Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 16-08-2012 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 27584)
assuming your 1 yr of exp in private sector is relevant to the ministry, your civil service pay will be 3.6k + 1 year of increment(5% = 180) = 3780 approx @ 15mth annual package

3780 x 15(could be more if perform well) = 56700

actually i duno how true is tis calculation. i got pass degree with ns which i saw in earlier post the starting pay is $3,088. i got 4 yrs of irrelevant experience, which i assume they will half it. so 2 yrs increment.

the ministry i joined offer me $3.3k. so y my 2 yrs increment oni $212, which works out to around 3.4% per yr?

lmaohaha 17-08-2012 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 27584)
assuming your 1 yr of exp in private sector is relevant to the ministry, your civil service pay will be 3.6k + 1 year of increment(5% = 180) = 3780 approx @ 15mth annual package

3780 x 15(could be more if perform well) = 56700

gd to know this...at least they wouldnt undercut me by basing it off my previous low salary:)

lmaohaha 18-08-2012 01:10 PM

like to ask if one rejects an offer (not agreeing then backing off type), will one be blacklisted by the company as a result? for instance, if one wants to apply for the same company 1 or 2 yrs later, will he/she be denied a chance for an interview because the rejection of offer has been logged into the company's database?

Unregistered 20-08-2012 09:17 PM

any know is there any salary revision for polytechnics this year?

Unregistered 22-08-2012 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 27570)
in that case, do you mean your statboard annual package is better than that of ministry annual package?

No, its the other way.

Unregistered 23-08-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 5961)
the second time I joined the stat board, I was close to 30. Obviously I got a bad deal taking 4.2k/mth at that age. However, my pte sector experience did help and I was promoted up one grade every year. Yes, it was quite rare, I was the top performer every year outdoing the scholars. I eventually left because of the glass ceiling for non-scholars.

seriously ur claim of promoting once a year is really unbelievable, esp ur in a stats board and a non-scholar

Unregistered 23-08-2012 11:55 AM

are all MX officers paid the same in different ministries? As long as they have the same class of honours?

Calfless 23-08-2012 04:56 PM

Hi,

I recently wanted to apply for a job to one of the stat board for manager position in the supply chain & logistics.

I have 12+ working experiences (local & Overseas) and a distance learning degree & diploma (from Australia), however I flung my O' levels when i was young (that is why distance learning is like a second chance for me).

So my question I like to ask is, even i have 12+ experiences with commercial degree (from Australia), will they even consider me even if I flung my O' Levels?
And i have no intention of retaking my O' Levels.

Thanks for the advice.

Unregistered 23-08-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calfless (Post 27713)
Hi,

I recently wanted to apply for a job to one of the stat board for manager position in the supply chain & logistics.

I have 12+ working experiences (local & Overseas) and a distance learning degree & diploma (from Australia), however I flung my O' levels when i was young (that is why distance learning is like a second chance for me).

So my question I like to ask is, even i have 12+ experiences with commercial degree (from Australia), will they even consider me even if I flung my O' Levels?
And i have no intention of retaking my O' Levels.

Thanks for the advice.

Distance learning means those online or mail correspondence degree?

If yes, then government do not recognize. You will be considered as PSLE or N Level, something like Div 3 blue collar.

Calfless 23-08-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 27714)
Distance learning means those online or mail correspondence degree?

If yes, then government do not recognize. You will be considered as PSLE or N Level, something like Div 3 blue collar.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

For Div3 Blue collar, what is their pay scales like?

Looking forward to your advice.