Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 09-11-2020 11:06 PM

Hi guys, I'm graduating next year, and my ex internship BU verbally offered 4.9k basic... dont need to look at final grades also...

Is STE good for fresh grads to join? At least for a couple of years looking at this job climate...

Unregistered 10-11-2020 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 148875)
Hi guys, I'm graduating next year, and my ex internship BU verbally offered 4.9k basic... dont need to look at final grades also...

Is STE good for fresh grads to join? At least for a couple of years looking at this job climate...

Don't really believe that ST is offering 4.9K for fresh grad. Which BU offered you this offer?

Unregistered 10-11-2020 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 148875)

If you dont mind the mgmt, you can try. but i do have to remind you that alot of benefits are no longer available for newcomer and internally seems alittle messy with all the recent "ask to leave" exercise. do give yourself more options to choose. nevertheless the high basic will help you in your next jump if you decided to take on this.

Unregistered 10-11-2020 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 148893)
Don't really believe that ST is offering 4.9K for fresh grad. Which BU offered you this offer?

Yeah I also don't believe.
Plus I have worked for close to 20 years. When I join they even ask me to show my uni transcript which I don't even know gone where.

I had to pay few to my alma mater to reprint the transcript.
Other job interview they only see uni cert. Here want to see this course I get what grade etc.
Quite hilarious if fresh grad don't need to show grade.
And got blatant ridiculous job offer.

Let me know which BU. I would like to report to HR to investigate.

From what I know fresh grad in 2019 is still in the range of 3.6k.
My side the existing E5 joined for 3 to 4 years still in the 4 to 4.4k range.

You 4.9k.. Abit joke.

Unregistered 10-11-2020 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 148902)
Plus I have worked for close to 20 years. When I join they even ask me to show my uni transcript which I don't even know gone where.

Other job interview they only see uni cert. Here want to see this course I get what grade etc.

You 4.9k.. Abit joke.

Allow me to share with you. after the salary restructure back in 2019, the basic has been adjusted. FCH are getting more than 4.9k. i seen it.

but then again, they will see the honours of the cert, so i not sure how he manage to get 4.9k without knowing the result yet.

Unregistered 10-11-2020 04:09 PM

fresh grad getting 4.9k at ST? lol

yep his name is called Tang Gu Gu

Unregistered 10-11-2020 07:34 PM

Fresh grad with first class do get 4.9k or higher. This will come with special clause in their contract. The management have to monitor their performance.

Unregistered 10-11-2020 11:54 PM

Wah, you all say until like that, anyone who is smart enough to get that kind of deal die die also wont reveal the BU.

Even if legit deal also will tio suan.

Unregistered 11-11-2020 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 148918)
Fresh grad with first class do get 4.9k or higher. This will come with special clause in their contract. The management have to monitor their performance.

Really? Then must mark all the fresh grad with fch.
Ppush all the work to them

Unregistered 11-11-2020 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 148903)
Allow me to share with you. after the salary restructure back in 2019, the basic has been adjusted. FCH are getting more than 4.9k. i seen it.

but then again, they will see the honours of the cert, so i not sure how he manage to get 4.9k without knowing the result yet.

Lol after the restructuring I seen a fresh grad colleague who jobless for 6 months. Join in dexhe graduate may. He told us he 4.8k. Private uni some more. Lop

Your fch 4.9k so lite only lol

Unregistered 11-11-2020 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 148954)
Lol after the restructuring I seen a fresh grad colleague who jobless for 6 months. Join in dexhe graduate may. He told us he 4.8k. Private uni some more. Lop

Your fch 4.9k so lite only lol

MORE than 4.9k. not 4.9k. and comparing salary is never ending one

Unregistered 11-11-2020 08:45 PM

recently got 5.5k fresh grad. from suss.

Unregistered 11-11-2020 10:00 PM

talk is cheap la. might as well as 10k fresh grad. so much troll here.

if wanna argue tell exact BU and position. Don't just state salary, else say like never say.

thinkinghard 11-11-2020 10:25 PM

all old bird in ST should just let it go if some fresh grad come in at higher salary than you, i been in both position before, been in a company then some fresh grad come in with no experience and more than 800-1k than me, also at the same time when i join a company, i discover i got a grade higher than few old bird, what i can say instead of jealous their higher salary, why not think about yourselves first, no point whining and show a loser attitude, if not happy you are welcome to leave and ask for higher salary in another company. but most of the time, old bird just too comfortable of their life there or unable to leave due to no one wanna hire you.

