Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 14-11-2023 08:15 AM

3 mths into service, was from pte sector previously. So far so good. Took around 25% paycut, hoping to learn some specific stuff during my stint here, get a change of environment before I turn 40. Any advice from the seniors here? For context, I can go back to private sector anytime. Not from computer science/IT though.

Unregistered 14-11-2023 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260336)
I am from one of the biggest SB, over here quite common to see people M or SM at 50 YO.
But with slow annual increment every year, SM typical earn about 180k annually including bonus. which is actually not too bad.

MX11 180k annual hahahahahahahahhaa bro here on what drugs can share bo

Unregistered 15-11-2023 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260369)

SM at LTA probably earn 10k a month. With all bonuses included, 180k does seem doable. They use their own LTE scheme. If u are talking about MX scheme, definitely no chance.

Unregistered 15-11-2023 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260423)
SM at LTA probably earn 10k a month. With all bonuses included, 180k does seem doable. They use their own LTE scheme. If u are talking about MX scheme, definitely no chance.

Yup, if mention biggest SB then is LTA. They dont follow MX scheme but their own engineering scheme which is LTE scheme. A lao jiao SM maybe in late 30s to early 40s probably earn 10k a month.

Unregistered 15-11-2023 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260369)

This already revealed that you are a jobless prick and public service reject..even if you once in public service..you are in the admin function that's why your mindset is 40s earn 5k..eh bro, don't live in a well la go out to see what other agencies offer then come here talk as if you are one of us. Hahahahahah

Unregistered 15-11-2023 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260427)
This already revealed that you are a jobless prick and public service reject..even if you once in public service..you are in the admin function that's why your mindset is 40s earn 5k..eh bro, don't live in a well la go out to see what other agencies offer then come here talk as if you are one of us. Hahahahahah

Don't bother la bro. Obviously he has not been in public service before. He don't even knows what's the ceiling for fresh grad entry level grades, still can say he got grade A for his first appraisal. Don't think he even knows that increment is given every year, that's why he assume someone will be stuck with 5k salary at 40 years old. Arguing with a troll will only make u angry. We are living his dream life, that's why he is so bitter and sad.

Unregistered 15-11-2023 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260438)
Don't bother la bro. Obviously he has not been in public service before. He don't even knows what's the ceiling for fresh grad entry level grades, still can say he got grade A for his first appraisal. Don't think he even knows that increment is given every year, that's why he assume someone will be stuck with 5k salary at 40 years old. Arguing with a troll will only make u angry. We are living his dream life, that's why he is so bitter and sad.

Am I expecting to get a C for my first appraisal? 3 mths in haha.

Unregistered 15-11-2023 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260439)

Likely ungraded = C. PB will be prorated.

Unregistered 15-11-2023 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260439)

U are probably not even required to do appraisal. Next year's appraisal will be your time to shine when you need to do a full appraisal.

I got ungraded when I joined my SB in July 2021. First full appraisal for FY2022 got B. Expecting to get B again for this FY together with promotion.

Unregistered 15-11-2023 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260446)
U are probably not even required to do appraisal. Next year's appraisal will be your time to shine when you need to do a full appraisal.

I got ungraded when I joined my SB in July 2021. First full appraisal for FY2022 got B. Expecting to get B again for this FY together with promotion.

Hope you get ur promo bro.

Unregistered 15-11-2023 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260446)

Typical civil servant puppy. 💀

Unregistered 15-11-2023 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260451)
Typical civil servant puppy. 💀

Don't be jealous of people's job. Go find one for yourself.

Unregistered 15-11-2023 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260453)
Don't be jealous of people's job. Go find one for yourself.

Typical servant puppy response 💀

Whole day eat snake in office and think they deserve high salary

Unregistered 15-11-2023 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260454)
Typical servant puppy response 💀

Whole day eat snake in office and think they deserve high salary

Says the person that has no office to go to. Lol.

Unregistered 15-11-2023 10:57 PM

Bro typing “Lol” but dying inside to know he’s stuck in his dead end 5k job at 40s 💀

Unregistered 15-11-2023 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260493)
Bro typing “Lol” but dying inside to know he’s stuck in his dead end 5k job at 40s 💀

Lol sure bro. Do try your best to convince yourself that we earn 5k at 40s to make you feel better about your sad life.

Unregistered 15-11-2023 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260495)
Lol sure bro. Do try your best to convince yourself that we earn 5k at 40s to make you feel better about your sad life.

That’s what you jlb dogs are worth bro. Market rate 💀

Unregistered 15-11-2023 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260499)

Sure bro. U sure are knowledgeable about the market rate. What an expert. Lol.

Unregistered 15-11-2023 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260500)
Sure bro. U sure are knowledgeable about the market rate. What an expert. Lol.

Wow it went over your head 😂

Can’t expect much critical thinking from a job servant dog 💀

Unregistered 16-11-2023 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260501)
Wow it went over your head 😂

Can’t expect much critical thinking from a job servant dog 💀

Sure bro. I'm so envious of your capable brain power that can do such amazing critical thinking. Consider me impressed.

Unregistered 16-11-2023 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260504)
Sure bro. I'm so envious of your capable brain power that can do such amazing critical thinking. Consider me impressed.

