 quit.

I have to do twice the work with same pay etc. No conversion. Management freeze hiring.
If was so bad.

Fast forward. 1 July 2022 I was converted to perm and promoted to senior engineer. The increment was alot. I asked the HR for break down etc. They did adjust my salary with the consideration

Ofc I'm damn happy!
And the other colleague who quit in covid. Guess what? He joined another division.
Traitor.

He messaged me out of the blue today trying to **** talk that why I get promoted etc.

I just told him "management see that I worked hard and value my loyalty so they promoted me to keep me lo. Not like you jump ship"

Now he regret that he quit. I told him no use one la. If you don't quit. I can't get promoted haha.

Anyway lesson is. Sometimes you might think quitting and joining another offer is a better approach but in the long run, management is human. Why would they promote someone who wants to quit?

Make no sense.

Anyway his lost.
And oh I'm not the only one who promoted. Quite a number in my division was promoted from all ranks. E6, M1, M2, even one 20 plus year engineer finally promotef to senior principal engineer. Get his own office now.

My traitor ex colleague can enjoy being a low level project engineer in the other division. Since he just joined like 1 year less, his promotion also won't happen until 2 to 3 years later.

I'm so happy hahaha. K***, if you are here lurking I hope you read this.. Hahaha

Noob. for sure he will promote from E5 to E6 within 2-3 years times no matter what unless he cock up serious issues. By that time, I'm sure his salary will be higher than u. and I guess you are a very toxic person.

Unregistered 21-07-2022 02:39 PM

Quote:

If was so bad.

Ofc I'm damn happy!
Traitor.

Make no sense.

Anyway his lost.

Dumbass. With a mentality like yours, you won't survive outside. And let's hope ST we'll never re-org.
You are lucky ST never Re-org before otherwise ... i wish you good luck.

Unregistered 21-07-2022 03:15 PM

Jump

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226037)
Noob. for sure he will promote from E5 to E6 within 2-3 years times no matter what unless he cock up serious issues. By that time, I'm sure his salary will be higher than u. and I guess you are a very toxic person.

I have a friend who worked under a team as project engineer even though he is like 40 plus.
He was known as the old folks. He everyday complain that he have to report to a senior engineer in his early 30s.

Now that he joined another division. 2 years have passed. He promoted to assistant principal engineer cause HR say why he 42 still a project engineer.

There are team / division who will actively stop your progress so they can level up themselves.
Its all about what value you can bring. If your team got so many 10 years plus, no chance. Better join anew clueless team and be laojiao there.

Unregistered 21-07-2022 03:22 PM

Promote me senpai

Does anyone know promotion is based on what?
Length of service in ST or years of working since graduation?

Cause I have graduated 5 years ago but this is my 3rd job. Still E5.
If I ask my boss to promote me to senior cause I'm already 5 years since graduated .

Is that okay, I'm only with this company for 8 months

Unregistered 21-07-2022 03:40 PM

Quote:

If was so bad.

Ofc I'm damn happy!
Traitor.

Make no sense.

Anyway his lost.

You are lucky to be converted. Some BUs profit margin is way more important than investing in staff.

Your "a lot" in increment is how much? 20%?

Unregistered 21-07-2022 03:59 PM

Lowballed

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226044)
You are lucky to be converted. Some BUs profit margin is way more important than investing in staff.

Your "a lot" in increment is how much? 20%?

About 57%. For me it's 2k bump. For context when I join was only offered 3.6k now fresh grad getting 4.5k already.

Yes its alot but I was underpaid for 3 years with 1full year of frozen salary.
So don't give me the **** it's too much. I still lose out 3 years rxp compared to newly join fresh grad

Covid was cruel to me.
Now I can start to work hard and compete with fresh grad

Unregistered 21-07-2022 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226043)
Does anyone know promotion is based on what?
Length of service in ST or years of working since graduation?

Cause I have graduated 5 years ago but this is my 3rd job. Still E5.
If I ask my boss to promote me to senior cause I'm already 5 years since graduated .

Is that okay, I'm only with this company for 8 months

The answer for sure is No. you just work for 8 months only and yet u asking for a promotion. If next year you are still around might have a chance to get promoted.

Unregistered 21-07-2022 09:15 PM

Quote:

If was so bad.

Ofc I'm damn happy!
Traitor.

Make no sense.

Anyway his lost.

you just got promoted to E6 senior engineer still 4k+? New hire E5 this year already 5k. new hire E6 is even higher. the colleague who quit and re-joined, his E5 salary is higher than your E6 salary. just remember promotion increment cannot win new hire rejoin increment.

Unregistered 21-07-2022 09:19 PM

Quote:

If was so bad.

Ofc I'm damn happy!
Traitor.

Make no sense.

Anyway his lost.

Seriously you are damn toxic as a person to type this kind of thing.
Good luck to you.
You are not gonna make it.

Unregistered 21-07-2022 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226062)
Good luck to you.

I think he will make it here leh. I thought we can all agree that progression here is mostly based on whether are you the pet of the management? He's actually quite a good one lol.

But outside, tough, but still possible.

Unregistered 22-07-2022 07:49 AM

Overpaid new hire

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226061)
you just got promoted to E6 senior engineer still 4k+? New hire E5 this year already 5k. new hire E6 is even higher. the colleague who quit and re-joined, his E5 salary is higher than your E6 salary. just remember promotion increment cannot win new hire rejoin increment.

