Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Lawyer Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/771-lawyer-salary.html)

Unregistered 25-07-2016 09:39 PM

Thank you for such a sophisticated insight...

Unregistered 29-07-2016 07:22 PM

If you already have a big four training contract and an international law firm (top 2 JLVs) in Singapore offers you a TC, what would you do?

Unregistered 29-07-2016 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 88941)
If you already have a big four training contract and an international law firm (top 2 JLVs) in Singapore offers you a TC, what would you do?

I have a friend who was in that situation last year and decided to stay with the big four because he was afraid of burning bridges. I'll advise you to do the same.

Unregistered 30-07-2016 12:07 AM

What about the JLV offer?

Unregistered 30-07-2016 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 88948)
What about the JLV offer?

Huh? Reject of course if you choose to stay in the big 4. It's easier to reject, you can always say that you don't want to break your contract with the big 4, justifiable reason.

Unregistered 30-07-2016 05:13 PM

It's your choice. It doesn't matter. Turnover everywhere is high.

Unregistered 31-07-2016 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 88941)

LOL. what kind of dumb question is this.

if by top 2 JLV you mean Bakers or CC, definitely take it. Anything else, big 4.

If you have an offer from OCBC and JP Morgan offers you a job, would you not take it?

Unregistered 31-07-2016 08:00 AM

It's not a dumb question because he already signed with big 4.

That means he would be burning bridges to accept another offer and go back on his word.

Unregistered 31-07-2016 10:03 PM

You must have achieved very good results to receive so many offers from the top firms. Congratulations.

Unregistered 31-07-2016 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 88976)
It's not a dumb question because he already signed with big 4.

That means he would be burning bridges to accept another offer and go back on his word.

I'm #976.

LOL @ burning bridges...you guys overthink things too much...

He's just one of 20 or 30 incoming trainees that they hired for the year. Expect a couple of potential tainees to do a switcheroo around different firms in the intervening years between landing the TC and actuallly starting training.

Unless he's an equity partner with a book of business and a client list, I don't think this is anything more than a minor HR inconvenience. The hiring partner won't even remember his name after a few months.

Talk about thinking too highly of your own importance.