Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 21-01-2022 12:33 PM

3 yr i think

Unregistered 22-01-2022 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 198697)
3 yr i think

at the end of it, this place really isnt the best place. if the person is capable, he would get better remuneration elsewhere

Unregistered 23-01-2022 10:34 AM

Are there still 2 tea breaks, once in morning and once in afternoon?

I remember seeing a poster about it when I was interviewing at ST Land Systems many years ago.

Unregistered 23-01-2022 11:11 AM

now WFH where got tea break.

dun even need excuse to lepak

Unregistered 23-01-2022 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199003)

I remember seeing a poster about it when I was interviewing at ST Land Systems many years ago.

what a joke. haha

Unregistered 26-01-2022 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199003)

The teabreak not free one. Eat into your work hours.
That's why people 8am to 5pm. ST 8am to 5.45pm

Unregistered 26-01-2022 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199710)

Hahaha like jipun company man

Tea breaks kek

Unregistered 26-01-2022 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 199710)

go or dont go the end time also the same lol

Unregistered 29-01-2022 03:34 PM

is there any salary adjustment this year in <additional> to this July 2022 annual increment?
Wage freeze for 2 years(2020 n 2021) already..

Unregistered 29-01-2022 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200267)
is there any salary adjustment this year in <additional> to this July 2022 annual increment?

of course not. the rest of singapore tech companies too far to catch up anyway

Unregistered 29-01-2022 04:25 PM

Quote:

There increment on my department wor, you from where one?

If freeze for 2 year why you still stay...

Unregistered 31-01-2022 01:02 PM

Quote:

Why would they increase if they know ppl will not leave even if 5 years no increment? Most ppl only kpkb but do nothing

Unregistered 03-02-2022 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 200279)
There increment on my department wor, you from where one?

If freeze for 2 year why you still stay...

It could be the senior management of his BU feels that their earnings are not enough.

Unregistered 03-02-2022 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201081)
It could be the senior management of his BU feels that their earnings are not enough.

mgmt kept it for themsevles haha

Unregistered 03-02-2022 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201081)

OH yeah the senior management freeze for 2 year

Hahaha

Unregistered 03-02-2022 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201130)
OH yeah the senior management freeze for 2 year

Hahaha

No lasa for them lor

Unregistered 03-02-2022 10:08 PM

Just asking. I left another ST BU as E6 to join a MNC but after 4 months I can't stand the toxic environment anymore. Their pace is too fast and too competitive. Everyday during meeting they really ask and demand update from last meeting. Project haven't even late and the pjm was already chasing. Always demand result and delivery figures and i find them like slave drivers need to meet customer demands. Also too many training courses to attend. I already got a degree so i don't really understand what's the point of atteding those courses. I ask the customer to close one eye on some gaps and got scolded by my manager, tell my colleague to relax and got complained. I want to go back to ST but can't find my role open anymore. Anyone here sucessfully returned to ST with the same position and pay? Should I tell the interviewer the real reason that I really CMI in a mnc?

Unregistered 03-02-2022 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201199)
Just asking. I left another ST BU as E6 to join a MNC but after 4 months I can't stand the toxic environment anymore. Their pace is too fast and too competitive. Everyday during meeting they really ask and demand update from last meeting. Project haven't even late and the pjm was already chasing. Always demand result and delivery figures and i find them like slave drivers need to meet customer demands. Also too many training courses to attend. I already got a degree so i don't really understand what's the point of atteding those courses. I ask the customer to close one eye on some gaps and got scolded by my manager, tell my colleague to relax and got complained. I want to go back to ST but can't find my role open anymore. Anyone here sucessfully returned to ST with the same position and pay? Should I tell the interviewer the real reason that I really CMI in a mnc?

nah , you are doing fine. just wait for the letter to fire you instead bah

Unregistered 03-02-2022 11:14 PM

Quote:

lol, why dun you ask your client to close both eye.

Unregistered 03-02-2022 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201219)
nah , you are doing fine. just wait for the letter to fire you instead bah

But i really cannot stand le. Everyday meeting, update status and all the why why why. I tell them i am Singaporean i don't attend meeting at midnight with US people then my manager said customer is from US so we cater to customer. But everytime meeting they talk about so many things i also don't understand. A few days before cny when i go canteen break my colleague told me to go for meeting, I refused because i haven't finish my coffee and I am higher level than him, he is a dip holder while i got a deg yet the manager told me off. I didn't get confirmed so i am leaving. I just want to know if anyone went back to ST successfully back to same position and pay before. The pace in mnc is really not suitable for humans.

Unregistered 03-02-2022 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201226)
lol, why dun you ask your client to close both eye.

