Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   NTU (non-faculty) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/1401-nanyang-technological-university-non-faculty.html)

Unregistered 22-06-2015 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 68809)
And they are only called AD? In the civil service, those earning such salary would be called DD or Director already.

My ex co. M4 call Senior Manager M5 call AVP

CelesTea 11-02-2016 08:04 PM

Hi there, (new to this forum)

Just would like some of you ppl opinions on the below

I grad in NTU double degree in Business and Computing Science ( 3rd class)

I'm currently holding on to a job (which is super lax , draw 2.7k) (only 6mnths in)

Now I been offered a job at NTU at 2.9k..3 yr contract. 3mth probation.

Is the pay low? or actually accurate for my qualifications. (Those MOE surveys always stretch....)

Appreciate any advise on whether I should take up this NTU job...
(Go easy on me, any trolls~ )

Thanks!

Unregistered 11-02-2016 10:08 PM

Hmmm seems abit low considering you're a local grad. albeit the 3rd class honours which imo DOES make a slight impact. regardless i do think you should list out the terms of the contract. what is the increment on a yearly basis likely?

with such a low starting pay, i reckon they shd be at least bumping you up 10% every year.

Good luck! :D

CelesTea 11-02-2016 10:21 PM

Thanks for the quick reply! I appreciate the comments.

Perhaps I should give a bit more detail.

Grad in NTU 2015,
Currently my job (2.7k) - not a job that uses my degree (I took it to not be jobless)

the job offer of NTU at 2.9k (- job states degree req of com science)
-the HR recruiter says the pay is cos they are treating me as a fresh grad ( I ack them as 6mnths in my previous job doesn't count much.)

-other details of this 3 yr contract... got Aws, VB, 21 Annual leave, 2 family leave.
(more details, I've yet to ask her... sorry as I'm not quite good at bargaining...still noob noob)

-Location wise, Both are like 1 MRT from my home,
-Job scope, the latter offers more responsibility.

Actually, I do like the latter job, but just concerned if i'm short-chained in terms of fresh local NTU grad pay.

Thanks!

Unregistered 12-02-2016 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CelesTea (Post 79654)
Thanks for the quick reply! I appreciate the comments.

Perhaps I should give a bit more detail.

Grad in NTU 2015,
Currently my job (2.7k) - not a job that uses my degree (I took it to not be jobless)

the job offer of NTU at 2.9k (- job states degree req of com science)
-the HR recruiter says the pay is cos they are treating me as a fresh grad ( I ack them as 6mnths in my previous job doesn't count much.)

-other details of this 3 yr contract... got Aws, VB, 21 Annual leave, 2 family leave.
(more details, I've yet to ask her... sorry as I'm not quite good at bargaining...still noob noob)

-Location wise, Both are like 1 MRT from my home,
-Job scope, the latter offers more responsibility.

Actually, I do like the latter job, but just concerned if i'm short-chained in terms of fresh local NTU grad pay.

Thanks!

it is about there. ntu do not pay well but got good work-life balance (depending on schs)

so it is your choice ultimately. anyway u got double degree so it does seems low.

Unregistered 20-02-2016 06:05 PM

I plan to apply for senior manager post at nus/ntu. What's the pay range? Will I be able to get 8k?

Unregistered 20-02-2016 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80103)
I plan to apply for senior manager post at nus/ntu. What's the pay range? Will I be able to get 8k?

You think too much

Unregistered 20-02-2016 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80120)
You think too much

So what's the range like? I would like to know before applying so that I know what to expect. Am already getting 7plus so targeting 8k if it's realistic. If not possible, will move on. Thanks for all inputs!

Unregistered 22-02-2016 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80121)
So what's the range like? I would like to know before applying so that I know what to expect. Am already getting 7plus so targeting 8k if it's realistic. If not possible, will move on. Thanks for all inputs!

no

those are deputy director pay

Unregistered 22-02-2016 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80121)

academic wont pay you so hight as their position were all marked up