Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Top paying companies in SG for CompSci (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/8617-top-paying-companies-sg-compsci.html)

Unregistered 31-12-2017 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 103436)
I disagree with your mindset that grade matters much for CS jobs. I’ve seen so many honors degree holders can’t find a good job or can’t even pass first technical round. You should always remember software engineering is a hands on and fast paced job. My GPA is 2.78 and still can get into a 5.5k/month engineer job which has 5 rounds of technical interviews. Practice more, try to see, think, folk and contribute to GitHub and you can make it.

Sometimes, I wondering if I am overpaid. My salary is around 5k per month with 2 + years exp. They adjusted my pay to the complexity of my role in a startup env.(Multi-roles)

I enjoyed my software development role though...my gpa also not that fantastic....only 2.9

i_stinks 22-01-2018 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 103504)
Sometimes, I wondering if I am overpaid. My salary is around 5k per month with 2 + years exp. They adjusted my pay to the complexity of my role in a startup env.(Multi-roles)

I enjoyed my software development role though...my gpa also not that fantastic....only 2.9

What company you from?

chloise 09-02-2018 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i_stinks (Post 103999)
What company you from?

I'm curious too

Unregistered 06-03-2018 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 101133)
3.5k for internship is great yes (Autodesk is around 2.5k since 2016/2017) but for full time is average.

Tech stack dated. Hmm it appears so hard to find a company where the tech stack is not dated.

Quite sure Autodesk does not pay that high for internship, at least for nus and ntu students, not sure about digipen. Was an intern there in 2016, was paid 1.3k per month and its the same for the batch before me.

Unregistered 06-03-2018 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 103436)
I disagree with your mindset that grade matters much for CS jobs. I’ve seen so many honors degree holders can’t find a good job or can’t even pass first technical round. You should always remember software engineering is a hands on and fast paced job. My GPA is 2.78 and still can get into a 5.5k/month engineer job which has 5 rounds of technical interviews. Practice more, try to see, think, folk and contribute to GitHub and you can make it.

You get into CS with 2.78 GPA and paid 5.5k as a fresh graduate? That is amazing but seriously you might be just the <1% lucky ones without honors and still get 1st class honors pay. It is true that those without honors are not able to compete with those of better grades because CS and even private companies normally will not shortlist us for interviews.

FSD 09-03-2018 02:41 AM

Hi, been working for 2.5 years, am skilled in Java, Web and Android. Able to do databases, webservices, batch jobs, back-end, front-end. Is it realistic for me to ask for a 5k salary for a new job?

Thanks

synchron 09-03-2018 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FSD (Post 105486)
Hi, been working for 2.5 years, am skilled in Java, Web and Android. Able to do databases, webservices, batch jobs, back-end, front-end. Is it realistic for me to ask for a 5k salary for a new job?

Thanks

Many of my fresh grad peers are already receiving offers of 5k+, even 6k+
So yes, definitely. Probably even more. #knowyourworth

FSD 13-03-2018 01:23 AM

Quote:

Many of my fresh grad peers are already receiving offers of 5k+, even 6k+
So yes, definitely. Probably even more. #knowyourworth
Can you name the general companies or industries where they received 5k+ offers?

I keep looking on the typical job portals like Jobstreet, JobsDB, Indeed, but I generally don't see 5k offers for people with less than 5 years experience.

Most of the jobs that I can find for my scope and experience usually only pay around 3k - 4k.

Unregistered 13-03-2018 05:43 AM

grab,uber,rakuten,line and some startup pay 5-6k for fresh grads, their technical tests are pretty straightforward if you know your stuffs

Unregistered 14-03-2018 12:33 AM

The MNCs usually pay pretty well. I'm getting 10K/month as a solutions architect with total 6 years experience.