Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 19-08-2022 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228519)
Management are not here to promote you....
Remember that.

Managers are there to promote themselves by using you.
So the next time you do something for your manager, ask yourself.

If i do this task, will I be promoted or your manager.
If the answer is your manager will take the limelight and credit, then don't do.

Engineers are used like stepping stone.
Managers keep climbing higher and higher

Its the manager leadership and planning and coordination thats why the project sucess.
Not wrong la

Unregistered 19-08-2022 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228497)
Totally agree with you on the bosses. They only promote those they like.

My time there I was the one with a niche skill and certificate there. I even came up with a lot of recommendations to meet the customers' requirements. I was there to pacify the customer and take all the bullets when things go awry.

But no, the management rather promotes the engineers that make the most noises pointing fingers when it is obvious the planning and design went wrong.

When I tendered my resignation, the managers panicked and hoped I would stay and help them with the implementation of a new solution and kick-start a project. I really want to show them the finger but I see no point in wasting my own efforts. My point is simple, they could have shown more appreciation during my time there and not waited till I tendered.

Where did u go after tender? I also want zhao but feel like this place is very relax

Unregistered 19-08-2022 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228547)
Where did u go after tender? I also want zhao but feel like this place is very relax

All the blood go to leg shaking then cannot think for your self is it

Unregistered 22-08-2022 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228547)

I went private and took a different track although once in a while I still do what I did in ST.

My previous BU was not relaxed. People left and management wanted to keep manpower lean work was often delayed and I ended up doing more administrative work and pacifying customers as the technical teams were overwhelmed and could not produce the deliverables on time.

Unregistered 25-08-2022 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228708)
I went private and took a different track although once in a while I still do what I did in ST.

My previous BU was not relaxed. People left and management wanted to keep manpower lean work was often delayed and I ended up doing more administrative work and pacifying customers as the technical teams were overwhelmed and could not produce the deliverables on time.

I dunno how you defined 'relaxed' but i would say it is still easier than in private.

What you faced in ST against govt agencies/stat board versus what you will face in Private against them is really different.

Sack you for poor performance? When they're lacking in manpower already they sack you who deliver? lol. Plus the fact that no much people wants to join. It might not be as iron rice bowl as in the past but the bowl is still more tough than private.

Unregistered 26-08-2022 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 228920)
I dunno how you defined 'relaxed' but i would say it is still easier than in private.

What you faced in ST against govt agencies/stat board versus what you will face in Private against them is really different.

Sack you for poor performance? When they're lacking in manpower already they sack you who deliver? lol. Plus the fact that no much people wants to join. It might not be as iron rice bowl as in the past but the bowl is still more tough than private.

Not relaxed at all.
Come office 730 am, meeting back to back different suppliers. Few hours long.
Then end of the day need to prepare document etc. Leave office only 7 pm.

Every day rushing. For months is like this now.
Where is the relax part?

Unregistered 26-08-2022 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229017)
Not relaxed at all.

Where is the relax part?

u r the biggest clown in the circus then

Unregistered 26-08-2022 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229017)
Not relaxed at all.

Where is the relax part?

U join wrong department. I can see people sleep in office from 9 to 3pm for 6 month

Unregistered 27-08-2022 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229048)
U join wrong department. I can see people sleep in office from 9 to 3pm for 6 month

If you don't believe go level 4 and see got 1 youngster and 1 auntie also come ST sleep and watch

Unregistered 27-08-2022 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 229082)
If you don't believe go level 4 and see got 1 youngster and 1 auntie also come ST sleep and watch

ST is ahead of the curve, already implementing European work ethic