Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   NCS (SingTel subsidiary) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/1198-national-computer-systems-singtel-subsidiary.html)

Unregistered 19-05-2022 09:28 AM

Me

In this case, not sure if I should have negotiated the pay over the phone with the person who called me ( not the HR) as I have been exchanging email with another person instead..

Unregistered 19-05-2022 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 218232)
I managed to negotiate to 5k

What’s your role and how u nego

Unregistered 19-05-2022 07:11 PM

Anyone know what's the yearly increment like for nucleus program?

Unregistered 19-05-2022 07:17 PM

Did anyone here joined Nucleus Program under Cyber Security? Any feedbacks will be good!

Unregistered 20-05-2022 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 218295)
Did anyone here joined Nucleus Program under Cyber Security? Any feedbacks will be good!

if you are a young and fresh grad, why not just take and gain a few experiences and jump to other companies. and they offer for salary quite high for fresh grad.

Unregistered 20-05-2022 10:44 AM

increment

More curious if there will be a yearly salary increment (Like most jobs) under the nucleus program

Unregistered 20-05-2022 03:50 PM

is it true that NCS take almost everyone in Nucleus program?

Unregistered 20-05-2022 05:22 PM

howdy howdy

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 218395)
is it true that NCS take almost everyone in Nucleus program?

are you taken?

Unregistered 21-05-2022 10:38 AM

NCS(nucleus) SWE - Synpulse SWE

hey all, which company do you think would be better for SWE fresh grads, synpulse or ncs? would appreciate any inputs, thanks!

Unregistered 22-05-2022 02:28 PM

KPMG or NCS for fresh grad who is interested in cyber?

Unregistered 23-05-2022 02:49 PM

Just received a surprise offer from another company with total compensation more than 30% compared to what was offered to me by NCS. Should I accept it or stick to NCS? If not who should I approach to negotiate for salary in NCS?

Unregistered 23-05-2022 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 218787)
Just received a surprise offer from another company with total compensation more than 30% compared to what was offered to me by NCS. Should I accept it or stick to NCS? If not who should I approach to negotiate for salary in NCS?

How much did NCS offer you? What role is it for? Any bonuses/AWS, etc?

Unregistered 23-05-2022 05:25 PM

Would like to ask, which is better, NCS , Accenture, or DXC? In terms of work culture, thanks!

melvados 24-05-2022 12:37 AM

Just curious, anyone quitted nucleus after being in the program for a few weeks or months?

Probably cause they found another job (pay aside, say new job has better culture and less toxic?)

Unregistered 24-05-2022 12:58 AM

Of course there are. Are u a swe?

Unregistered 24-05-2022 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melvados (Post 218858)
Just curious, anyone quitted nucleus after being in the program for a few weeks or months?

Probably cause they found another job (pay aside, say new job has better culture and less toxic?)

Its not uncommon for this to happen.

Unregistered 24-05-2022 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 218494)
hey all, which company do you think would be better for SWE fresh grads, synpulse or ncs? would appreciate any inputs, thanks!

as long as not ncs

Unregistered 24-05-2022 01:19 PM

Is it recommended to join the nucleus program as a SWE? Which is better, SWE or Cyber Consultant?

le_terrific 24-05-2022 02:37 PM

Hi all! I’ve gotten a offer preparation email from NCS HR. It’s been a week since I’ve replied and still no news from HR. Any one in the same shoes? and what happened after that?

Unregistered 25-05-2022 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by le_terrific (Post 218918)
Hi all! I’ve gotten a offer preparation email from NCS HR. It’s been a week since I’ve replied and still no news from HR. Any one in the same shoes? and what happened after that?

Who is your HR?

le_terrific 25-05-2022 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219040)
Who is your HR?

Just curious, does the HR handling my offer matter?

Unregistered 27-05-2022 09:02 AM

Does NCS pay out 13th month (AWS)? Or they payout for certain departments? Anyone can verify?

Unregistered 27-05-2022 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219310)
Does NCS pay out 13th month (AWS)? Or they payout for certain departments? Anyone can verify?

There is no AWS the benefit u will get is flexi (if you are PF will be $520) and SingTel $300 rebate.

Unregistered 28-05-2022 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 218787)

Don’t be silly and negotiate with ncs

Accept the other offer and don’t look back
Ncs pay increment each year only 3%

And salary negotiation won’t end well if ur fresh grad

Are u fresh grad and swe?

Unregistered 28-05-2022 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 218232)
I managed to negotiate to 5k

Are you first class honours? The starting pay for fresh grad should be fixed depending on class

So I’m guessing ur either second upper or first class in com sci

Anyway recession is coming, big tech in USA have freeze hiring and this is an indication of what’s to come in sg

Don’t be too picky and let the numbers go into ur head if ur fresh grad

When it’s time to cut, usually newcomers and contract get the chop

There is no guarantee ncs can’t stop funding ur master program or fire u. It’s not a scholarship

melvados 28-05-2022 11:10 PM

Hi all, stupid qns but I'm gonna ask anyway. I have got 2 qns

1. During my first day (I'm in sw enrg Nucleus), should I wear full formal? Or is that overkill?

I asked as in the contract it did not explicitly state the dress code other than "well groomed and professionally appearance".

2. Will I receive another email from the HR or the company just before I go for my first day? Eg. Change pass at security post etc, or go recep ask for so and so?

