Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Lawyer Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/771-lawyer-salary.html)

Unregistered 31-08-2023 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 254904)
I don’t recommend doing Law to people who can’t handle stress and competition.

I went back to dental school (in Australia), after graduating from NUS Law years ago, and I certainly don’t regret it.

Sure, I don’t earn as much as those in international firms, but I am drawing a comfortable salary of $18000/month as a dental surgeon in Q&M (around 5 years of experience)…

This is despite the fact that I failed dental school twice and had to repeat in my third and final year…

Practising law has always been stressful. The difference is that in the past, the remuneration is worth the amount of stress accumulated. Hence, you see the old Chinatown practitioners living rather comfortably, staying in landed and driving continental cars.

The problem now is that the top brass is scrutinizing P&P and even S&C costs, whilst making it much easier for laypeople to have access to resources and represent themselves. Essentially, it is death by a thousand cuts for many areas of litigation. Which is why the turnover rate for litigators is very high and many leave private practice to become either in-house counsel or legal officers in the civil service.

I'm 6 PQE and many of my learned friends in various practices of litigation have left to become in-house counsels. Tells you how grim the situation is. And yet you have tone-deaf leaders at LawSoc telling you that "Law is a calling" BS.

Unregistered 31-08-2023 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 254959)
Practising law has always been stressful. The difference is that in the past, the remuneration is worth the amount of stress accumulated. Hence, you see the old Chinatown practitioners living rather comfortably, staying in landed and driving continental cars.

The problem now is that the top brass is scrutinizing P&P and even S&C costs, whilst making it much easier for laypeople to have access to resources and represent themselves. Essentially, it is death by a thousand cuts for many areas of litigation. Which is why the turnover rate for litigators is very high and many leave private practice to become either in-house counsel or legal officers in the civil service.

I'm 6 PQE and many of my learned friends in various practices of litigation have left to become in-house counsels. Tells you how grim the situation is. And yet you have tone-deaf leaders at LawSoc telling you that "Law is a calling" BS.

What about transactional law? Is it still worthwhile to be a corp lawyer. I see many small corp boutiques around too, though not as many as liti obv

How would a small or mid sized corp practitioner do nowadays in terms of earnings or comp?

Unregistered 31-08-2023 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 254959)

Law, as a career, is still appealing compared to other fields like business/CS. It’s essentially the preferred choice for top students who either don’t have an interest for Med/ couldn’t get into Med

Unregistered 31-08-2023 08:49 PM

Ferrari

Thoughts on CBT and/or his speech, and getting cancelled.

Unregistered 31-08-2023 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 254974)

Here’s the same noble speaker who got himself in the limelight of the Peak Magazine for owning several super cars

s://.thepeakmagazine.com.sg/interviews/exoticars-supercar-club-singapore-chia-boon-teck/

Unregistered 01-09-2023 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 254981)
Here’s the same noble speaker who got himself in the limelight of the Peak Magazine for owning several super cars

s://.thepeakmagazine.com.sg/interviews/exoticars-supercar-club-singapore-chia-boon-teck/

Lol Sheffield grad. Delisted Uni.

Unregistered 01-09-2023 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 254981)

Actually I was quite impressed that he’s earning so much from his practice

Unregistered 01-09-2023 04:23 AM

which local law firms are accepting of trans employees?

Unregistered 01-09-2023 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 254974)

Not saying I agree or disagree with his views, but I found him to be frank and open

So I was just wondering - is law a calling or a comfortable means of paying the bills? Why not both though?

Lawyers often compare themselves to other professions, but most of us can’t do math/physics - so isn’t law the best-paying writing/speaking job most of us can find?

Unregistered 01-09-2023 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 255001)
Not saying I agree or disagree with his views, but I found him to be frank and open

So I was just wondering - is law a calling or a comfortable means of paying the bills? Why not both though?

Lawyers often compare themselves to other professions, but most of us can’t do math/physics - so isn’t law the best-paying writing/speaking job most of us can find?

