Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 01-08-2022 01:15 PM

Lame

True story. E6 was hired last year at 4.2k.
Then they hired a new E5 this year 4.2k also.

Guess what? The E6 damn not happy.
Refused to guide the E5.

He said "I'm not paid enough to train people with my same salary".

Then after that incident my boss ask admin to send mass email to while division that salary is a confidential matter. Anyone who break this rule will he reprimanded to HR.

The division very cold now. Not surprising I have a M2 principal engineer who claimed that his pay is also close to fresh grad. He say cause he not from comp science...

I think everyone is lower paid than fresh grad.
Then ask HR what's the point of job title / salary grade if it doesn't mean nothing

Also same division you can have new hire straight away perm for some team but some other team must be outsource... No rhyme or reason other than which boss got power can hire perm. Who have no power. An only hire outsource. No budget..

Its very very funny.
Also got so many managers. Managers with nobody under them and no project to manage.
Wonder what they managing

Unregistered 01-08-2022 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 227015)
Thanks your HR.
Fresh grad join with high pay complain not enough and everything also don't know how to do.
Seniors kept in the dark thinking their 3% increment means they are doing work right.

E5 can earn 5k. Yet an E6 who joined last year only 4.2k.
Lol

Ask HR to train all this high paid clueless fresh graduates la

I left as e5 after 3rd year. When I enter my upper study E6 told me first thing.
"If I go out find work I don't dare to put senior engineer in my resume." Which makes me pounder
hard.

If anyone at point of time feel unhappy can always go out and find other job.
I also second guess in future if I go E6 and M1. Fresh grad also come in with higher salary than me and I don't dare to put assistant principal/principal engineer in my resume. Cause i won't be able to perform a fresh graduate level at outside industry

Unregistered 01-08-2022 08:56 PM

if so bad, why not just leave ? let all the high paid fresh grads do the jobs la

Unregistered 01-08-2022 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 227028)
software/cloud/network E5 fresh grad already 5k starting pay, you are still dreaming??

Meanwhile E6 with 5-8 year exp with the company is only paid 4.2-5.2k.

As of 2021, E6 paid near to 5.5k.

Unregistered 01-08-2022 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 227108)
I left as e5 after 3rd year. When I enter my upper study E6 told me first thing.
"If I go out find work I don't dare to put senior engineer in my resume." Which makes me pounder
hard.

If anyone at point of time feel unhappy can always go out and find other job.
I also second guess in future if I go E6 and M1. Fresh grad also come in with higher salary than me and I don't dare to put assistant principal/principal engineer in my resume. Cause i won't be able to perform a fresh graduate level at outside industry

the recruiter will be familiar with what the title means in ST, otherwise they're useless and you can ******** them anyway

Unregistered 02-08-2022 07:42 AM

Entitled new workforce

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 227125)
As of 2021, E6 paid near to 5.5k.

E5 next year will be 5.5k

Unregistered 02-08-2022 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 227126)
the recruiter will be familiar with what the title means in ST, otherwise they're useless and you can ******** them anyway

OP here. After leaving this toxic place i want to completely stop coming to this forum but part of me still want to keep coming back to read the comments

Yup. Outside somehow all know ST rank structure. Really fortunate to get new job outside before i stay and rote. After a number of years will be farming rank path.
I know alot of people who came back to ST too. All minimum up one rank after going out and returning

Unregistered 03-08-2022 12:52 PM

Retired

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 227153)
OP here. After leaving this toxic place i want to completely stop coming to this forum but part of me still want to keep coming back to read the comments

Yup. Outside somehow all know ST rank structure. Really fortunate to get new job outside before i stay and rote. After a number of years will be farming rank path.
I know alot of people who came back to ST too. All minimum up one rank after going out and returning

Leave for what.
Retire here

Unregistered 03-08-2022 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 227293)
Leave for what.
Retire here

why stay? this place is too toxic and the salary is everyone know how much people are getting

Unregistered 04-08-2022 07:40 AM

I am SIM grad join as E5 with 3.6k, am i underpaid?