Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   DSTA (under Mindef) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/1940-defence-science-technology-agency-under-ministry-defence-singapore.html)

Unregistered 04-08-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rubberbus (Post 40757)
Can you tell us more about working at dsta since you have been there for 4 years?

What are the job scopes, starting salary & yearly increment ?

Job scope in detail can't say. But its more of acquisition management. Starting salary differ year to year, I'm not sure how much is it now. My year fch was 3880. Yearly increment depends on performance. Average 7%. Promotion minimum is 2 years before they will consider to promoting you. Unless u are super high flyer.

Unregistered 04-08-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 40764)
Job scope in detail can't say. But its more of acquisition management. Starting salary differ year to year, I'm not sure how much is it now. My year fch was 3880. Yearly increment depends on performance. Average 7%. Promotion minimum is 2 years before they will consider to promoting you. Unless u are super high flyer.

What do you mean by average?

do you mean average performance = C grade = approx 7% annual increment per year?

how about B grade and A grade? 10% and 13% respectively?

thank u

Unregistered 04-08-2013 11:35 AM

Quote:

Do you mind sharing what is your gross salary monthly and the average bonus payout throughout your 4 years in DSTA?

How do you rate your job performance? 7% is very high with comparison to private sector counterpart.

Last but not least, how long does it take to get promotion? Any promotion increment?

Thanks for sharing ! Have a nice day ! :)

Unregistered 04-08-2013 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 40765)
What do you mean by average?

do you mean average performance = C grade = approx 7% annual increment per year?

how about B grade and A grade? 10% and 13% respectively?

thank u

What im saying is my increment average is around 7%. Im a b grader.not sure A or C is how much. We dont really ask around as its a sensitive issue. There is promotion increment. But its substantial. Don't worry. Dsta pays u well enough to buy car buy HDB and to start a family. But definitely not a rich person that could buy a condo.

rubberbus 04-08-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 40768)
What im saying is my increment average is around 7%. Im a b grader.not sure A or C is how much. We dont really ask around as its a sensitive issue. There is promotion increment. But its substantial. Don't worry. Dsta pays u well enough to buy car buy HDB and to start a family. But definitely not a rich person that could buy a condo.

wow, 4 years back FCH is 3880. now shld be even higher. increase 7% for 4 years. ur salary shld be ard $5k?

is dsta a very good working environment? why u nv tot of changing job? u may get a even higher salary?

its positive to heard that you can afford a car hdb and start a family. life in singapore is tough.

Unregistered 04-08-2013 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 40766)
Do you mind sharing what is your gross salary monthly and the average bonus payout throughout your 4 years in DSTA?

How do you rate your job performance? 7% is very high with comparison to private sector counterpart.

Last but not least, how long does it take to get promotion? Any promotion increment?

Thanks for sharing ! Have a nice day ! :)

hmm B grader = 7%

For the promotion alone is how many % increment?

how about any salary adjustment in dsta for the past 4 years(on top of AI n promotion, usually b4 an general election)? like the one announce throughout the whole of civil service? is it every one getting 200 or 300 more??!

Unregistered 04-08-2013 08:31 PM

Thanks to the two IRs. Past few years since 2008 have been really good for property investors and government employees. Averaging out the high and low, 7-10% is norm for this period.

But given a choice, I rather going back to pre-2008 era i.e. new 5rm HDB @ $200K, less crowded MRTs, less social ills etc, even though our increment was just 3-5%

rubberbus 04-08-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 40779)
Thanks to the two IRs. Past few years since 2008 have been really good for property investors and government employees. Averaging out the high and low, 7-10% is norm for this period.

But given a choice, I rather going back to pre-2008 era i.e. new 5rm HDB @ $200K, less crowded MRTs, less social ills etc, even though our increment was just 3-5%

u really highlighted the major issues. sad to say we cant do anything when our government don't even care abt our concerns. it's all talk no action.

Unregistered 05-08-2013 12:06 PM

Anyone can share how's the culture at dsta like? They have flexible working hrs right?
Are there also alot of compulsory courses and orientation prog for newbie?

Unregistered 05-08-2013 03:39 PM

Somehow, I also tend to agree to this..... Singaporeans now might earn more than 5 years ago, but overall quality of life has gone down. It is even more dreadful when I think about what it would be for my kids.... sigh....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 40779)