The issue is with the history of the profession and the way it views itself, which is at odds with modern times

The earliest lawyers were basically sons of rich nobles who practised law as a hobby, their fees were honorariums

Now the profession opened up on the basis of merit (somewhat) and an LLB (Hons) is not as exclusive in terms of money or birthright as it was 700 years ago and you have all these commoners entering the profession to ask for higher pay/fees and work-life balance etc

Tbh in this day and age being a lawyer should be viewed as a comfortable means of paying the bills, this self-perception of it being noble or gentlemanly is seriously outdated and should be reformed in a lot of aspects

It's just a job like any other and the job title only intimidates laypeople who in the year 2023 still subscribe to lazy stereotypes re: education and SES

95% of the people who kena for speeding, maintenance summonses, divorce, etc. are actually competent enough to represent themselves, they are just paying a lawyer to take care of the time and trouble for them

Unregistered 01-09-2023 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 255027)
The issue is with the history of the profession and the way it views itself, which is at odds with modern times

The earliest lawyers were basically sons of rich nobles who practised law as a hobby, their fees were honorariums

Now the profession opened up on the basis of merit (somewhat) and an LLB (Hons) is not as exclusive in terms of money or birthright as it was 700 years ago and you have all these commoners entering the profession to ask for higher pay/fees and work-life balance etc

Tbh in this day and age being a lawyer should be viewed as a comfortable means of paying the bills, this self-perception of it being noble or gentlemanly is seriously outdated and should be reformed in a lot of aspects

It's just a job like any other and the job title only intimidates laypeople who in the year 2023 still subscribe to lazy stereotypes re: education and SES

95% of the people who kena for speeding, maintenance summonses, divorce, etc. are actually competent enough to represent themselves, they are just paying a lawyer to take care of the time and trouble for them

i'm curious - when you mean they can represent themselves, you mean in the small claims tribunal?

Unregistered 02-09-2023 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 255052)
i'm curious - when you mean they can represent themselves, you mean in the small claims tribunal?

Minimally MC and FJC my friend

You never seen/heard of litigant in person before ?

Unregistered 02-09-2023 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 255027)

Sorry but this is just plain bollocks. I have been up against many litigants in person and they (the LiPs) have all been disasters in some way. The average layman is wildly incompetent in court process and procedure. It's not their fault. Court process is byzantine and inaccessible by its very nature.

There's a world of difference between reading up on the legal principles of negligence or division of matri assets (on singaporelegaladvice.com or even spending substantial time self-studying these topics), versus actually knowing Steps A, B, C, D, E...Z in terms of the civil procedure and evidential rules that's necessary to get a case up from scratch all the way to trial.

Litigants outsource their case to lawyers to deal with Steps A to Z, and the infinite mundanity of legal process and procedure, not merely because their lawyer knows the principles of negligence. (Anybody with a competent grasp of English can learn about negligence). But because court procedure is extremely tedious.

You also alluded to paying lawyers to take care of the time and trouble, but you vastly downplay this fact.

The litigants who can afford to spend the time and trouble to DIY their own cases, have literally nothing better to do in their lives. Usually, their legal case consumes their entire free time/waking moments. They are either retirees, or people with a vendetta or axe to grind, or an obsession with some cause or perceived personal injustice. People like Jeanne-Marie Ten come to mind.

The vast majority of laymen never come into contact with the Court system. Among those who do, those litigants who self-represent and who interact with the court system for extended periods, usually come away from the process traumatized and scarred in some way. Life-changing, in not a good way.

Unregistered 02-09-2023 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 255060)
Sorry but this is just plain bollocks. I have been up against many litigants in person and they (the LiPs) have all been disasters in some way. The average layman is wildly incompetent in court process and procedure. It's not their fault. Court process is byzantine and inaccessible by its very nature.

There's a world of difference between reading up on the legal principles of negligence or division of matri assets (on singaporelegaladvice.com or even spending substantial time self-studying these topics), versus actually knowing Steps A, B, C, D, E...Z in terms of the civil procedure and evidential rules that's necessary to get a case up from scratch all the way to trial.

