Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   DSTA (under Mindef) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/1940-defence-science-technology-agency-under-ministry-defence-singapore.html)

uturn 28-05-2012 01:00 AM

DSTA (under Mindef)
 
any advise? pros and cons?

do they mandate staff to go for training for personal development?

Unregistered 28-05-2012 12:52 PM

what position you apply?
you study EEE/mechanical...or other ? what class of honours?
male with NS will get $300 for starting salary.

pro-support reservist/ns activity
con-non related field when you want to jump private sector

how much they offer you?

uturn 28-05-2012 11:20 PM

thanks for the reply.

am looking at enterprise IT. 2nd lower

Unregistered 29-05-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uturn (Post 25156)
thanks for the reply.

am looking at enterprise IT. 2nd lower


Good prospects.
Good development opportunities.
Good pay.
Go for it.

uturn 01-06-2012 11:13 PM

any idea do dsta do development on their own for SAP?

cslee 05-06-2012 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 25197)
Good prospects.
Good development opportunities.
Good pay.
Go for it.

recently, heard many ex-dsta join other government agencies like mha.

uturn 09-06-2012 11:02 PM

what kind of development opportunities? personal development like CS got?

uturn 01-07-2012 05:39 PM

when is bonus payout ?

Unregistered 01-07-2012 06:05 PM

when is the last time dsta got salary adjustment?? and by how many% ?

Unregistered 09-07-2012 10:26 PM

sap
 
what kind work does dsta do in regards to SAP?

Unregistered 15-07-2012 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 26282)
when is the last time dsta got salary adjustment?? and by how many% ?

salary adjustment is done at least twice a year..if not quarterly..normally the % increase is in the range of about ~3-5% each time

Unregistered 15-07-2012 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 26635)
salary adjustment is done at least twice a year..if not quarterly..normally the % increase is in the range of about ~3-5% each time

huh, do you mean DSTA every 3-6month got annual increment of 3-5%??, eg like june got one time of annual increment and then December got another time of annual increment as well??



I think that guy is asking, the market salary adjustment for DSTA (like the one those MX scheme people getting additional of 10% increment in FEB2012 announce in the news), not the common annual increment you mention.


please reply

Unregistered 23-07-2012 02:53 PM

DSTA engineer (naval system) is do what one?

Need to frequent attach to ship on-board 2-3mths??

Is the salary good?

Unregistered 24-07-2012 08:46 PM

only questions no answers why like that?

Unregistered 24-07-2012 09:51 PM

ya....I have been asking alot question regarding DSTA, but seem no one reply!!!!

Unregistered 25-07-2012 12:12 AM

big brudder could be watching lar...

Unregistered 25-07-2012 12:14 AM

ai yah... so simple... just put your name and contact number... someone will call u to give u an answer lar...

Unregistered 26-07-2012 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 26893)
DSTA engineer (naval system) is do what one?

Need to frequent attach to ship on-board 2-3mths??

Is the salary good?

engineer in naval system will take care of systems on board ships, from weapons system to radar etc..i don't think there will be a need to be on board for 2-3 mths..but sometimes a few days if i am not wrong for systems testings. Salary wise, it all depends on ur honours and it is the same for DSTA wide.

Unregistered 27-07-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 27067)
engineer in naval system will take care of systems on board ships, from weapons system to radar etc..i don't think there will be a need to be on board for 2-3 mths..but sometimes a few days if i am not wrong for systems testings. Salary wise, it all depends on ur honours and it is the same for DSTA wide.

Thank for your input!!

how about this question:<<salary adjustment is done at least twice a year..if not quarterly..normally the % increase is in the range of about ~3-5% each time >> which is posted by dunno who.

does he mean DSTA every 3 to 6 months, got annual increment of 3-5% each??, eg like june got one time of annual increment and then December got another time of annual increment as well??

Unregistered 27-07-2012 10:14 PM

what i can say is that each year there should be a 10% increase..at least...

Unregistered 27-07-2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 27125)
what i can say is that each year there should be a 10% increase..at least...

that mean all my friend in DSTA, that I had ask had bluff me la...

they only told me yearly increment is 4-5% or $100-150 per year!!!

if it is really 10% increment(maybe the total increment of 1x in june and 1x in dec = 10%) at least per year.....

then I can say that those 2nd upper grad with NS, starting 3580, after 3 years in dsta will be getting 4.7k if no promotion, will hit 5k if got at least 1x promotion...<<<m i correct to say that this is true!!!

and every 2-3 years, will have salary/wage market adjustment too



thank for the input

Unregistered 27-07-2012 11:42 PM

u can ask them for the past FY, how much is their increment. i believe the $100 is the end of year increment. he has not added in those misc increments / salary adjustments during the year.

after 3 years can hit 4.7k? cant confirm, but i will say it won't be far off. if promoted within 2 yrs, will hit even faster. if not, then will take 3-4 yrs to hit that amount. a promotion increment will be about $300-$400.