Finally you jlb servants know your place in the world.

Can’t believe it took that long. Well then again you servants are known for being slow and inefficient. So I guess that’s ok 💀

Unregistered 16-11-2023 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260506)
Finally you jlb servants know your place in the world.

Can’t believe it took that long. Well then again you servants are known for being slow and inefficient. So I guess that’s ok 💀

Lol. Sure bro. Thanks for being so tolerant of us. What a big heart u have. I teared a little from being touched by your wonderful gesture.

Unregistered 16-11-2023 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260423)

i am the original poster.
Yes, i am referring to LTA. SM in LTA is in between mx11A and MX10.
If you are in Tech / Engineer Scheme, easily 180k if you have been in SM role for more than 5years
This is not even the ceiling for the job grade

Unregistered 16-11-2023 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260499)

I don't think any of my colleagues in the 40s make 5k though, most of the are MX11A and up, so should be above 8k, which is above 120k PA?

Unregistered 16-11-2023 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260562)
I don't think any of my colleagues in the 40s make 5k though, most of the are MX11A and up, so should be above 8k, which is above 120k PA?

8k at 40 is pretty low. Hope to reach 20k at 40, on track now earning 16k at 35

Unregistered 16-11-2023 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260582)
8k at 40 is pretty low. Hope to reach 20k at 40, on track now earning 16k at 35

sounds good. hope that u hit 20k at 40.

Unregistered 16-11-2023 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260583)

finally a civil servant who knows his place.

time for the rest to wake up and acknowledge your standing in society.

learn to be like me, use my declared salary as a benchmark for success.

with such success, i can now boast on forums like this

Unregistered 17-11-2023 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260583)

Jealous serpent jlb puppy spotted 💀

Unregistered 17-11-2023 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260587)
finally a civil servant who knows his place.

time for the rest to wake up and acknowledge your standing in society.

learn to be like me, use my declared salary as a benchmark for success.

with such success, i can now boast on forums like this

Lol. Sure. First u say u got A for your first appraisal at govt sector, now u say u are in private. Make up ur mind la. Want to lie also got to stick to it all the way right? So many lobangs in your story, u can't even convince my 5 years old daughter.

Unregistered 17-11-2023 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260621)
Lol. Sure. First u say u got A for your first appraisal at govt sector, now u say u are in private. Make up ur mind la. Want to lie also got to stick to it all the way right? So many lobangs in your story, u can't even convince my 5 years old daughter.

Bro has such a low IQ that he doesn’t know sarcasm. That poster isn’t me bro 💀

Typical 10 year series civil serpent 😂

Unregistered 17-11-2023 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260621)

ignore the troll. even when caught lying red-handed, he shamelessly tried to spin another story. attention-seeking behaviour which is a reflection of deep-rooted issues within him.

Unregistered 17-11-2023 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260641)
ignore the troll. even when caught lying red-handed, he shamelessly tried to spin another story. attention-seeking behaviour which is a reflection of deep-rooted issues within him.

typical farmer reaction. thats why you wont survive in the private sector.
naively believing without discerning. you probably think that kindness and good heart can bring food to the table. well, you better wake up. if you dont play dirty, you wont go far. i dont need to be the smartest, but i’m willing to do what others wont.

Unregistered 17-11-2023 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260649)
naively believing without discerning. you probably think that kindness and good heart can bring food to the table. well, you better wake up. if you dont play dirty, you wont go far. i dont need to be the smartest, but i’m willing to do what others wont.

How much for your wife/gf :)? Some bros here might consider spending their yeb on this hehe

Unregistered 17-11-2023 07:57 PM

Quote:

This always happen during school holidays….😂

Unregistered 17-11-2023 10:33 PM

Quote:

U are definitely not the smartest, that's for sure. Hahahaha

Unregistered 18-11-2023 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260659)
How much for your wife/gf :)? Some bros here might consider spending their yeb on this hehe

Typical low SES civil serpent response. Lose already go for the wife/gf cringe comebacks 💀

2 months bonus also want to haolian? 😂😂😂

An epic joke

Unregistered 18-11-2023 08:53 AM

Will there be a difference in pay if I change job via movement policy versus quit and join?

Unregistered 18-11-2023 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260701)
Will there be a difference in pay if I change job via movement policy versus quit and join?

Yes there could be a difference. Heard of 10% difference in monthly compensation between the 2.

Unregistered 18-11-2023 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 260685)
Typical low SES civil serpent response. Lose already go for the wife/gf cringe comebacks 💀

2 months bonus also want to haolian? 😂😂😂

An epic joke

Totally agree. Why go for wife/gf when we know u confirm don't have any. Confirm PPFA.

Unregistered 18-11-2023 09:59 AM

civil service question

hi guys, i am under the MX scheme and have a question about entitlements here.

My off day is on a weekday because i am working on saturdays for full day.
I have a department retreat on my weekday off day and i am not compensated OIL.
If i am sick for my department retreat, do i need to take MC and apply sick leave in the HRP employee system?

Cause my Director, Deputy Director and Assistant Director all told me to take medical leave for my off day and i just want to check my rights.