Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   DSTA (under Mindef) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/1940-defence-science-technology-agency-under-ministry-defence-singapore.html)

Unregistered 02-08-2013 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 40358)
How long does it take for DSTA to call you?

I think it depends on when you submit. I submitted mine near the closing date and they called me shortly after application closed.

Unregistered 02-08-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 40689)
I think it depends on when you submit. I submitted mine near the closing date and they called me shortly after application closed.

So, they will wait till closing date then start to call ppl up ah?? 9 more days then...

Unregistered 02-08-2013 10:30 PM

mechanical degree can apply what position??

it seem that most of engineering position want only EEE degree....

please advice!!

Unregistered 03-08-2013 03:50 PM

Building and infrastructure. Or air systems where they need aeronautical knowledge.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 40710)
mechanical degree can apply what position??

it seem that most of engineering position want only EEE degree....

please advice!!

Unregistered 03-08-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 40731)
Building and infrastructure. Or air systems where they need aeronautical knowledge.

nah air system put>>>A degree in Electronics and Electrical Engineering
Technical knowledge in areas such as Avionics, Communications and Navigation, Airborne Radar, Structures, Aerodynamics, Aerosystems would be an added advantage
Passionate, resourceful and enjoys challenges....etc

they need EEE, not mechanical!!!

Unregistered 04-08-2013 03:36 AM

Besides communications and maybe a little bit of radar. What makes eee student better than mech student. Eee know nothing about aerodynamics. So no matter u are from which course. Most of the things u have to learn on the job. Things u learn in school doesn't really help much in DSTA as they are really in depth technology. I'm a mechanical undergrad in air system PC for 4 years and most non scholars here are from mech. Scholars needless to say, they will put them in this PC.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 40733)
nah air system put>>>A degree in Electronics and Electrical Engineering
Technical knowledge in areas such as Avionics, Communications and Navigation, Airborne Radar, Structures, Aerodynamics, Aerosystems would be an added advantage
Passionate, resourceful and enjoys challenges....etc

they need EEE, not mechanical!!!

Unregistered 04-08-2013 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 40753)
Besides communications and maybe a little bit of radar. What makes eee student better than mech student. Eee know nothing about aerodynamics. So no matter u are from which course. Most of the things u have to learn on the job. Things u learn in school doesn't really help much in DSTA as they are really in depth technology. I'm a mechanical undergrad in air system PC for 4 years and most non scholars here are from mech. Scholars needless to say, they will put them in this PC.

Doesnt matter what you think about mech/eee. Fact is, DSTA is looking for EEE grads, not Mech grads.

rubberbus 04-08-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Can you tell us more about working at dsta since you have been there for 4 years?

What are the job scopes, starting salary & yearly increment ?

Unregistered 04-08-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

air system PC, what is the meaning of "PC"??? stand for what?

Unregistered 04-08-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 40755)
Doesnt matter what you think about mech/eee. Fact is, DSTA is looking for EEE grads, not Mech grads.

I know DSTA are looking for eee grad. But trust me. For air system, although in the website they stated that they are looking for eee grad, but mech grad can still try as well. They stand equal chance. It all depends on which division u are working for in the PC. Of course some require eee some would also require mech grad.

What I'm trying to say is that mech grad shouldn't give up without trying. Another thing to note is that air system is the most popular and competitive programme centre. There are many scholars there.

Trust me. They will want mech grad. There is a mix of mech and eee grad in my division at least.