Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Top paying companies in SG for CompSci (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/8617-top-paying-companies-sg-compsci.html)

Unregistered 27-02-2017 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 95042)
Sorry to hijack thread, I am also a Comp Science grad with close to 1 year exp. currently in a startup.

I was approached by a headhunter and went for an interview with Lazada for a developer role for data systems. After the main interview, I told the HR that my expected salary is 6k (15% above what I am getting now), but the girl tell me this is above market.

She told me base on their market research, they cannot match my expected salary and ask me if basic salary ard 5.5k but higher bonus (she claim is 4-5mths, better than the 2 mths i'm getting now) whether I am willing to continue for further interviews.

Right now I just say willing to proceed, but want to check with other experience people in the industry how is the market rate like for 1-2 years relevant exp.

Wow... U got 5k+ with only about 1 year exp in a startup. Where did u find such a good deal

Unregistered 28-02-2017 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 95045)
Wow... U got 5k+ with only about 1 year exp in a startup. Where did u find such a good deal

I started off at 5k, which from what I understand is slightly higher due to it being a startup quite messy. Some of my friends in bigger companies get offered at 4.5k+ although their bonus and benefit sounds much better.

Unregistered 28-02-2017 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 95042)
Sorry to hijack thread, I am also a Comp Science grad with close to 1 year exp. currently in a startup.

I was approached by a headhunter and went for an interview with Lazada for a developer role for data systems. After the main interview, I told the HR that my expected salary is 6k (15% above what I am getting now), but the girl tell me this is above market.

She told me base on their market research, they cannot match my expected salary and ask me if basic salary ard 5.5k but higher bonus (she claim is 4-5mths, better than the 2 mths i'm getting now) whether I am willing to continue for further interviews.

Right now I just say willing to proceed, but want to check with other experience people in the industry how is the market rate like for 1-2 years relevant exp.

For a junior engineer with no differentiating skill set, 6K is a bit of a reach. Assuming an optimistic 5 months bonus with 5.5K basic, your annual comp will be 93.5K which is 20K more than your current one. Sounds like a good deal to me.

There are also factors to consider such as work-life balance, team dynamics and how interesting your work is going to be.

i_stinks 24-09-2017 09:05 PM

How good is Skyscanner may I ask?

Unregistered 30-09-2017 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 94900)
Different poster here.

I think the OP was just being curious, cut him some slack.

Anyhow, from what I know, Apple and Google aren't as remotely as prestigious as their US counterparts. I don't know about engineering per se but I know they pay your standard run of the mill pay in Singapore ~$3k.

Highly misguided. Fresh grad in com science commands around 6k

i_stinks 30-09-2017 02:10 AM

Not sure about Google full time Singapore but Google internship in Singapore is very easy to get in. But many people do not know and never apply.

Unregistered 21-10-2017 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i_stinks (Post 100391)
How good is Skyscanner may I ask?

Pretty good in terms of remuneration. Last time they were paying engineering interns the same salary as their full-time employees (3.5K+). The tech stack may be dated though.

Unregistered 21-10-2017 01:27 PM

3.5k for internship is great yes (Autodesk is around 2.5k since 2016/2017) but for full time is average.

Tech stack dated. Hmm it appears so hard to find a company where the tech stack is not dated.

Unregistered 03-11-2017 11:27 PM

Anyone got info on Agoda?

Unregistered 03-11-2017 11:43 PM

I have heard of fresh graduates getting >5k but are these the top students? You must be very good at programming to be paid that high.