EDIT: i suggest those that gonna reveal your salary here, exclude your BU and official title in ST, you can see old bird in here don welcome you, you can be easily trace out by them.

Unregistered 11-11-2020 11:55 PM

i think old bird doesnt seem to take well when fresh grad get such a high pay. thus, in denial.

but 5.5k from suss? dont sound too realistic .

Unregistered 12-11-2020 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinkinghard (Post 148990)
all old bird in ST should just let it go if some fresh grad come in at higher salary than you, i been in both position before, been in a company then some fresh grad come in with no experience and more than 800-1k than me, also at the same time when i join a company, i discover i got a grade higher than few old bird, what i can say instead of jealous their higher salary, why not think about yourselves first, no point whining and show a loser attitude, if not happy you are welcome to leave and ask for higher salary in another company. but most of the time, old bird just too comfortable of their life there or unable to leave due to no one wanna hire you.

EDIT: i suggest those that gonna reveal your salary here, exclude your BU and official title in ST, you can see old bird in here don welcome you, you can be easily trace out by them.

why are u even commenting when you have zero or little knowledge about ST?

Unregistered 12-11-2020 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 148997)
i think old bird doesnt seem to take well when fresh grad get such a high pay. thus, in denial.

but 5.5k from suss? dont sound too realistic .

Wah earn so much right off the boat.. Can't even qualify for hdb liao. Haha

thinkinghard 12-11-2020 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149009)
why are u even commenting when you have zero or little knowledge about ST?

i been in ST before and after pay restructuring, but no longer over there. All my past ST comment is based on what i have see/hear/personally experience it in ST.

Unregistered 12-11-2020 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 148902)

You 4.9k.. Abit joke.

I left as a E5 with 5 years experience after the restructuring. My last drawn there basic was a little lower than 4.4k.

Unregistered 12-11-2020 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 148984)

Lmao, just take a look at SUSS GES... 75th percentile in their top course also only 3.75k...

Unregistered 12-11-2020 09:30 PM

Gotten an agency contract offer from ST.

E5 with a basic of $3900.

Although, They are willing to wait for me to get my AWS first from my current company before I tender but I will have to agree the contract with the agency first.

However there is a clause in the contract that state If, after accepting this offer of employment, you choose not to commence employment with us, you shall be liable to pay us as agreed liquidated damages an amount equivalent to one month’s basic salary.

The problem is that I am still awaiting offer from 2 companies which they will only get back around end of the month.

Any1 have experience with accepting the agency offer but before start work decided not to take up the offer eventually.

Unregistered 12-11-2020 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149010)
Wah earn so much right off the boat.. Can't even qualify for hdb liao. Haha

Which era are you from? Now 4 room flat gross monthly ceiling is at 14k. 3 room also can go up to 14k ceiling.

Even if both spouses earn 5.5k with 15 months pay package also can qualify.

Unregistered 12-11-2020 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149046)

Although, They are willing to wait for me to get my AWS first from my current company before I tender but I will have to agree the contract with the agency first.

However there is a clause in the contract that state If, after accepting this offer of employment, you choose not to commence employment with us, you shall be liable to pay us as agreed liquidated damages an amount equivalent to one month’s basic salary.

The problem is that I am still awaiting offer from 2 companies which they will only get back around end of the month.

Any1 have experience with accepting the agency offer but before start work decided not to take up the offer eventually.

How many years experience u have?

Unregistered 12-11-2020 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149046)

So low. Fresh grad earning 5.5k u working experience only 3.9k.. see..
example of why fresh grad are inflated.

Unregistered 12-11-2020 10:23 PM

Got pay diff between the fresh grad tech roles and the fresh grad non technical roles.

But ste 5.5k starting is a wet dream for these lao jiaos... 5k alr extremely rare

Unregistered 12-11-2020 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149056)
Got pay diff between the fresh grad tech roles and the fresh grad non technical roles.

But ste 5.5k starting is a wet dream for these lao jiaos... 5k alr extremely rare

I really have doubts with the way HR do things...
HR simply gave salary based on paper qualification than the new hire's ability and skillset without consulting the interviewers on how well should the new hire be paid.

There are many times where you have a really talented fresh grad from a private uni drawing much lower salary than a non-technical fresh grad holding the same position.
Ended up having many talent ones leaving shortly and thats why STE is always lacking of technical staff.

