Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Unregistered 02-03-2022 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 205829)
You are being low-balled.
Entry level fresh grad enginner in Ministry (2nd Upper) already make $4K
Expected" 3-4month bonus (including AWS)

What is your last draw pay?

should ask what is the 3 year exp. might not have been relevant exp.

Unregistered 02-03-2022 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 205790)
what should the expected pay be for someone like OP, local u and 3 years experience?

Grad in 2021 and my starting pay 4.9k. Know many ppl getting more than this too. Dont believe those kind of ******** that civil service got high bonus. 3 to 4 mths bonus is nth considering the low starting salary for non-scholars. In private sector 6 mths and above is common in a revenue generating role including higher base. Better annual increment also most of the time. Even those lower paying jobs with similar starting salary as public roles can increase and scale faster. At the end of the day you get paid what you are worth. Unless you grad from some useless major and cant find any job better avoid public service jobs if money is a concern

Unregistered 02-03-2022 08:14 PM

FYI scholars starting pay also the same

Unregistered 02-03-2022 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 205829)
You are being low-balled.
Entry level fresh grad enginner in Ministry (2nd Upper) already make $4K
Expected" 3-4month bonus (including AWS)

What is your last draw pay?

OP here, current drawn salary is $41xx (MX12 scheme, non-engineering related position). Am aware that current pay is v low, which is why I applied to other jobs. All 3 years work experience will be relevant to new position as LTA engineer. LTA confirmed the hiring but preparing paperwork for offer, trying to figure out roughly how much they will offer :(

Unregistered 02-03-2022 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 205861)
OP here, current drawn salary is $41xx (MX12 scheme, non-engineering related position). Am aware that current pay is v low, which is why I applied to other jobs. All 3 years work experience will be relevant to new position as LTA engineer. LTA confirmed the hiring but preparing paperwork for offer, trying to figure out roughly how much they will offer :(

govt to govt, there is a unwritten rule, not to offer more than the difference in loss bonus.

Unregistered 02-03-2022 09:42 PM

33 years old this year with 9 years+ working experience
got offered 10.5k at Ministry, average bonus is 3.5 to 4.5 months as shared by HR.

Is this a decent offer? Business domain with relevant degree and masters.
Currently at a MNC, the increment is not alot to shout about as compared to my MNC, just that my MNC might be restructuring thus I am looking for other opportunity.

Unregistered 02-03-2022 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 205867)
govt to govt, there is a unwritten rule, not to offer more than the difference in loss bonus.

Means what? Loss bonus /12?

Unregistered 03-03-2022 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 205887)
33 years old this year with 9 years+ working experience
got offered 10.5k at Ministry, average bonus is 3.5 to 4.5 months as shared by HR.

Is this a decent offer? Business domain with relevant degree and masters.
Currently at a MNC, the increment is not alot to shout about as compared to my MNC, just that my MNC might be restructuring thus I am looking for other opportunity.

Yup looks decent to me!

Unregistered 03-03-2022 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 205796)
It is high for non-scholar. I am foreign uni degree with 2years plus private sector experience before joining a SB at age 28. My pay was $3.6k mx 13. Following year it was upgraded to $3.9k. Not even $4k.

Not true. It is considered low for local uni. I joined under MX scheme at 3.9k and hit 4.2k one year later. NUS, male, FCH.

Unregistered 03-03-2022 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 205965)
Not true. It is considered low for local uni. I joined under MX scheme at 3.9k and hit 4.2k one year later. NUS, male, FCH.

3.9k not much better. how many mths bonus?