Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 03-10-2018 09:34 AM

hows the increment at ST Marine? $50? or 3% minimum???

junxian 09-10-2018 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 110623)
hows the increment at ST Marine? $50? or 3% minimum???

There is not minimum, somes get $0, some get %50, those are 'marked' for bad performance that year.

typically around 3-4%

junxian 09-10-2018 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 109843)
anyone from ST Marine?

bonus still consistent at 4-5mths?

wow it dropped that much :confused:

2007-2012 its quite consistent to get 6+1

Unregistered 25-10-2018 12:20 PM

Is ST Electronics a good place for technical people who harbour no promotion to project management role?

Can engineers choose to stay at senior engineer or principle engineer without being forced promoted to manager? Certainly with a salary cap.

Unregistered 26-10-2018 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 111146)
Is ST Electronics a good place for technical people who harbour no promotion to project management role?

Can engineers choose to stay at senior engineer or principle engineer without being forced promoted to manager? Certainly with a salary cap.

depend on your project that you are working on but be prepared to do everything as you move up...

engineer/manager are just title ...

Senior Engineer / Senior Executive = E6

Ast Principal Enginner / Assitant Manger = M1

Principal Engineer / Manager = M2-M3

zero_88 27-10-2018 09:47 PM

I work in ST

Con - politics
I can tell, really a lot of politics one, cos ST Electronics himself is TOO BIG

gt different division, then those old people like to stalk at people and see what are u doing, like are u surfing the web, or doing real work, and you tio mark bo dai bo ji, I know some people tio marked b4, just becos the old people management "don't like u"

I can say, there dun focus on the output of the work, but rather people skill, social skill and how well u able to interact with colleague

(almost) everyone damn fake and wear mask everyday. But there are still nice people around

Pro is - really very slack most the times, but of cos thing u must do la, sometimes need to go down to site and do testing. Sometimes will go home quite late but once in a blue moon kind, you also wun stay alone la.

Working timing is sibei flexible one, if you know the boss on leave, you can come work at 10am, nobody know unless your colleague bao toh you (which refer to the first point of office politics). If you miss your breakfast, can go out for a breakfast and start work at your free time.

1130pm lunch, lunch is no fixed time, but we usually go at 1130pm, can come back anytime, usually we come back at 1230pm

OT is optional, actually how much work u done, nobody know, even your boss also dun know, cos they will not check on you. You need to DELIVER something by the end of the day. BUT, if your co worker, blackmouth you or complain say u nvr do thing, YOU KENNA. Back to point 1, KEEP A GOOD RELATIONSHIP with your colleagues.

Take MC and leave is piece of cake, you can easily take 2 day mc, I still gt about 10 days of MC for this year havent finish

Conclusion
-------------

I recommend this to people who are like to chup and smoke and mix with people, generally 30+ to 40+. Don't mind wear a mask everyday and keep good relationship with colleague at all time. It is very stable.

If you are introvert, young and vibrant, and also like to experiment new technology or like to be alone, this is really not a place for you.

Salary is above average, just above the line of average. Bonus is good

If vs NCS, I would choose ST over NCS

Unregistered 27-10-2018 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zero_88 (Post 111214)
I work in ST

Con - politics
I can tell, really a lot of politics one, cos ST Electronics himself is TOO BIG

gt different division, then those old people like to stalk at people and see what are u doing, like are u surfing the web, or doing real work, and you tio mark bo dai bo ji, I know some people tio marked b4, just becos the old people management "don't like u"

I can say, there dun focus on the output of the work, but rather people skill, social skill and how well u able to interact with colleague

(almost) everyone damn fake and wear mask everyday. But there are still nice people around

Pro is - really very slack most the times, but of cos thing u must do la, sometimes need to go down to site and do testing. Sometimes will go home quite late but once in a blue moon kind, you also wun stay alone la.

Working timing is sibei flexible one, if you know the boss on leave, you can come work at 10am, nobody know unless your colleague bao toh you (which refer to the first point of office politics). If you miss your breakfast, can go out for a breakfast and start work at your free time.

1130pm lunch, lunch is no fixed time, but we usually go at 1130pm, can come back anytime, usually we come back at 1230pm

OT is optional, actually how much work u done, nobody know, even your boss also dun know, cos they will not check on you. You need to DELIVER something by the end of the day. BUT, if your co worker, blackmouth you or complain say u nvr do thing, YOU KENNA. Back to point 1, KEEP A GOOD RELATIONSHIP with your colleagues.

Take MC and leave is piece of cake, you can easily take 2 day mc, I still gt about 10 days of MC for this year havent finish

Conclusion
-------------

I recommend this to people who are like to chup and smoke and mix with people, generally 30+ to 40+. Don't mind wear a mask everyday and keep good relationship with colleague at all time. It is very stable.

If you are introvert, young and vibrant, and also like to experiment new technology or like to be alone, this is really not a place for you.

Salary is above average, just above the line of average. Bonus is good

If vs NCS, I would choose ST over NCS

What do you mean salary above average?
Can you elaborate after five years, ten years, fifteen years.... annual remuneration package is?

Unregistered 28-10-2018 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zero_88 (Post 111214)
Salary is above average, just above the line of average. Bonus is good

If vs NCS, I would choose ST over NCS

I randomly checked Glassdoor and Payscale for software engineer's salary.

They seem to suggest fresh grad engineers are getting $3,200 on average (~ $40,000/year). Senior engineers with maybe 5 years of experience maybe $3,800 to $4,200 (~ $50,000/year). Well,I assume on average they get a small increment of $100. So after 10 years of experience, one ends up with a $4,200 to $4,500 salary?

Then there are news reports are saying fresh IT graduate out of university are already getting $4,000-$4,500 for their first job.

Which report is more accurate about ST and NCS' approximate salary range? What's going on?

zero_88 28-10-2018 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 111218)
I randomly checked Glassdoor and Payscale for software engineer's salary.

They seem to suggest fresh grad engineers are getting $3,200 on average (~ $40,000/year). Senior engineers with maybe 5 years of experience maybe $3,800 to $4,200 (~ $50,000/year). Well,I assume on average they get a small increment of $100. So after 10 years of experience, one ends up with a $4,200 to $4,500 salary?

Then there are news reports are saying fresh IT graduate out of university are already getting $4,000-$4,500 for their first job.

Which report is more accurate about ST and NCS' approximate salary range? What's going on?

the increment is very little one, it apply to all of GLC, include NCS
NCS my friend second lower, his starting pay is 3.6k + performance bonus (subject to company performance)

he just started 2018 aug

Unregistered 28-10-2018 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zero_88 (Post 111221)
the increment is very little one, it apply to all of GLC, include NCS
NCS my friend second lower, his starting pay is 3.6k + performance bonus (subject to company performance)

he just started 2018 aug

Roughly the increment for GLC is how much? Is there a formula or approximation given years of service/experience?

Assuming a fresh IT grad today starts at 3.6k, I take it as the average salary. Every year add a fixed $100 or $50? Or a percentage of the salary e.g. 3% to 4% adjustment?


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2