Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 16-01-2024 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265632)
The second or third tier university students , even though a tad lower than nus ntu are still outperforming their managers. My department has a SIT grad that is more knowledgeable than his manager who is there for the past 10 years being parachuted in.

I never said all grads from first-tier universities are all good. I have met my fair share of NUS/NTU first class honors who are a bit wonky. eg. they will get into a fight with the customer or use no EQ words to express themselves. Some believe that they are still in the army or academia and never made the transition completely. But it is a minority.

but we must always recognize the power of math and statistics, and yes - the truth of the bell curve. you might have your very dramatic and tragic lived experience because it has appeared in 联合晚报 (RIP), but it is just one point in the sample of billions.

Unregistered 16-01-2024 08:00 AM

Bonus month & increment %?

Who has any estimation for ST Eng (M&s and ANS) on VB and increment %? (Eg; band1, 2 & 3)

Unregistered 16-01-2024 08:33 AM

Young mjnd

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265685)
you can work very hard and OT every day, but how much did you really contribute to the end result? I had ST colleagues who OT for a whole week stuck on a problem that I solved in half a day. You can say maybe the management recognise the effort of the people who spend more time on the problem, but if you are the talented one do you really want to stay? some more these people seldom acknowledge the help that I give. maybe plagarism and copy homework culture? who knows.

anyway promotion like your acad grades are also subject to the bell curve in large organizations. and because they are tied to promotions (eg. like have to have certain good grades in a row before promotion they are strictly rationed). stat board and glcs follows a rather conservative seniority and connections based glass ceiling.

You solve the problem half a day then means company don't really need to hire you fill time.
Should just pay you part time pay, hourly wage and since you finished it in 4 hours half a day... You get paid so little.

Stupid.

While your colleague milked the company for OT and "busy" at work for management so when come to performance appraisal, it's the overworked busy OT colleague who is visible. Not you..

Cause you only work half a day and spent the rest of your working hours on forums..
Hahaha

Unregistered 16-01-2024 12:05 PM

Best Division / BU for Software Fresh Grad

Any idea where in ST is the best to start as a software engineer? Any idea how the fresh grad salary is like?

Unregistered 16-01-2024 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265700)
Any idea where in ST is the best to start as a software engineer? Any idea how the fresh grad salary is like?

Could be close to 6k.

Unregistered 16-01-2024 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265716)
Could be close to 6k.

But no 13th month, max 1 month PB, no more RSU, 16 days AL.

Beware!

Unregistered 16-01-2024 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265691)
You solve the problem half a day then means company don't really need to hire you fill time.
Should just pay you part time pay, hourly wage and since you finished it in 4 hours half a day... You get paid so little.

Stupid.

While your colleague milked the company for OT and "busy" at work for management so when come to performance appraisal, it's the overworked busy OT colleague who is visible. Not you..

Cause you only work half a day and spent the rest of your working hours on forums..
Hahaha

yes. that's what happened. and then that biz division sank into a new level of mediocrity.
lost all the core technologies, only can do superficial UI customization.
all attempts at copying competition failed becaue too expensive and quality lousy.

now basically surviving on one one govt legacy project.

you can't fix mediocre management with rockstar engineers. that's why I left.

Unregistered 17-01-2024 12:24 PM

At ST, OT is more valued than efficiency as the manager just want to show his power. Typical Chinaman company...

Unregistered 17-01-2024 04:08 PM

4 month pb for highest rating tier this year?

Unregistered 17-01-2024 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265632)
The second or third tier university students , even though a tad lower than nus ntu are still outperforming their managers. My department has a SIT grad that is more knowledgeable than his manager who is there for the past 10 years being parachuted in.

GES don't lie that much, SIT grads are getting very high participation rates for the GES, much higher than NUS/NTU. Their pay is lower than NUS but some courses already have higher median salaries compared to NTU already. Whatever they are doing works imho.