Litigants outsource their case to lawyers to deal with Steps A to Z, and the infinite mundanity of legal process and procedure, not merely because their lawyer knows the principles of negligence. (Anybody with a competent grasp of English can learn about negligence). But because court procedure is extremely tedious.

You also alluded to paying lawyers to take care of the time and trouble, but you vastly downplay this fact.

The litigants who can afford to spend the time and trouble to DIY their own cases, have literally nothing better to do in their lives. Usually, their legal case consumes their entire free time/waking moments. They are either retirees, or people with a vendetta or axe to grind, or an obsession with some cause or perceived personal injustice. People like Jeanne-Marie Ten come to mind.

The vast majority of laymen never come into contact with the Court system. Among those who do, those litigants who self-represent and who interact with the court system for extended periods, usually come away from the process traumatized and scarred in some way. Life-changing, in not a good way.

Wtf are you on about? To sum up, essentially you are saying anyone can take on such cases just that it’s damn tedious. literally, not even paraphrasing much - you just said that anyone with a competent grasp of English can learn about negligence but court procedure is completely tedious.

Isn’t that the literal point of the OP? That any layman can take on their case without hiring counsel, just that they do so to save on the time and effort?

If anything, I’d say laymen would be paying counsel for their ability to fact find, pick and analyse the case. Not the bull crap court procedure being tedious that you’re pulling. Any Tom dick and harry can understand tort of negligence but to pick out facts and to mitigate convincingly? Doubtful.

Separately as an observation, from what you’re going on about, your predominant skill as a litigator is to follow a set of procedural rules? Knn…

Unregistered 02-09-2023 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 255058)
Minimally MC and FJC my friend

You never seen/heard of litigant in person before ?

I mean I have heard of litigant in person for sure. But I always had the impression that everyone prefers to get represented by the counsel.

For those with issues with regards to means, they can approach all the different schemes we have, or find the low bono firms.

And those with huge value disputes, they’ll approach counsel too.

Unregistered 02-09-2023 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 255064)
Wtf are you on about? To sum up, essentially you are saying anyone can take on such cases just that it’s damn tedious. literally, not even paraphrasing much - you just said that anyone with a competent grasp of English can learn about negligence but court procedure is completely tedious.

Isn’t that the literal point of the OP? That any layman can take on their case without hiring counsel, just that they do so to save on the time and effort?

If anything, I’d say laymen would be paying counsel for their ability to fact find, pick and analyse the case. Not the bull crap court procedure being tedious that you’re pulling. Any Tom dick and harry can understand tort of negligence but to pick out facts and to mitigate convincingly? Doubtful.

Separately as an observation, from what you’re going on about, your predominant skill as a litigator is to follow a set of procedural rules? Knn…

Yes. That is my point. Dealing with THE TEDIUM, TIME, EFFORT and COURT PROCEDURE is the MAIN SERVICE that lawyers provide to litigants-in-persons for small-time civil and crim court cases. Not their 'astounding' legal knowledge from Year 1 Torts or Year 3 Family Law elective. Unless you're too dense to read what I wrote (I'm the poster you're replying to).

We're talking specifically about the man-in-the-street type of cases which OP has mentioned, which is basic civil, crim, matri. Obviously not complex commercial or corporate liti.

Court process and evidential rules are the main pain points for LIPs for these cases. The law is settled in the lower courts - nothing groundbreaking happens there. As for weaving facts and docs into a coherent case, the LIP who is personally invested in his case is more intimately familiar with the facts than anyone else. The problem is putting these facts and docs into a coherent presentable case that can hold up to forensic scrutiny - which is a problem of procedure and process (i.e. my original point).

Don't overblow your legal education. I'm a lawyer too and I know whatever legal principles in the MC, some DC, and FJC cases can largely be understood by legally-untrained litigants with a lot of free time to do some reading. The service that lawyers provide is to remove the tedium of complying with processes.

In case your dense brain needs another example: - everyone with a brain can buy and sell houses by themselves (the concepts are not groundbreaking), but the majority still choose to do so through real estate agents because it removes all the various procedural pain points of doing so, such as putting the house to market, and arranging for viewings.

