Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   How much are you earning per annum? (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/831-how-much-you-earning-per-annum.html)

Unregistered 23-04-2021 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Journete (Post 166281)
Wow! What are you working as?

Software engineer at FAANG

But these jobs are the outliers. Avg C/S grad probably take in 4-6k/month.

I know some of my friends even higher pay than me + sign on bonus + vested stocks + AWS, can go past 100k as a fresh grad

Unregistered 23-04-2021 06:26 PM

Banking degree at SIM UOL.

Currently working as Grab driver for $5 per hour. Am trying to break into the banking industry (have a conditional offer for PA to a graduate associate at a local bank).

Unregistered 23-04-2021 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166335)
Software engineer at FAANG

But these jobs are the outliers. Avg C/S grad probably take in 4-6k/month.

I know some of my friends even higher pay than me + sign on bonus + vested stocks + AWS, can go past 100k as a fresh grad

Is 8k your base or including RSUs? Was under the impression that faang would pay higher than that actually.

Unregistered 23-04-2021 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166346)
Is 8k your base or including RSUs? Was under the impression that faang would pay higher than that actually.

8k is base. I was not offered RSU right off the bat. Will probably have to 'prove' myself in the first performance appraisal within a year to be able to negotiate for RSU. Or wait till promotion

I do get additional AWS of 1 month for every 12months of staying in coy. Bonus is 20% of yearly salary and but can be lower or higher from appraisal

Unregistered 23-04-2021 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166354)
8k is base. I was not offered RSU right off the bat. Will probably have to 'prove' myself in the first performance appraisal within a year to be able to negotiate for RSU. Or wait till promotion

I do get additional AWS of 1 month for every 12months of staying in coy. Bonus is 20% of yearly salary and but can be lower or higher from appraisal

Interesting...never knew faang extended offers without RSU. Did you try to negotiate?

Unregistered 24-04-2021 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166256)
I am in my fifties. I am motivated to retire before I reach 65 yo. How much savings do we need to retire before 65? Any advice? Thanks

We all have CPF Life to take care of our old age so no need to worry. We will get at least $2000 pm if you choose the ERS. What you need to have is cash savings to sustain you and your spouse from now until you both reach 65.

If you need $3k pm or $36k pa, then a $400k cash savings would suffice. This assumes you have no debt and your home is paid up.

Unregistered 24-04-2021 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166354)

Sounds like Google

Unregistered 24-04-2021 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 166402)
Sounds like Google

No, google gives RSU for sure. Sounds like bytedance to me not FANG.

Unregistered 24-04-2021 06:34 PM

Job: Software Engineer, 6 YOE for both my wife and I
Total compensation: 600k/year (salary + bonus + stock vesting)

We just hit our 30s, no kids. Total assets and cash just surpassed 1mil. Although we bought a couple of condos and a car in SG, we are planning to emigrate once the pandemic is over. Although we can afford it, Singapore is too expensive for the lifestyle we desire. We'll save up a couple more million dollars and will probably move to Japan before reaching our mid 30s.

Unregistered 24-04-2021 08:02 PM

Getting over a little over 450k per annum basic. 3 months bonus and AWS, no stock options. 35yr old, married with two kids. In high tech high volume manufacturing sector.