In ST we can ask customer to close one eye. We all just want to survive, why take it so serious?
I am just asking if anyone returned to ST successfully before to same position and pay only, if no one did that before then just say so. No need so sacarstic.

Unregistered 04-02-2022 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201228)
But i really cannot stand le. Everyday meeting, update status and all the why why why. I tell them i am Singaporean i don't attend meeting at midnight with US people then my manager said customer is from US so we cater to customer. But everytime meeting they talk about so many things i also don't understand. A few days before cny when i go canteen break my colleague told me to go for meeting, I refused because i haven't finish my coffee and I am higher level than him, he is a dip holder while i got a deg yet the manager told me off. I didn't get confirmed so i am leaving. I just want to know if anyone went back to ST successfully back to same position and pay before. The pace in mnc is really not suitable for humans.

wow bots can write these days

Unregistered 04-02-2022 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201229)
In ST we can ask customer to close one eye. We all just want to survive, why take it so serious?
I am just asking if anyone returned to ST successfully before to same position and pay only, if no one did that before then just say so. No need so sacarstic.

no. 10chars

Unregistered 04-02-2022 12:11 AM

Quote:

Mnc is all about profit leh. Not take ur own sweet time tea break or what le

Unregistered 04-02-2022 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201229)

U this type of mentality got gap close one eye? Wtf? U think u degree holder big fk no need to keep up with pace? U working for company or company working for u? But ur company buay swee la if everyday ask u do midnight meeting.

Unregistered 04-02-2022 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201257)
U this type of mentality got gap close one eye? Wtf? U think u degree holder big fk no need to keep up with pace? U working for company or company working for u? But ur company buay swee la if everyday ask u do midnight meeting.

not happy quit why waste time right

Unregistered 04-02-2022 01:01 PM

Quote:

then why in the first place did you resign from ST?

I think u used to it as ST working style every day can tea break and nobody will chase you for project status that why you cannot take it this kind of small thing like training.

Unregistered 04-02-2022 02:53 PM

Quote:

If you are higher level than your colleague, it is only natural for your manager to expect more responsibilities from you. You are supposed to be the "role model" even though you can be newer than your colleague. Try to learn something from the toxic MNC environment. That is called doing real work. In ST, many times it's just politics trying to push responsibilities around.

There is nothing wrong with having meetings with customers late at night due to time differences. It is one of the norms when you have customers outside of Asia. Be glad you can do it over a call.

Unregistered 04-02-2022 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201334)
then why in the first place did you resign from ST?

I think u used to it as ST working style every day can tea break and nobody will chase you for project status that why you cannot take it this kind of small thing like training.

Precisely. ST canteens you go any time during working hours sure quite crowded one before the pandemic started.

The tea breaks are disguised as "discussions".

Unregistered 04-02-2022 03:19 PM

sounds like a troll more than real.

Unregistered 04-02-2022 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201363)
sounds like a troll more than real.

nah... this type of people very common in ST. Except this one post in forum to ask for opinions on returning to ST.

Unregistered 04-02-2022 10:43 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the laugh. :o

Unregistered 04-02-2022 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201364)
nah... this type of people very common in ST. Except this one post in forum to ask for opinions on returning to ST.

if he cant get back to ST, that means he has regressed and gotten worst since his departure until cannot go back to ST.

Unregistered 04-02-2022 10:47 PM

Quote:

You refuse to go meeting because your coffee haven't finish? Really deserved to tio sacked.

Unregistered 04-02-2022 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201427)
You refuse to go meeting because your coffee haven't finish? Really deserved to tio sacked.

simple job also cant get confirmed.

Unregistered 05-02-2022 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201427)

If what he wrote is true, then the manager should have taken the cup of coffee and throw at his face. :o

Unregistered 05-02-2022 03:46 PM

mnc all about profit and doing more projects. No rest, no stop. I was in one. Got 2 meetings per week to update about work progression. What progression they want to know about in a few days. Really a waste of time.

On top of that i still have group meeting, So 3 meetings per week. Really useless.

Unregistered 05-02-2022 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201510)
mnc all about profit and doing more projects. No rest, no stop. I was in one. Got 2 meetings per week to update about work progression. What progression they want to know about in a few days. Really a waste of time.

On top of that i still have group meeting, So 3 meetings per week. Really useless.

Suddenly so many 'mnc employees' come into this forum to condemn the OP.

Unregistered 05-02-2022 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 201521)
Suddenly so many 'mnc employees' come into this forum to condemn the OP.

U dunno meh?
So many non mnc but mnc wannabe lurking around pretend to be mnc pple once in a while oso feel superior.

Unregistered 07-02-2022 11:43 AM

Can confirm I worked here for 2 years. The pace is so slow. Nothing to do. Everyday have to pretend to work on something. It's really tiring. Running out of "updates" to give