Unregistered 02-09-2023 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 255084)
Yes. That is my point. Dealing with THE TEDIUM, TIME, EFFORT and COURT PROCEDURE is the MAIN SERVICE that lawyers provide to litigants-in-persons for small-time civil and crim court cases. Not their 'astounding' legal knowledge from Year 1 Torts or Year 3 Family Law elective. Unless you're too dense to read what I wrote (I'm the poster you're replying to).

We're talking specifically about the man-in-the-street type of cases which OP has mentioned, which is basic civil, crim, matri. Obviously not complex commercial or corporate liti.

Court process and evidential rules are the main pain points for LIPs for these cases. The law is settled in the lower courts - nothing groundbreaking happens there. As for weaving facts and docs into a coherent case, the LIP who is personally invested in his case is more intimately familiar with the facts than anyone else. The problem is putting these facts and docs into a coherent presentable case that can hold up to forensic scrutiny - which is a problem of procedure and process (i.e. my original point).

Don't overblow your legal education. I'm a lawyer too and I know whatever legal principles in the MC, some DC, and FJC cases can largely be understood by legally-untrained litigants with a lot of free time to do some reading. The service that lawyers provide is to remove the tedium of complying with processes.

In case your dense brain needs another example: - everyone with a brain can buy and sell houses by themselves (the concepts are not groundbreaking), but the majority still choose to do so through real estate agents because it removes all the various procedural pain points of doing so, such as putting the house to market, and arranging for viewings.

Then you kpkb what? Or in your words, what is plain bollocks? Lawyering nowadays is a job providing service to the simple laymen by taking on the time and effort in going to court?

Way to showcase how lawyers will argue for the sake of arguing

Unregistered 02-09-2023 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 255087)
Then you kpkb what? Or in your words, what is plain bollocks? Lawyering nowadays is a job providing service to the simple laymen by taking on the time and effort in going to court?

Way to showcase how lawyers will argue for the sake of arguing

Yes in the lower courts that is largely the case, you go MC and DC and even FJC that is really the main value add that lawyers bring - the other one is also that laymen simply intimidated by other side having lawyer

The default is laymen can do it themselves in the lower courts - now the year 2023 every other mother son got uni degree and can read/write basic English

The courts recognise this, hence the recent push to simplify procedure and statutes to make them more accessible

The problems for most laymen is (1) the time/trouble to attend court, like mentions and case conferences, it's during the working day and need to take leave and (2) compiling evidence necessary to make out their case

(1) also lagi worse if you got to drag bailor to attend together

Generally (1) the issue is not procedure, JO will usually tell you what happens next, like OK we go for mediation liao and also just fix date/time to do something like exchange docs

(1) for most laymen can solve by paying lawyer to attend so their own attendance dispensed with

(2) also most laymen can solve by paying lawyer to filter out their nonsense, anyone who has done community law can tell you what lay client tell you or forward to you is 99% irrelevant to the case and ask a lot of stupid questions that are also irrelevant to the case or just speculative

Unregistered 02-09-2023 01:24 PM

As a 1-2 PQE lawyer, how do I know if I am learning as much as my learned friends in the profession that has the same PQE as me?

I want to make sure that I am capable of handling my own cases in the future so I want to learn as much as possible while I am still young and prone to mistakes.

Also I come from a small firm who can punch above its own weight, pay is decent 5.5k+ after called but not that much work to do which is why I am afraid I am not learning as much while my peers in big 4 firms may be learning more than I am.

Any advice?

Unregistered 02-09-2023 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 255091)
As a 1-2 PQE lawyer, how do I know if I am learning as much as my learned friends in the profession that has the same PQE as me?

I want to make sure that I am capable of handling my own cases in the future so I want to learn as much as possible while I am still young and prone to mistakes.

Also I come from a small firm who can punch above its own weight, pay is decent 5.5k+ after called but not that much work to do which is why I am afraid I am not learning as much while my peers in big 4 firms may be learning more than I am.

Any advice?

Pardon me for saying this - how small is your firm?

