Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 10-07-2019 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121302)
If I join in Dec 18, will have increment this year in 2019 anot? And usually what is the rate?

I think if you don't receive email at the start of this month most probably don't have

Unregistered 10-07-2019 03:44 PM

Can someone kindly help to confirm will there be any increment upon confirmation of service after your probation?

Thanks in advance

Unregistered 10-07-2019 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121480)
Can someone kindly help to confirm will there be any increment upon confirmation of service after your probation?

Thanks in advance

No increment after probation

Unregistered 11-07-2019 03:34 PM

If hit the max cap salary for the grade, will there be any more increment in the following year? And if hit max cap and the bosses don't fight for your promotion even for above average appraisal, what will be the minimum increment or will there be no increment?

Unregistered 11-07-2019 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121450)
C - 0.9 months
C + - 1.4 months

That's pathetic.. Are these the figures after the pay restructure?

Unregistered 11-07-2019 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121558)
That's pathetic.. Are these the figures after the pay restructure?

Yeah very pathetic, indeed. They are famous for shortchanging their engineers. But however, they do have some nice and interesting stuff to work on. Left ST in 2017 thou. Anyone know if they are still paying their engineers (fresh grad and old bird) 20% to 40% below the market rate? Any agile environment for cultivating an agile team after the restructure so far? Any major change?

Unregistered 11-07-2019 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121562)
Yeah very pathetic, indeed. They are famous for shortchanging their engineers. But however, they do have some nice and interesting stuff to work on. Left ST in 2017 thou. Anyone know if they are still paying their engineers (fresh grad and old bird) 20% to 40% below the market rate? Any agile environment for cultivating an agile team after the restructure so far? Any major change?

Yes they still are underpaying. Most likely fresh graduate will join now.

And they remove the stock purchase option for newcomers from this year onwards. So, nothing to look forward for the newcomers except maybe stable job

Unregistered 12-07-2019 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121565)

And they remove the stock purchase option for newcomers from this year onwards. So, nothing to look forward for the newcomers except maybe stable job

Being in the "dumping ground" doesn't look cool... Furthermore, I foresee that they will hire in a lot of desperate and easily contented people for the job. Not very healthy thou... But indeed, very stable job in ST. They seems to be very job protective instead of workers protective. At least that was the case when I was still there.

Unregistered 12-07-2019 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121565)

well at least with an engineering degree, your pay will be higher than a non-engineering grad givent tha both are doing the same non-engineering role

Unregistered 12-07-2019 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 121593)
well at least with an engineering degree, your pay will be higher than a non-engineering grad givent tha both are doing the same non-engineering role

Erm.. if I am not wrong, ST are paying their engineers like an executive. Meaning to say, non-engineering and engineering degrees are paid the same. and of course it depends on the class of honors obtained as well, and also the university attended. Also, NS are not taken into consideration for additional salary, which is a disappointment. I wonder if there are any positive changes after restructuring?