Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   ST Electronics (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/3060-st-electronics.html)

Unregistered 14-02-2017 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 94506)
Depends on what you mean by middle management. For me the real middle management is M6/G1 level and I doubt any regular without the right connections can just parachute in. Of course if you are talking about manager job titles then I agree anyone can get in.

HAHAHA, middle management M6/G1? There is something wrong with your brain. 95% of ST people career ending point is M1.

Agree with the other poster that some people really got warp understanding of reality.

Unregistered 14-02-2017 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 94568)
HAHAHA, middle management M6/G1? There is something wrong with your brain. 95% of ST people career ending point is M1.

Agree with the other poster that some people really got warp understanding of reality.

You are the one who is frog in the well. It is well known that M4 is the entry manager level for GLCs, M1 is just a junior exec grade that some STE subsidiary happily throw a manager job title.

What is wrong with 95% people not able to make it to manager? In most labour intensive industries like STE, there's like 3% managers and 1% senior leadership positions.

30 years ago when companies don't anyhow inflate titles, it was common for many people not to reach manager or at least need to work for decades before reaching. Now to cater for the Gen Y concept of getting 'promoted' every few years, companies just inflate the titles to make everyone sound big.

Most M1 in STE have zero authority on anything including budget, headcount or resources. Even if they have h/c under them, they have no authority on them at all, everything is deferred to the higher ups which is usually some sort of Director a.k.a real manager.

Unregistered 08-03-2017 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 94584)
You are the one who is frog in the well. It is well known that M4 is the entry manager level for GLCs, M1 is just a junior exec grade that some STE subsidiary happily throw a manager job title.

What is wrong with 95% people not able to make it to manager? In most labour intensive industries like STE, there's like 3% managers and 1% senior leadership positions.

30 years ago when companies don't anyhow inflate titles, it was common for many people not to reach manager or at least need to work for decades before reaching. Now to cater for the Gen Y concept of getting 'promoted' every few years, companies just inflate the titles to make everyone sound big.

Most M1 in STE have zero authority on anything including budget, headcount or resources. Even if they have h/c under them, they have no authority on them at all, everything is deferred to the higher ups which is usually some sort of Director a.k.a real manager.

I second that.

It's so true about the role of M1 as far as i can see from my side

Unregistered 08-03-2017 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 94584)

Sad to say the same case happen for me as well. Now officially a Project Manager @ M2 level in a gov company with 7 years exp. No authority over anything at all, my boss don't even allow me to approve the leave of my 2 kakias. Worst still every small decision must get approval from boss/finance/hr etc. The manager title is just a tactic so thatduring cock up they can push all the blame to me in front of the customer.

Unregistered 08-03-2017 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 95339)
Sad to say the same case happen for me as well. Now officially a Project Manager @ M2 level in a gov company with 7 years exp. No authority over anything at all, my boss don't even allow me to approve the leave of my 2 kakias. Worst still every small decision must get approval from boss/finance/hr etc. The manager title is just a tactic so thatduring cock up they can push all the blame to me in front of the customer.

true, but then if they pay you the same but call you project executive you will turn around and accuse them of no promotion dun value u etc. no pleasing everybody end of day. its not just glc, all other companies are faking titles as well. when meeting vendors i will always insist i need a director/vp or someone who can make decision on the spot, not some idiot fake manager that everything need to "let me check & get back to u".

zero_88 05-04-2017 10:13 PM

anyone know the intern pay of the ST electronics?

Unregistered 06-06-2017 10:34 AM

ST Electronics (Training & Simulation Systems)

Applying as Software Engineer (Front End Web Developer) Anyone currently working there? how's the place?

Unregistered 24-07-2017 02:07 PM

Just want to check. I went for my 2nd interview.

After which I was ask by hiring manager to submit my picture in jacket.
My CV has my picture but why do they need one with jacket and tie.

Does this mean I got the job?

Unregistered 27-07-2017 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 98920)
Just want to check. I went for my 2nd interview.

After which I was ask by hiring manager to submit my picture in jacket.
My CV has my picture but why do they need one with jacket and tie.

Does this mean I got the job?

Anyone can assist and normally what is the waiting time for HR to reply in jurong East side. Thanks ah

Unregistered 29-07-2017 09:25 AM

Got a offer from one of ST subsidiary. The hr told me that there is no different in pay between those who serve ns and those who don't. But I understand that for most glc, they did take into account your ns contribution? Furthermore ST main customer is mindef...