2 PQE drawing 5.5K seems rather low. You are quite a few K below your big 4 peers.

Unregistered 02-09-2023 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 255088)
Yes in the lower courts that is largely the case, you go MC and DC and even FJC that is really the main value add that lawyers bring - the other one is also that laymen simply intimidated by other side having lawyer

The default is laymen can do it themselves in the lower courts - now the year 2023 every other mother son got uni degree and can read/write basic English

The courts recognise this, hence the recent push to simplify procedure and statutes to make them more accessible

The problems for most laymen is (1) the time/trouble to attend court, like mentions and case conferences, it's during the working day and need to take leave and (2) compiling evidence necessary to make out their case

Generally (1) the issue is not procedure, JO will usually tell you what happens next, like OK we go for mediation liao and also just fix date/time to do something like exchange docs

(1) for most laymen can solve by paying lawyer to attend so their own attendance dispensed with

(2) also most laymen can solve by paying lawyer to filter out their nonsense, anyone who has done community law can tell you what lay client tell you or forward to you is 99% irrelevant to the case and ask a lot of stupid questions that are also irrelevant to the case or just speculative

Thanks for the explanation. Curious - why not try to nip it at the letter of demand stage?

Unregistered 02-09-2023 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 255088)

With all due respect, I thought that this was in fact better for society as a whole, that people are becoming more aware of their rights and basic legal principles. This would allow lawyers to venture into other areas of law which requires more attention.

This is also in response to a previous post that lawyering was once reserved for nobles. So I thought it great actually, that more laypeople are becoming more informed.

For the low bono lawyers, perhaps the emphasis could be pivoted to conveyancing or wills and probate and CTC of documents? Just a thought.

Unregistered 02-09-2023 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 255104)
Thanks for the explanation. Curious - why not try to nip it at the letter of demand stage?

Nip what? Imagine your wife cheated on you and f**ked her lover on your marital bed while you were overseas for a work trip, and now she wants to divorce you, claim maintenance (aka alimony), 50% over your assets and care & control over your 2 kids.

Are you going to nip the case in the bud by rolling over and giving into her demands just so that you avoid confrontation?

Court disputes are as much a way to vindicate feelings as they are to vindicate legal rights.

Unregistered 02-09-2023 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 255110)
Nip what? Imagine your wife cheated on you and f**ked her lover on your marital bed while you were overseas for a work trip, and now she wants to divorce you, claim maintenance (aka alimony), 50% over your assets and care & control over your 2 kids.

Are you going to nip the case in the bud by rolling over and giving into her demands just so that you avoid confrontation?

Court disputes are as much a way to vindicate feelings as they are to vindicate legal rights.

Yes, I understand. So if it’s so complicated, won’t they need lawyers??

So this wouldn’t fall under a litigant in person scenario, right?

Unregistered 02-09-2023 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 255113)
Yes, I understand. So if it’s so complicated, won’t they need lawyers??

So this wouldn’t fall under a litigant in person scenario, right?

It's not complicated in terms of law

It's complicated cos of feelings

If you cannot master your own emotions cos every time you think of another man kukujiao enter her mouth then you have to go thru lawyer lah. Or if you poor ask your mother in law or w/e

Unregistered 02-09-2023 11:42 PM

BMWL 2PQE pay?

Unregistered 03-09-2023 12:15 AM

I guess transactional lawyers are safe??

Unregistered 03-09-2023 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 254909)
Can the "2023 Part B impossible" poster stop replying to yourself, mods on this forum sleeping istg

We're here for the salary discussion, find another shoulder to cry on because nobody who's passed gives a crap lmao

We've got enough collective IQ here to turn the rest of ASEAN into First World Countries - kindly spare 1 or 2 brain cells and update this kamsahamnida

