Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   DSTA (under Mindef) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/1940-defence-science-technology-agency-under-ministry-defence-singapore.html)

Unregistered 07-08-2013 09:57 PM

upz for more info

Unregistered 09-08-2013 12:07 PM

Hi just wondering if anyone received a call for interview from dsta for air systems? One of my friends already got called. Thanks :)

Unregistered 10-08-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 40771)
hmm B grader = 7%

For the promotion alone is how many % increment?

how about any salary adjustment in dsta for the past 4 years(on top of AI n promotion, usually b4 an general election)? like the one announce throughout the whole of civil service? is it every one getting 200 or 300 more??!

Promotion... 5 years ago, when I was promoted from 6 to 7 (or was it 7 to 8?), it was 17%.

Unregistered 10-08-2013 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 41037)
Promotion... 5 years ago, when I was promoted from 6 to 7 (or was it 7 to 8?), it was 17%.

wow that mean

annual increment ~5% for C grader or ~7% for B grader + Promotion (17%) = 22 - 24% in total!!!!!!

alot man

Unregistered 13-08-2013 03:27 PM

usus omgersi

Anyone know if dsta currently offers contract or direct perm position?

Unregistered 13-08-2013 03:27 PM

Anyone know if dsta currently offers contract or direct perm position?

Dean 17-08-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 40766)
Do you mind sharing what is your gross salary monthly and the average bonus payout throughout your 4 years in DSTA?

How do you rate your job performance? 7% is very high with comparison to private sector counterpart.

Last but not least, how long does it take to get promotion? Any promotion increment?

Thanks for sharing ! Have a nice day ! :)

I think generally abt 5% for C, 7% for B.
Not many people will get A (top 5%).

Promotion is whatever you get for B/C, + maybe 5-7%.

Pay aside, work in DSTA is extremely hectic due to the demands of the govt. Certain projects may require you to fly frequently. It is a high tempo, high stress environment, but you also grow personally and professionally. Don't just go in for the pay.

Unregistered 17-08-2013 03:33 PM

I saw that DSTA recently put back the job position for Naval, Air, Land system engineer. Does it mean that i was not successful in the application? I did not receive any emails in regards to the position that i applied.

I reapplied for the position again, just in case.

Unregistered 17-08-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 41357)
I saw that DSTA recently put back the job position for Naval, Air, Land system engineer. Does it mean that i was not successful in the application? I did not receive any emails in regards to the position that i applied.

I reapplied for the position again, just in case.

I believe DSTA is always open to hiring top engineers throughout the year, therefore they will always have the job listed up on their website. If you are successful though, they will still contact you so don't worry about their job listing on the web. And they normally call instead of email.

Unregistered 04-09-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 40979)
Hi just wondering if anyone received a call for interview from dsta for air systems? One of my friends already got called. Thanks :)

I got a call for this yesterday and I'm going for an interview on Friday afternoon.