Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 10-01-2024 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265005)
Not everyone work for the money, ok? The higher pay means more workload (OT & Fast-peace)

ST is famous for its slavery culture for engineers, force OT and low pay. The work life balance is for jlb management. Eventually you will have to work day and night due to your incompetent diploma colleagues that could not complete his work on time. Or SIM graduate :(

Unregistered 10-01-2024 10:00 PM

Bonus and Increment

When payout for increment and bonus for st?

Unregistered 11-01-2024 11:06 AM

Bonus and increment 2024

Bonus is always paid out in March , increment or pay adjustment is done in July.

Anybody got info of how much will bonus be this year ?

Unregistered 11-01-2024 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265297)
ST is famous for its slavery culture for engineers, force OT and low pay. The work life balance is for jlb management. Eventually you will have to work day and night due to your incompetent diploma colleagues that could not complete his work on time. Or SIM graduate :(

of cuz I don't wanna do work, your rank is lower than mine, but your fresh graduate pay offered is higher than mine. you can jolly well do the work that I pass to you. It's my lao jiao privilege.

Unregistered 11-01-2024 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265297)

All the newbie engineers that go into ST are all from the second or third-tier unis. No one from NUS/NTU.

When it comes to hardcore math, science and engineering, all fail. But they are not all that useless. Writing end user "x for dummies" kind of documentation still can barely make it.

Actually it's a very sad thing. China can do a lot better than us, including systems integration. We are only translator and sticker paster nia. And some of the better 'translators' are PRCs or Taiwanese.

Unregistered 12-01-2024 01:15 PM

Depends on your department ba... mine got MIT grad and NTU grad fresh hired

Jlb dept attracts Jlbs

Unregistered 12-01-2024 04:54 PM

Anyone tio salary review for this yr yet?

Unregistered 12-01-2024 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 265424)

Jlb dept attracts Jlbs

the mit grad will quit within 3 months, the ntu grad will quit within a year... unless the fellow really got some thing wrong.

happened in ST and many other stat boards before. then the PM no choice have to 面对现实 and choose the person who is not that beh kan but not that good either. most important is that he will stay long enough to close project and not give him extra headaches with turnover.

all the depts are the same lar.

Unregistered 13-01-2024 12:12 PM

Quote:

Jlb dept attracts Jlbs

Can’t agree more on jlb attract more jlb.

Really no end to retirees coming in each year. Because of MINDEF over hiring and selling their awesome leadership propaganda, so many stat boards and GLCs now have to bear their hiring mistakes made 30 years ago.

Unregistered 13-01-2024 01:19 PM

Quote:

Jlb dept attracts Jlbs

Every year so many NTU grads, some are good some are bad, so nothing special about it. The MIT grad probably is bonded for 6 years, so no choice.