Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Compare civil service salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/885-compare-civil-service-salary.html)

Bean 23-10-2011 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 17468)
just passed my 1 year mark in a ministry

starting pay was 3514.13

current pay is 3864.13

2nd upper NUS with NS

I hear that fresh grads at my ministry get around 3.7k. Is this the case at other ministries?

Wah, you gotten $350 increment (inclusive of annual increment + promotion MX13 to MX12)

by the way , what is your performance grading?

Mitchell 28-10-2011 10:28 PM

Hi, may i know what range should i say when i'm applying for a policy job in MCYS?

i have 2nd upper honours from NUS.

Unregistered 29-10-2011 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitchell (Post 17644)
Hi, may i know what range should i say when i'm applying for a policy job in MCYS?

i have 2nd upper honours from NUS.

put negotiable. post the offered amt if u get selected.

Unregistered 31-10-2011 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 17472)
hi all,

Are AGO (auditor general office) and AGD (Account general department) considered stat board? if yes, anyone knows the salary scheme for the these 2 departments?
I am considering either of these 2 as a career option.

Anyone can help?.....many thanks

Unregistered 04-11-2011 12:32 PM

Joining a stat board..

hey guys, I used to work in finance industry and drawing annual salary of close to $100k. Now I'm offered a position in stat board, but its in the HR department which I've got no relevant experience in, what kinda pay should I bargain for? All positions in the stat board are on one year contract basis now, which means to say, there will be no pb etc, only AWS at the end of the year. Thanks a million!

miwashi 04-11-2011 03:10 PM

are you sure there is no pb?
even when i was on contract i had a pb

Unregistered 04-11-2011 11:35 PM

thanks for your reply! I think there is PB but will not be within the first year of employment with them I guess. Not so sure on the mid year and end year bonus too. Hopefully there is!

Happyme 04-11-2011 11:49 PM

Hi all,

Started out with a salary of $1845 in a ministry since 2003 after getting my poly diploma. Now after 8 years, pay is around $2900. Just graduate from Unisim with a degree in business(no honors as they dun offer honors for my course). My poly result is above average and Unisim awarded me a bond free scholar ship. On top of that, I received a top student award from Unisim because of my result. Seriously thinking of a career switch. Any advice, pal? Applied for other ministry but is always rejection after another. Haiz...

Unregistered 05-11-2011 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happyme (Post 17778)
Hi all,

Started out with a salary of $1845 in a ministry since 2003 after getting my poly diploma. Now after 8 years, pay is around $2900. Just graduate from Unisim with a degree in business(no honors as they dun offer honors for my course). My poly result is above average and Unisim awarded me a bond free scholar ship. On top of that, I received a top student award from Unisim because of my result. Seriously thinking of a career switch. Any advice, pal? Applied for other ministry but is always rejection after another. Haiz...

a career switch will give you an even lower pay.

Happyme 05-11-2011 06:26 PM

Ideally I wish to join a stats board or another ministry with my degree since my organization does not appreciate my upgrade in academic qualification. However it seems like part time degree is nothing compare to local uni grads despite my result is relatively higher than average.