Unregistered 12-11-2020 10:42 PM

Different BU got different HR practices. Then again, it is hard for anyone to fairly judge the technical skill level of colleagues you regularly have lunch with.

Top fresh grads now seriously getting paid top dollar. Inequality seems to be widening even at the entry level.

Unregistered 12-11-2020 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149060)
Different BU got different HR practices. Then again, it is hard for anyone to fairly judge the technical skill level of colleagues you regularly have lunch with.

Top fresh grads now seriously getting paid top dollar. Inequality seems to be widening even at the entry level.

Not sure if it happens at your BU.
There are those that showed really good potential after reviewing their work.
Its really frustrating seeing them leave due to pay discrimination issue.

Unregistered 12-11-2020 11:39 PM

It's an employee market now for us in tech, software developer or tech-related roles. So if you don't feel that your pay is justified, whether compared to fresh grads or whatever, just make the move. If you find it hard to even get interview, then you have two options. Just remain comfortable in your current role, or wake up your idea and upskill.

On average, you should be receiving 2-4 LinkedIn messages on new opportunities every month. Otherwise, your public CV or personal branding is really bad, or probably your skills aren't good enough or relevant enough for the market now.

Unregistered 13-11-2020 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149067)
It's an employee market now for us in tech, software developer or tech-related roles. So if you don't feel that your pay is justified, whether compared to fresh grads or whatever, just make the move. If you find it hard to even get interview, then you have two options. Just remain comfortable in your current role, or wake up your idea and upskill.

On average, you should be receiving 2-4 LinkedIn messages on new opportunities every month. Otherwise, your public CV or personal branding is really bad, or probably your skills aren't good enough or relevant enough for the market now.

I don't think linkedin messages is a good measure but the main idea is there.

Unregistered 13-11-2020 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149059)
I really have doubts with the way HR do things...
HR simply gave salary based on paper qualification than the new hire's ability and skillset without consulting the interviewers on how well should the new hire be paid.

There are many times where you have a really talented fresh grad from a private uni drawing much lower salary than a non-technical fresh grad holding the same position.
Ended up having many talent ones leaving shortly and thats why STE is always lacking of technical staff.

HR is just to help the company to get in people. If you want low salary and the boss prefer you, HR will get credits from the hired. Fresh grad do have starting salary of 5.5k. By getting this kind of salary, you know what kind of work is waiting for you. There also people who can get this kind of salary that are not able to perform at their work. They can survive because they have a easy going boss. most of the time these people are scholar and they do not fly high in their career and rest celling of their career. like reach a salary around 6k with $30 increment per year plus 1-2 month bonus in those high tech company.

Unregistered 13-11-2020 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149073)
HR is just to help the company to get in people. If you want low salary and the boss prefer you, HR will get credits from the hired. Fresh grad do have starting salary of 5.5k. By getting this kind of salary, you know what kind of work is waiting for you. There also people who can get this kind of salary that are not able to perform at their work. They can survive because they have a easy going boss. most of the time these people are scholar and they do not fly high in their career and rest celling of their career. like reach a salary around 6k with $30 increment per year plus 1-2 month bonus in those high tech company.

And... You are from ST?

Unregistered 13-11-2020 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149070)
I don't think linkedin messages is a good measure but the main idea is there.

if you're not actively applying for jobs, that's probably the only measure you can rely on.
getting linkedin messages can imply a few things.
1. the market is short of talents with your skillsets
2. your profile is very attractive to these prospective employers or recruiters
3. recruiters are desperate to close the positions
4. recruiters generally are more active and savvy on linkedin
5. mix of the above

regardless, always a good sign

Unregistered 14-11-2020 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149078)
And... You are from ST?

Does not sound like ST at all

Unregistered 14-11-2020 12:40 AM

Newly joined E5. How is the annual increment like here for average performance? Thanks.

thinkinghard 14-11-2020 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149119)
Newly joined E5. How is the annual increment like here for average performance? Thanks.

depend on your department, i was once in a department that always get 2 months bonus.

Unregistered 14-11-2020 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149119)

I think i broke the lowest increment record.. 0.7% increment

Unregistered 14-11-2020 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 149124)
I think i broke the lowest increment record.. 0.7% increment

Pay freeze for the following year. 0% increment.

Unregistered 14-11-2020 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 148984)

yah, only if your lao peh is president of ST lollll

Unregistered 14-11-2020 04:56 PM

man 2020 sucks