Not true la.
We just hired an E5. I signed off the hire application its just 4.2k.
What 5k nonsense. My division alot of existing E6 not even 5k...

Is that why nobody want to help new hire?

Unregistered 22-07-2022 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226088)
Not true la.

wah,what division? tech?

Unregistered 22-07-2022 10:01 AM

New E5 from my side 5k

Unregistered 22-07-2022 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226062)
Good luck to you.

I agree. Good luck to the E5s and below that he will be leading.

Unregistered 22-07-2022 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226047)
About 57%. For me it's 2k bump. For context when I join was only offered 3.6k now fresh grad getting 4.5k already.

Yes its alot but I was underpaid for 3 years with 1full year of frozen salary.
So don't give me the **** it's too much. I still lose out 3 years rxp compared to newly join fresh grad

Covid was cruel to me.
Now I can start to work hard and compete with fresh grad

Your toxic nature of communication will bring you very far in ST. Congrats that you have found a place you can thrive in.

Also like many in ST, your language and punctuation in a type-written environment are horrible.

Unregistered 22-07-2022 10:28 AM

Quote:

Not true la.

If the BU is the core business function probably yes. If it's those BU that tenders for every little small project to do, then the salary will likely be lower.

Unregistered 22-07-2022 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226092)
wah,what division? tech?

Land systems. Arms

Unregistered 22-07-2022 02:11 PM

Haha

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226100)
New E5 from my side 5k

Don't bluff la. ST software is very small. Main ST business is in the engineering.

Most software solutions are outsourced.

Nobody in their software right mind will join ST as tech developer. Lol

Unregistered 22-07-2022 02:14 PM

Lol

ST still just paying 5k

Lol new starting pay this year is 5.5k already.

Unregistered 22-07-2022 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226104)
Your toxic nature of communication will bring you very far in ST. Congrats that you have found a place you can thrive in.

Also like many in ST, your language and punctuation in a type-written environment are horrible.

pruss huan pruss huan

Unregistered 22-07-2022 07:57 PM

ST stupid organisation only play waiting game. See who can tahan longer get promoted.
Need play politics to force your colleague to leave do you can be the left over ones

Unregistered 22-07-2022 08:24 PM

Quote:

Not true la.

diff division lah, tech divisions are paying E5 5k now.

Unregistered 22-07-2022 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226124)
Don't bluff la. ST software is very small. Main ST business is in the engineering.

Most software solutions are outsourced.

Nobody in their software right mind will join ST as tech developer. Lol

New hire E5 is 5k, new m1 is 6.5k-7.k5 now, you are either trolling or ignorant. don't believe go and ask the newly hired software/cloud/network engineers.

Unregistered 22-07-2022 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226126)
ST still just paying 5k

Lol new starting pay this year is 5.5k already.

since when ST fresh grad starting pay 5k?

Unregistered 22-07-2022 09:38 PM

tsasdfas

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226157)
since when ST fresh grad starting pay 5k?

dont have lo.

ST is NOT A TECH COMPANY LOL.
IT'S A MANAGEMENT AKA RETIREMENT VILLAGE.

aiyah why u all gloat come in with small 5k.
ST ppl join straight away VP level with 15k per month and do nothing.
my division got a new VP joined. cant find his online resume etc. no name etc.
come to work at 930 am leave at 5pm.

5pm is the staggered hours for ppl who come at 730 am to 5 pm. but this VP thinks oh ppl leave early he also leave early.

**** company. engineer works until 8 pm every night to catch deadline.

Unregistered 23-07-2022 10:20 AM

Haha

Hi,

Is there any experienced software developer?
We looking for 1 to 3 years experience.
Can only offer between 4.2k to 4.8k outsource contract renewable each year.

My division is looking for one.
And they say its hard to find. And I wonder why.

But at the same time they hiring project manger from their ns buddy friend. Lol. No experience required.
I wonder why

Unregistered 23-07-2022 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226189)
Hi,

Is there any experienced software developer?
We looking for 1 to 3 years experience.
Can only offer between 4.2k to 4.8k outsource contract renewable each year.

My division is looking for one.
And they say its hard to find. And I wonder why.

But at the same time they hiring project manger from their ns buddy friend. Lol. No experience required.
I wonder why

wtf haha project manager jin satki

Unregistered 25-07-2022 01:52 PM

Have been reading ST job reviews here for week, seem like more not many good reviews..
ST benefit is slightly better compared to nec.
Need decide between ST and NEC. (Not looking for retirement but looking forward to learn new cloud tech)

Unregistered 25-07-2022 04:02 PM

Nothing to lesrn

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 226319)
Have been reading ST job reviews here for week, seem like more not many good reviews..
ST benefit is slightly better compared to nec.
Need decide between ST and NEC. (Not looking for retirement but looking forward to learn new cloud tech)

Both also can't learn new tech la. Ncs better.
ST tech is still stuck in the 80s. Cannot connect your laptop to Internet you know.
Laptop old like 10 years ago.

Come to ST work is like go back to pre internet age.
Can't connect Internet. Can't use camera phone.

In that sense go nec better.
But nec also no good, your colleagues all cmi one.

All rejects.

Best go ncs. More exposure