Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 13-11-2023 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260314)
Yeah, I think STE is missing out that valuable employees tend to leave because they are not rewarded for their good quality.

Currently looking at new job opportunities since I am not given my increment.

It is always an irony when a new guy could join as E6 with 1-2 years experience but old employee needs to achieve band 2 for consecutive 3 years for promotion :)

Unregistered 14-11-2023 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260076)
I left 6 years ago with M1 grade $6K+. Now, my salary is almost doubled with 3 hops.

I joined ST 6 years ago with M1 grade 6k+ Now my salary also more than doubled. ST IS DA BEST!

Unregistered 14-11-2023 11:25 PM

Good luck to STE. A company that was once shining so brightly, but dying off slowly right now.
The only way to improve it is to start from the top. Change all at once. All those VP,AVP,SVP,Directors must go.

Unregistered 16-11-2023 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260413)
Good luck to STE. A company that was once shining so brightly, but dying off slowly right now.
The only way to improve it is to start from the top. Change all at once. All those VP,AVP,SVP,Directors must go.

why do it the hard way? you can simply set up your own company and make sure you don’t hire deadweight can already right?

Unregistered 16-11-2023 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260413)

You are mistaken. All the VPs, AVPs, SVP, EVPs are the outcome indicators of their most successful product delivered to the govt, which is known as the retirement package.

Unregistered 16-11-2023 10:40 AM

Is there anything ST developed is successful?

Unregistered 16-11-2023 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260524)

Their most successful product is known as retirement village. It’s a place where retired and uniformed folks get parachuted to lead engineering functions at a salary higher than their combat pay and risk allowance. Most of them are kept happy there as their pay package is very value for money especially for the effort they need to put in. We need to think it positively that ST is doing a good job keeping most of them there, imagine the consequences if these people end up in the private sector or some public sectors. U may take a look at IMDA thread and see why it is important for ST to do well in their most successful product.

Unregistered 16-11-2023 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260524)

ST is only a System Integrator, putting together commercial available products and call it their solution. Some Engineering Managers in certain BU focus their energy vetting documents for spelling mistakes and formatting rather than actually looking into solutions for current technical issue which the customer is already very unhappy about.

Unregistered 17-11-2023 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260559)
ST is only a System Integrator, putting together commercial available products and call it their solution. Some Engineering Managers in certain BU focus their energy vetting documents for spelling mistakes and formatting rather than actually looking into solutions for current technical issue which the customer is already very unhappy about.

it’s a better idea to learn what products ST customer is unhappy about, quit, set up your own company make and sell it back to ST for sky high margin.

also good to show end customer, they have ways to make ST heel.

Unregistered 24-11-2023 10:52 AM

Got offered 4.7k E6. Land Systems. Same line of work for 7 years. Advance Diploma. Should i take? Currently drawing 4.2