Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   NTU (non-faculty) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/1401-nanyang-technological-university-non-faculty.html)

Unregistered 09-07-2020 09:24 AM

the higher salary is not worth the crazy distance. unless they give you free hall stay HAHA

Unregistered 09-07-2020 01:17 PM

do they pay AWS for central admin roles?

Unregistered 21-07-2020 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 141360)
I received an offer from NTU. The job grade is E4 and they are offering me $5K (AWS will be given), was told that bonus for average performer is about 1 month plus. I asked about the ceiling but HR declined to reveal but was told that the offered salary is still far from the ceiling. Increment is about 2.5% a year. I am still pondering whether to accept this offer as the overall package is lower than my current one, moreover this is a contract job.

Can I check with you what is your background (Current role, Industry, Years of experience) prior to getting this offer from NTU?

Unregistered 31-07-2020 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 142238)
Can I check with you what is your background (Current role, Industry, Years of experience) prior to getting this offer from NTU?

10 years of working experience, currently working in the healthcare industry.

Unregistered 31-07-2020 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143020)
10 years of working experience, currently working in the healthcare industry.

5k for years of work exp is too low.

Unregistered 01-08-2020 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143021)
5k for years of work exp is too low.

My current salary is $4K plus only.. They are offering about 5% pay increment. Anyway I have decided not to take up the offer as the overall package is lower than my current annual pay.

Unregistered 01-08-2020 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143088)
My current salary is $4K plus only.. They are offering about 5% pay increment. Anyway I have decided not to take up the offer as the overall package is lower than my current annual pay.

Are you degree holder? There are fresh grads alr getting $4k+ starting pay.

Unregistered 01-08-2020 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143094)
Are you degree holder? There are fresh grads alr getting $4k+ starting pay.

Yes, I have a MSc from NUS.. I know I'm underpaid but I'm staying on in my current industry cos it's stable even during economic downturn, benefits are pretty good and there is good work life balance. Yearly pay package can get up til 16 months.

I used to work in academic institutions before and I was way underpaid. No 13mth bonus, performance bonus are less than a month and yearly increment is very little.

Unregistered 16-03-2021 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143096)
Yes, I have a MSc from NUS.. I know I'm underpaid but I'm staying on in my current industry cos it's stable even during economic downturn, benefits are pretty good and there is good work life balance. Yearly pay package can get up til 16 months.

I used to work in academic institutions before and I was way underpaid. No 13mth bonus, performance bonus are less than a month and yearly increment is very little.

so did this fella join NTU? Unfortunate to join :)

Unregistered 17-03-2021 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 143096)

not underpaid but severely underpaid