Unregistered 28-05-2022 11:53 PM

Offering role but waiting for salary package

NCS HR sent me a “please to offer me the role” email, and it’s been 1.5 weeks since i have submitted my documents and no reply from HR since then. Is there a possibility that they would have put me on “hold” or could they be just processing the approval?

Just wondering if anyone has that email and not get the job or if you got the job, how long did you wait?

Unregistered 29-05-2022 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melvados (Post 219524)
Hi all, stupid qns but I'm gonna ask anyway. I have got 2 qns

1. During my first day (I'm in sw enrg Nucleus), should I wear full formal? Or is that overkill?

I asked as in the contract it did not explicitly state the dress code other than "well groomed and professionally appearance".

2. Will I receive another email from the HR or the company just before I go for my first day? Eg. Change pass at security post etc, or go recep ask for so and so?

when's ur first day? i heard june batch will start next monday

call ur HR but most likely computer nerd look will pull it off

if u wear too formal, ur colleagues might think ur weird...that's not a good start :D

melvados 29-05-2022 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219547)
when's ur first day? i heard june batch will start next monday

call ur HR but most likely computer nerd look will pull it off

if u wear too formal, ur colleagues might think ur weird...that's not a good start :D

Hi yes I will be starting next week. Planning to be smart casual, jeans and polo tee? At least a proper top just that not so sure if that would deem appropriate and hence I ask.

I did email to the HR, the person who send me the contract etc but yet to hear baxk

Unregistered 30-05-2022 01:23 AM

For the singtel rebate staff benefit, how does it work? Is it meant to be used as a lump sum?

So if you sign up for Fibre broadband $40/month, do you pay $40/month and then in July for eg, they send an email for you to claim the rebate?

Does the month that you join matter etc?

Unregistered 30-05-2022 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219646)
For the singtel rebate staff benefit, how does it work? Is it meant to be used as a lump sum?

So if you sign up for Fibre broadband $40/month, do you pay $40/month and then in July for eg, they send an email for you to claim the rebate?

Does the month that you join matter etc?

Not from NCS but i guess it works the same within the group. The cutoff should be january means you already missed the boat. You need to register your bill account the rebate will be reflected as part of the bill to offset.

Unregistered 30-05-2022 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 219703)
Not from NCS but i guess it works the same within the group. The cutoff should be january means you already missed the boat. You need to register your bill account the rebate will be reflected as part of the bill to offset.

All eligible employees must also fulfil the following criteria ("Account Criteria") as of the Cut-off Date every year as well as throughout the remainder of year until 31 January ("Rebate Period") to be entitled to the $300 rebate:
Own at least one Singtel Mobile subscription under your name
Be on GIRO arrangements for all Singtel account(s) under your name*
Be on eBill arrangements for all Singtel account(s) under your name

what is meant by cut-off Date every year as well as throughout the remainder of year until 31 January?

when's the cutoff date?

can I just subscribe their no contract mobile plan in Dec, buy some accessories worth 300$ then cut the mobile line in Feb?

because their plans are expensive so don't plan to stay long

djhaller 05-06-2022 10:27 PM

Sorry if this is a weird question, how "strict" is the ncs program?

Will they give me the weird look/ ask in details if I ask for leave (ie. 0.5-1 day when just starting work to settle some personal matters) or if I got sick etc

I asked as I may have an upcoming personal matter to attend to in which it will happens on my first week of job ..

Unregistered 07-06-2022 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djhaller (Post 220521)
Sorry if this is a weird question, how "strict" is the ncs program?

Will they give me the weird look/ ask in details if I ask for leave (ie. 0.5-1 day when just starting work to settle some personal matters) or if I got sick etc

I asked as I may have an upcoming personal matter to attend to in which it will happens on my first week of job ..

If u read some of the posts, some got kicked off nucleus but remain as software engineer. Not sure how it happens but it's something possible

If u have to go, be honest and bring documentary proof or evidence to back up why it is so urgent

Or u can tell us why u need this leave. We can figure if it's reasonable

Unregistered 07-06-2022 10:32 PM

Hello EC here! Just want to know what is the salary range and job title (Consultant/ Sr Consultant) for approx 10 years experience?
Mgr informed that they will convert me to NCS staff and HR will be in touch soon for the salary negotiation.

melvados 07-06-2022 10:54 PM

While my contract never explicitly mentioned who my manager is, but in my onboarding email, it listed xxx, eg. John Doe as my Direct Manager.

Will John Doe continue to be my direct manager even after I got assign to a project team? Or should the PM of the project be my manager then?

Unregistered 08-06-2022 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melvados (Post 220852)
While my contract never explicitly mentioned who my manager is, but in my onboarding email, it listed xxx, eg. John Doe as my Direct Manager.

Will John Doe continue to be my direct manager even after I got assign to a project team? Or should the PM of the project be my manager then?

john doe will be

Unregistered 08-06-2022 11:40 AM

Hi all juz wanna clarify if there is any pay mix/ readjustment for nucleus program, coz my friend who already started in April said there will be an increment to ard 5200? true or not

Unregistered 08-06-2022 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 220908)
Hi all juz wanna ask if there is any pay mix/ readjustment for nucleus program, coz my friend who already started in April said there will be an increment to ard 5200? true or not

hi hi hi hi hi

Unregistered 09-06-2022 03:17 PM

Anyone tio invited to do the hackerrank?