Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Salary range for project manager (Oil & gas) (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/861-salary-range-project-manager-oil-gas.html)

Unregistered 03-02-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 20357)
usually starting salary of engineer in oil and gas industry is about how much uh?

About 4.5-5k for the megan MNCs and slightly lower for others.

Unregistered 23-02-2012 01:30 PM

may i know how much the salary range for a Project Manager in O&G who has a total of project management skill of 10 years in which 4 years being spend in oil and gas handling a project worth between USD50-100mill. Thanks guys!

Unregistered 23-02-2012 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 21233)
may i know how much the salary range for a Project Manager in O&G who has a total of project management skill of 10 years in which 4 years being spend in oil and gas handling a project worth between USD50-100mill. Thanks guys!

i dont believe you are handling a project worth between USD50-100mill.
most probably you will be part of the project, so you can't say you are the PM for it.

to be the PM for such a huge project are usually given to expats.

i am a PM from a EPC company

Unregistered 08-03-2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 20357)
usually starting salary of engineer in oil and gas industry is about how much uh?

$3800/- for ExxonMobil if you manage to get in. Fresh Chemical Engineering graduate. There is another thread that shows the pay. Go look it up.

Unregistered 08-03-2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 20235)
Too high. I would say 2.7k is reasonable. They need to pay 2.8k min for a Burmese engineer, so 2.7k just undercuts that amount. Remember: cheaper, better, faster.

Recent 2012 January MOM rules, minimum wage for any FOREIGN degree holder is $3000/-. All pay minimum is $3000/-

Unregistered 12-03-2012 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 22031)
$3800/- for ExxonMobil if you manage to get in. Fresh Chemical Engineering graduate. There is another thread that shows the pay. Go look it up.

what about electrical/mechanical engineers in other oil n gas companies like halliburton, kellogg brown or even siemens?

Unregistered 16-03-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 21247)
i dont believe you are handling a project worth between USD50-100mill.
most probably you will be part of the project, so you can't say you are the PM for it.

to be the PM for such a huge project are usually given to expats.

i am a PM from a EPC company

PM VS consultant... the later is better, pay highier. USD1k/day at least. if you know the way, could be tax free. when ever your earning above 300PA, you are not competing much, but how to find ways go about tax.

Unregistered 03-05-2012 08:10 PM

can i ask something off topic? i cant post new thread as im not a registered user..

im a diploma graduate from marine engineering..

just finished NS.. Joined SMOE as project coordinator..

can anyone pls advice me on my route/prospect?

my aim is to become project manager at least..

Unregistered 04-05-2012 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 24464)
can i ask something off topic? i cant post new thread as im not a registered user..

im a diploma graduate from marine engineering..

just finished NS.. Joined SMOE as project coordinator..

can anyone pls advice me on my route/prospect?

my aim is to become project manager at least..

What is your job grade currently?

Can tell roughly how many levels you need to climb from there & work out no. of years.

Unregistered 04-05-2012 03:57 PM

It is quite a okay start for your entry to oil and gas field. Try to get big project exposure say production platforms, FPSO and so .. Put the big names on your CV ..

For your jd, do you make any decisions pertaining to projects and handle the clients directly or you do mainly coordination stuff ? Otherwise, you should ask for a project engineer role. There is a difference between project engineer and project coordinator. Otherwise, you gotta get a degree.

You can work 2 to 3 years and jump around as a project engineer or coordinator while gaining different project exposure. With enough experience and responsibilities on your CV, move on the senior pe and finally pm. It will take a really long time for one to be the overall pm for a project. 10 to 15 years minimum.