Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Lawyer Salary (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/771-lawyer-salary.html)

Unregistered 21-09-2018 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 110400)
Quit and do what? Genuinely curious

Drive Grab for your CECA overlords.

Unregistered 23-09-2018 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 110400)
Quit and do what? Genuinely curious

Honestly, you will never be short on jobs if you invest your time in learning outside of the law. There is a demand for e.g legally trained people with excel skills, just that you must have the initiative to pursue these skills.

Unregistered 23-09-2018 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 110428)
Honestly, you will never be short on jobs if you invest your time in learning outside of the law. There is a demand for e.g legally trained people with excel skills, just that you must have the initiative to pursue these skills.

These are all truisms - just like a legally trained person who has coding skills, baking skills, karate skills or flying skills can be a entrepreneur, baker, martial arts instructor or pilot.

What if you're a run-of-the-mill individual who just fell into the legal profession because results were good enough to get into law school but has no other special talents?

Besides in-house counsel or P&I club claims handler (for shipping lawyers) what other white-collar, non-start-up exit options are there for law?

Unregistered 24-09-2018 05:41 AM

Times Higher Education latest world ranking ranks Oxford #1, Cambridge #2, Harvard #6 and NUS #22

The Times / Sunday Times Guide ranks Cambridge #1, Oxford #2. In fact all major UK rankings (including Guardian and Complete) rank Cambridge #1 for consecutive years.

In light of this, how reputable is a Harvard LLM against a Cambridge LLM and Oxford BCL?
Assuming rankings are a good indicator

Unregistered 24-09-2018 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 110437)
Times Higher Education latest world ranking ranks Oxford #1, Cambridge #2, Harvard #6 and NUS #22

The Times / Sunday Times Guide ranks Cambridge #1, Oxford #2. In fact all major UK rankings (including Guardian and Complete) rank Cambridge #1 for consecutive years.

In light of this, how reputable is a Harvard LLM against a Cambridge LLM and Oxford BCL?
Assuming rankings are a good indicator

None of the above can best a first from Kings

Unregistered 24-09-2018 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 110439)

Ah an underemployed KCL troll coming out of the woodwork. I believe Grab is still hiring (drivers that is, not in-house counsels).

Unregistered 24-09-2018 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 110439)

Guys you need to wake up your idea. lousy a levels results mean nothing.

A kings first and connections (most people that go kings in the place have great connections) will trump any run of the mill nus/smu grads

Unregistered 25-09-2018 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 110449)
Guys you need to wake up your idea. lousy a levels results mean nothing.

A kings first and connections (most people that go kings in the place have great connections) will trump any run of the mill nus/smu grads

Here comes another bitter Kings troll...

Well if you are good in the first place, you won't need to rely on connections.

Unregistered 25-09-2018 11:21 AM

Hi all I graduated from the University of Exeter with a LLB (Hons) 2.1 in 2017. What are my chances of obtaining a TC with the Big 4?

Unregistered 25-09-2018 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 110465)
Hi all I graduated from the University of Exeter with a LLB (Hons) 2.1 in 2017. What are my chances of obtaining a TC with the Big 4?

If you have connections, 100%