Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 16-01-2018 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zero_88 (Post 103332)
Guy I receive a contract role from St Electronic

They offer me 3.5 k for contract

just wanna know

if they convert me to perm, will they increase the salary?

or will it remain the same?
if have increase, how much should I be expecting?

Contract from ST elect themselves or out-source contract ?

Salary adjustment if any and amount depends on your performance during contract.

For good performer, 5-10% typically.

zero_88 17-01-2018 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 103873)

Salary adjustment if any and amount depends on your performance during contract.

Contract from ST elect, so if my performance is average, what will be the increment

Unregistered 22-01-2018 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 102642)
I had an interview at the STE info-comm and the whole process went very smooth.
After 2 weeks, I intended to make a follow-up and the outcome was the hiring manager has not made any decision on my job application. Besides that, the HR asked me to wait for another 1-2 weeks and even told me that if there's any job offer outside just take it. (FYI, I'm a fresh grad)
Recently, the job adver was opened again for hiring on their official portal.

In this case, can anyone tell me what r the chances of landing this job?

There's probably a second round interview if they're gonna offer. I went for the first round and thought I did badly coz I basically anyhow answered the questions. Was quite surprised that they called me up for a 2nd interview around 2 to 3 weeks after the first interview. Afterwards they called me like 3 times a week telling me they gonna offer in a week's time.

Unregistered 25-05-2018 01:18 PM

Crap

crap company that pays top dollar for senior management and peanuts to pple actually doing all the work.

National day VIP visit, staff cannot walk pass main entrance but instead make detour go thru basement carpark to get to cafeteria. That's how they view their employees. jian bu de ren.

new policy is as good as bye bye to promotion. Min B grade for 3 consecutive yrs before eligible to be considered for promotion. If 3rd yr you kena C+, reset everything.

As good as saying, in the dept either the same few always got B(and promote) the rest eat grass, or, rotate the B and all forget about promotion.

FoS new policy.

Unregistered 25-05-2018 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 107471)
crap company that pays top dollar for senior management and peanuts to pple actually doing all the work.

National day VIP visit, staff cannot walk pass main entrance but instead make detour go thru basement carpark to get to cafeteria. That's how they view their employees. jian bu de ren.

new policy is as good as bye bye to promotion. Min B grade for 3 consecutive yrs before eligible to be considered for promotion. If 3rd yr you kena C+, reset everything.

As good as saying, in the dept either the same few always got B(and promote) the rest eat grass, or, rotate the B and all forget about promotion.

FoS new policy.

What is FOS ??

oh 1st time heard of this requirement. Does it apply throughout the whole ST Engineering group or only applicable to ST Electronic ?

From Aerospace

Unregistered 26-05-2018 08:44 PM

STE is basically a retirement house for a lot of government esp SAF people. Many ex-regulars come in keeping their fat pay packages as directors or vps and it's a tightly knitted gentlemen's club.

There are many long serving staff who joined them for many years starting from junior levels and they usually get stucked as managers as the old boy's club only allows in people from the same background. Normal people will never get anything beyond senior manager rank no matter how good your performance is.

Unregistered 12-08-2018 04:43 AM

How many months pb for average performers?

zero_88 14-08-2018 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 103873)

knn, my colleague say the increment is $50 per year one

tio scam liao:mad:

Unregistered 14-08-2018 10:37 PM

hahaha nobody gets 5-10% increment.

The truth is 2% if average, 3% if good.

zero_88 15-08-2018 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 109620)
hahaha nobody gets 5-10% increment.

The truth is 2% if average, 3% if good.

Ok la..I work there

b4 I start work, I heard the increment default is 3 %- 5%

knn, after I work for a few month, the lao jiao told me their recent contract convert to perm, they get $50 increment nia

if lucky then will hit $100