Unregistered 28-07-2012 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 27131)
u can ask them for the past FY, how much is their increment. i believe the $100 is the end of year increment. he has not added in those misc increments / salary adjustments during the year.

after 3 years can hit 4.7k? cant confirm, but i will say it won't be far off. if promoted within 2 yrs, will hit even faster. if not, then will take 3-4 yrs to hit that amount. a promotion increment will be about $300-$400.

i just quote a 2nd upper with NS [email protected] fresh grad = 3580

just an example
year 0, 2012---->3580
after 1 yr, 2013---->1.1x3580= 3938
after 2 yr, 2014---->1.1x3938= 4331
after 3 yr, 2015---->1.1x4331= 4765---->will hit 4.7k if no promotion(i suppose is average C performer), if got promotion will be 300-400 more, thus 5k -5.1k in 3 years..


hope my hypothesis is correct

Unregistered 29-07-2012 11:31 PM

is dsta contract or perm?

Unregistered 17-08-2012 10:37 AM

Hi everyone,

I am currently offered the position of Procurement Executive. Executive pay is 3.2K a month (I'm a girl). for guys, it'll be 3.5K.

Engineers pay is much higher than Executive's pay. My friend is getting 3.9K for second upper.

I have yet to start work, but my friends who are in DSTA told me increment is about 10% each year, and the bonus depends very much on the economy. They got 2-3 months last year.

Hope it helps!

Unregistered 17-08-2012 10:38 AM

oh yes, DSTA is contract. Its a one year contract, but most likely you'll be converted to perm staff as long as you don't screw things up

Unregistered 17-08-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 27595)
Hi everyone,

I am currently offered the position of Procurement Executive. Executive pay is 3.2K a month (I'm a girl). for guys, it'll be 3.5K.

Engineers pay is much higher than Executive's pay. My friend is getting 3.9K for second upper.

I have yet to start work, but my friends who are in DSTA told me increment is about 10% each year, and the bonus depends very much on the economy. They got 2-3 months last year.

Hope it helps!

As you had mention, you are a female.
Can I know are you 2nd lower or 2nd upper for 3.2k as Procurement Executive?

Unregistered 21-08-2012 01:14 PM

I have been applying for DSTA position for the past 1 year (naval/land/weapon/armament/air system), 0 interview...Got close to 4 years of engineering exp, 2nd lower

cslee 21-08-2012 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 27595)

but my friends who are in DSTA told me increment is about 10% each year, and the bonus depends very much on the economy. They got 2-3 months last year.

Hope it helps!

10% basic increment maybe true for recent past 2 years, even Civil Service is giving out around there - given the exponential rise in property prices. Would be highly doubtful if it's "repeatable" every year for long. If true, most millionaires in sg will be milled out from dsta.

okcan8808 24-08-2012 12:17 PM

If I'm not wrong, DSTA is one of the best paying statboards in Singapore. However, it is also one of the statboard that has to most engineering scholars in Singapore as well. A lot of Ivy League/UCL/Imperial. When it comes to performance ranking against them, you will need to work very hard.

Unregistered 26-09-2012 12:52 AM

fresh degree grad as engineer start at what grade in dsta?

how many grades are there as an engineer?

what are the each grade salary range?

Unregistered 26-09-2012 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 28575)
fresh degree grad as engineer start at what grade in dsta?

how many grades are there as an engineer?

what are the each grade salary range?


Likely 6.
Disjoint now.
Restricted now.

uturn 27-09-2012 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 28575)
fresh degree grad as engineer start at what grade in dsta?

how many grades are there as an engineer?

what are the each grade salary range?

this is a difficult question. it is hard to get people to give such info. For one, they may only know the range at their own grade. :)

it seems like it is not easy to get in and even if you got in, it would not be easy to survive esp. if you are not "good" honors category.

Unregistered 27-09-2012 01:55 PM

Any idea if procurement executive got any prospects?
I know starting pay is good but any value outside or mobility upwards?

icy water 28-09-2012 12:20 AM

My friend who went for dsta interview recently says salary lower than engineers. So the salaries posted cannot be the same for both engineers and procurement executive.

Unregistered 13-10-2012 02:43 AM

hi guys,

can i find out the "most likely" career and remuneration progression of a 2nd-lower grad?

does their Enterprise IT department deal only with mindef-related groups or all government groups?

the skills acquired in there is it applicable only in dsta?

thanks! :)

Unregistered 03-11-2012 06:48 PM

INcrement low
 
i heard the increment is low?

Unregistered 03-11-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 29740)
i heard the increment is low?

so what is your definition of "low" increment?

how low is low?

is 5% annual increment consider low???

.................................................. .................................................. .............

I got 3.5% annual increment for average performer in GLC, so how is it?>?? CMI?!?

Unregistered 03-11-2012 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 29743)
so what is your definition of "low" increment?

how low is low?

is 5% annual increment consider low???

.................................................. .................................................. .............

I got 3.5% annual increment for average performer in GLC, so how is it?>?? CMI?!?

5% is normally the baseline, if ur average performer can add ~2-3% on top, about 7-8%

Unregistered 03-11-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 29745)
5% is normally the baseline, if ur average performer can add ~2-3% on top, about 7-8%

i am not from dsta,

but you seem to mean in DSTA;

-below average ie C-, D got minimum 5% at least?
-average performer, C got ~7-8% for annual increment?
-good performer B got 9-10%

those high flyer A performer got 11-3% increment???

am I correct??!


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 01:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2