Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Companies (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/)
-   -   NCS (SingTel subsidiary) (https://forums.salary.sg/companies/1198-national-computer-systems-singtel-subsidiary.html)

moneymind 29-09-2016 05:49 AM

Hi guys,

Do NCS hire people with 1/2 private 1/2 local degree (unisim) ?
Do 1 year contract job have bonus / aws?

I'm thinking of NCS just for putting more things in my resume and i current have a job that gives 1 month aws + 2 months bonus with gross pay around 2.8k (Not yet grad from unisim) so if I want to change job, I have to know that NCS will pay me at least the same if not more than what i'm earning now.

So assuming NCS do not give bonus/aws for 1 year contract position, then I would expect 3.5k-4k gross pay to be on par with my current job.

I mean so many people say NCS is just a bad idea but if i'm a bottom feeder and it pays better than my current job then why not?

Edit: Looking for a programming related job.

Unregistered 29-09-2016 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moneymind (Post 90763)
Hi guys,

Do NCS hire people with 1/2 private 1/2 local degree (unisim) ?
Do 1 year contract job have bonus / aws?

I'm thinking of NCS just for putting more things in my resume and i current have a job that gives 1 month aws + 2 months bonus with gross pay around 2.8k (Not yet grad from unisim) so if I want to change job, I have to know that NCS will pay me at least the same if not more than what i'm earning now.

So assuming NCS do not give bonus/aws for 1 year contract position, then I would expect 3.5k-4k gross pay to be on par with my current job.

I mean so many people say NCS is just a bad idea but if i'm a bottom feeder and it pays better than my current job then why not?

Edit: Looking for a programming related job.

Why not?
Because the working environment is crazy: long hours, unsupportive boss, harsh client, bad colleagues and all of that just for worst pay in the industry. You will regret it the first month you join.

moneymind 30-09-2016 06:38 AM

So jia lat ah...

How does 1 year contract works?

Work 1 year and go or do they offer options to extend for another year and so on ? Got bonus or aws for 1 year contract job? Cause if no bonus/aws, I would expect a salary comparable to my current job that has aws and bonus. Any private degree grad here or fresh grad here?

Is it possible to command 4k gross (assume if no bonus/aws) for someone with diploma working for 4 years + and just grad with a unisim degree?

Unregistered 30-09-2016 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moneymind (Post 90788)
So jia lat ah...

Work 1 year and go or do they offer options to extend for another year and so on ? Got bonus or aws for 1 year contract job? Cause if no bonus/aws, I would expect a salary comparable to my current job that has aws and bonus. Any private degree grad here or fresh grad here?

Is it possible to command 4k gross (assume if no bonus/aws) for someone with diploma working for 4 years + and just grad with a unisim degree?

Contract treatment depends lah, no fix way of doing it. But my advice is do not join a contract job hoping that it will be extend, sometimes can extend but now bad economy chances are very low.

As for 4k for a fresh unisim + work exp, it is possible but very unlikely unless you are doing a higher level work that is directly related to your 4 years exp & what you study in unisim. Otherwise you will be treated like most pte grads exec, about 2.4-3k.

Unregistered 01-10-2016 03:30 PM

Trolling

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 90088)
Usually 6-7k depending on experience.

Desktop engineer is around 1.7k to 1.8k for a start. This guy is bluffing you! Lol

Unregistered 04-10-2016 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moneymind (Post 90788)
So jia lat ah...

Direct Contract with NCS? I doubt so.. You will most likely be a Sub-Con with no bonus. NCS is no longer giving out AWS! If you re-contract for another year, they will most likely give you a recontract bonus. (Depends on your nego skills).

Your 4 years working experience is "tagged" to your diploma, so they will consider that you are fresh out of uni and will most likely give you the Fresh Grad pay. 4K is highly unlikely because they are very cheap skate. Prolly 2.8k to 3k (again depends on how you nego).

Source: I have recently signed a contract staff in Feb and he is a sub-con with no bonus. Initially HR gave him 2.8k but we nego to 3k.

Unregistered 19-10-2016 05:16 PM

Been offered position for Senior Consultant with 4 years work exp. How much should I negotiate? Is 5k on the lower tier for Senior Consultant?

Unregistered 19-10-2016 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 91304)
Been offered position for Senior Consultant with 4 years work exp. How much should I negotiate? Is 5k on the lower tier for Senior Consultant?

How much have they offer you? Senior consultant should be much higher than 5k.

Unregistered 25-10-2016 03:36 PM

computers Sunday

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 91327)
How much have they offer you? Senior consultant should be much higher than 5k.

They offered 5k sharp...

Unregistered 25-10-2016 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 91463)
They offered 5k sharp...

How much estimated bonus and allowance besides the monthly 5k?