Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 28-02-2023 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 241343)
It is actually at the higher end, about 400 dollars away from the ceiling.
After MX12b, it will be MX11?

Wow that's not bad imo. Yes iirc. Then 11A. Guess u will probably move up to the next grade within 2-3 years since you're already hitting ceiling upon joining

Unregistered 28-02-2023 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 241051)
Offered 1 year contract instead.. probation = contract.

Last last time my one was one year. After one year automatically recieved the letter convert to perm. I still blur blur go ask my manager why I got it. My manager laughed and say cuz I have good attitude, willing to learn and hardworking lo. So embarrassed. Lols.

Unregistered 28-02-2023 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 241107)
Yes, but planning to quit after receiving bonus. Toxic in the sense that people there are acquittance, and not your friends. Stagnant career as well, and long working hours too.

Nothing wrong. You are there to work and they are colleagues. For me I have sinus and inside office my nose really xinku. I need to breathe harder but I think my colleagues don't really like it.

Unregistered 01-03-2023 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 241345)
Wow that's not bad imo. Yes iirc. Then 11A. Guess u will probably move up to the next grade within 2-3 years since you're already hitting ceiling upon joining

I see, thanks for the clarification.
However, actually the problem is that the offered total compensation salary is approx 10% below my current.
Any thoughts?

Unregistered 01-03-2023 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 241352)
I see, thanks for the clarification.
However, actually the problem is that the offered total compensation salary is approx 10% below my current.
Any thoughts?

Sounds like you are joining in from private sector. Ultimately the decision is yours depending on what you hope to achieve bah. have to think thru yourself already. Why do you want to join public service? I join because I find it's meaningful work.

If it's solely money that you are after. Think continue staying in private will be better for you?

Unregistered 01-03-2023 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 241400)
Sounds like you are joining in from private sector. Ultimately the decision is yours depending on what you hope to achieve bah. have to think thru yourself already. Why do you want to join public service? I join because I find it's meaningful work.

If it's solely money that you are after. Think continue staying in private will be better for you?

Yes private sector. I would find the work to be meaningful, but I still have to earn the money to move forward with living costs and stuff.
Good point and thanks for the advice!

Do you know if generally the offer from CS would be negotiable though?

Unregistered 01-03-2023 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 241404)
Yes private sector. I would find the work to be meaningful, but I still have to earn the money to move forward with living costs and stuff.

Did attempt negotiation before but was told that it's the highest they could offer. It's basically they have all the cards, you either take it or leave it.

Unregistered 01-03-2023 09:48 PM

Quote:

Offers from CS are very rarely negotiable. There is a fixed scale they will place you on based on your relevant experience. Then a package will be determined and offered to you.

I guess things that are more "flexible" are...for example, the progression that the boss will promise you? But whether they really keep their word for that...that's another story haha

Unregistered 02-03-2023 11:42 AM

If you are at MX11A ceiling, I suggest you apply for MX10 roles. Don’t shortchange yourself. There are fewer openings and competition will of course be stiffer. But you should be able to get it if you are a good fit

Unregistered 03-03-2023 08:14 AM

Quote:

You can negotiate the range you are willing to accept before HR put it up. After HR got senior management approval for your package, very hard to convince the HR to go back to management for you. And if you managed to convince them to do that, weather management will even agree

So it depends whether the offer to you know is the verbal offer before they formally put up for approval