BMWL (2020)
NQ - 7.5
1PQE - 8.5
2PQE - 9.5
3PQE - N/A

WP (2020)
NQ - 5.4
1PQE - 6.8
2PQE - 8.0
3PQE - 10

D&N (2020)
NQ - 5.8
1PQE - 6.4 - 6.8
2PQE - 8.0
3PQE - 9.2

A&G (2020)
NQ - 5.6
1PQE - 6.6
2PQE - 7.6
3PQE - 9.0

R&T (2020)
NQ - 5.8
1PQE - 5.8 - 6.6
2PQE - 7.2 - 7.6
3PQE - 8.0 - 8.8 - 9.3

DRD (2020)
NQ - 4.8 - 5.0
1PQE - 6.3
2PQE - 7.5
3PQE - 8.5

SLB (2020)
NQ - 5.4
1PQE - N/A
2PQE - N/A
3PQE - N/A

most are already updated at sglegaljobs.com, people from the other firms need to just email them the rest of salary info and can get rid of this cesspool of a forum

Unregistered 03-09-2023 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 255110)

I would advise my client whether is she cheats or he cheats, it doesnt matter
Save the fees. No need to go to court as the judgement would be the same

Unregistered 03-09-2023 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 255109)
With all due respect, I thought that this was in fact better for society as a whole, that people are becoming more aware of their rights and basic legal principles. This would allow lawyers to venture into other areas of law which requires more attention.

This is also in response to a previous post that lawyering was once reserved for nobles. So I thought it great actually, that more laypeople are becoming more informed.

For the low bono lawyers, perhaps the emphasis could be pivoted to conveyancing or wills and probate and CTC of documents? Just a thought.

I agree with you. These days, everyone has a decent minimum standard of education. The law is not as inscrutable/inaccessible as it once was.

Unregistered 03-09-2023 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 255147)
I agree with you. These days, everyone has a decent minimum standard of education. The law is not as inscrutable/inaccessible as it once was.

I know right … time to update oneself with the times. And less lofty ambitions of living like the gentry of the past. Anyway, doubt that the gentry would spend time posting here. They’re prolly posting on LinkedIn. Heh.

Unregistered 03-09-2023 11:04 PM

Congrats to those who just got called to the Bar and promoted to assoc. How much are you guys getting paid as NQs in Big 4 now?

Unregistered 04-09-2023 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 255103)
Pardon me for saying this - how small is your firm?

2 PQE drawing 5.5K seems rather low. You are quite a few K below your big 4 peers.

very small

May I have a general guideline on how much I should be paid from NQ to 5 PQE if this information is available?

Thank you

Unregistered 04-09-2023 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 255175)
Congrats to those who just got called to the Bar and promoted to assoc. How much are you guys getting paid as NQs in Big 4 now?

The information for Big 4 salary is available at sglegaljobs.com/blog

Unregistered 04-09-2023 01:51 PM

Which B4 firms are still on hybrid work arrangements?

Unregistered 04-09-2023 02:36 PM

Don’t be lazy and work in the office. You will learn much more that way too. All those before you could do it, why can’t you? Junior associates and even some senior associates nowadays are straying from the ethos of the profession

Unregistered 04-09-2023 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 255186)
very small

May I have a general guideline on how much I should be paid from NQ to 5 PQE if this information is available?

Thank you

It’s all over the web and you can reference to a few pages back.

Honestly, I have met a number of mid tier folks jumping into the big 4. You should have no problem jumping into mid tier, and no harm trying for the big 4 too.

So what’s holding you back?

Application is literally free. If you’re not feeling up for it, you can try the Easy Apply function on LinkedIn too. It works, really.

Unregistered 04-09-2023 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 255204)
Don’t be lazy and work in the office. You will learn much more that way too. All those before you could do it, why can’t you? Junior associates and even some senior associates nowadays are straying from the ethos of the profession

Yah to be honest, I don’t know what’s with the inertia in heading back to office.

The rent isn’t cheap and REITs gotta pay dividends too. The shops nearby and the all the hawker centres at Maxwell, LPS, CS all need support.

So head back ok!

Unregistered 05-09-2023 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 255187)
The information for Big 4 salary is available at sglegaljobs.com/blog

Still accurate? Some places seem to be paying higher than reported on the website.

Unregistered 05-09-2023 03:16 PM

anyone knows linklaters nq pay