Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   31 yo liao no a levels/poly dip, online degree, no work exp (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/6737-31-yo-liao-no-levels-poly-dip-online-degree-no-work-exp.html)

Unregistered 25-02-2016 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiaklatliao (Post 80432)
oh you are actually right, now that i read it again. kudos to you.

Now i finally know why you can only teach english in Malaysia. Read through the thread. People were infact already hinting you HOW SURE were you when you keep saying she owns a Cambridge dip which is equivalent to the 4k kaplan course when from the word "master trainer" certified by University of Cambridge speaks well of what her experience were and that's why people says her master trainer is some big deal because it already speaks well of your experience and academic qualification. I seriously can't believe it that you can cannot even understand what master trainer is and continuously arguing that it means she owns a Cambridge dip. What make it worse that you couldn't even differentiate the difference between University of Cambridge and Cambridge educational standard. You just blindly thought that course with the word Cambridge is equivalent to the standard of University of Cambridge? Omg to you TS! If bedok reservoir is no t your choice, singapore river will be good!

jiaklatliao 25-02-2016 08:41 PM

This idiot is just repeating the same old pattern for 8 pages
1) Act humble & self depreciating to ask for advice

no need to act la, that is me

2) Many people try their best to answer
3) Idiot retaliates and insinuates that everyone is either dumb, don't understand, cannot make it, except for his stellar self.

not really lo, i agree with some guys who say go do masters if doesnt show off campus, etc loh.

those who say do poly or a levels or drive uber...errr....not very good ideas lah huh

4) Idiot insist he is smart and his degrees are fantastic

once again, no loh, my title already says my degree sucks which is why i am thinking of doing something too better myself loh and asking for advice on which course i should choose loh.

5) Then again act humble to ask for advice

please la, why guys like u so angry? u stuck in malaysia teaching english for 2k meh? aiya, actually even 2k in malaysia i am also doing quite well honestly, save up 1k sgd each month, in 12 years i got enough to pay off my cpf minimum sum, pension of 1.2k sgd a momnth guaranteed, and i also got family hdb flat in singapore to live in, life is okay what. :(

jiaklatliao 25-02-2016 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80435)
Now i finally know why you can only teach english in Malaysia. Read through the thread. People were infact already hinting you HOW SURE were you when you keep saying she owns a Cambridge dip which is equivalent to the 4k kaplan course when from the word "master trainer" certified by University of Cambridge speaks well of what her experience were and that's why people says her master trainer is some big deal because it already speaks well of your experience and academic qualification. I seriously can't believe it that you can cannot even understand what master trainer is and continuously arguing that it means she owns a Cambridge dip. What make it worse that you couldn't even differentiate the difference between University of Cambridge and Cambridge educational standard. You just blindly thought that course with the word Cambridge is equivalent to the standard of University of Cambridge? Omg to you TS! If bedok reservoir is no t your choice, singapore river will be good!

well the wording is a little ambiguous right.

yeah okay well...fair enough i see it now. as for your second point about cambridge i have no idea what ur driving at. cambridge is cambridge?

anyway, i am more interested in what course i should pursue for a recognised qualification.

jiaklatliao 25-02-2016 08:52 PM

yayy curtin fresh grad girl with aussie accent now in regional role for estee lauder! also got advanced standing and did 1.5 year degree! this will be me in future guys!! come on baby. huat ah!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=MKmnfIZUw7Q

Unregistered 25-02-2016 09:28 PM

so much for straight A1 in secondary school. haha.

Unregistered 25-02-2016 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiaklatliao (Post 80401)
why u so obsessed with melissa? i quote from her profile:

Mellissa is an Accredited Master Trainer certified by the University of Cambridge for their International Diploma for Teachers and Trainer programmes.

go google 'cambridge International Diploma for Teachers and Trainer '.

[url=://.kaplan.com.sg/professional/course/diploma-for-teachers-and-trainers/cambridge-international-diploma-for-teachers-and-trainers/]Cambridge International Diploma for Teachers and Trainers - Kaplan Professional - Kaplan Professional[/

kaplan does offer that course, 4 months part time, 4k sgd.

she has a masters, bach and experience yes, kudos to her. but u keep saying her master trainer is certified by cambridge is some big deal :confused:

her masters and experience is a 'big deal' though.

i dont really wanna name it (both the foreign and local schools) for obvious reasons (scary people like you la). if u believe i am lying then so be it loh.

my question is, if i get a top 100 masters/phd plus my online degree what is my employment prospects like.

To answer your question, even if you get your top 100 masters/phd, your employment prospects will be quite slim. Firstly you do not have extensive working experience in the corporate world and secondly, you will be over qualified for any entry level position with your phd/masters

Unregistered 26-02-2016 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80449)
To answer your question, even if you get your top 100 masters/phd, your employment prospects will be quite slim. Firstly you do not have extensive working experience in the corporate world and secondly, you will be over qualified for any entry level position with your phd/masters

not only over qualify, age also problem. nobody wanna hire 35-36 yo to be a entry level exec

Blueberry 26-02-2016 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiaklatliao (Post 80245)
it is real. it is an online diploma and degree but i got good gre scores and the degree itself is fch. phds are easier to get in as very few people want to spend so many years without a job in school, and phd doesn't increase your salary vis a vis a masters.

a local university also shortlisted me, still waiting for results.

the thing is in singapore you guys are so fussy about online offline etc yet only 30% of each cohort can go to local university. so many companies dont 'recognise' my online degree. it is a pain in the ass, so i got to go back to on campus to do basically the same modules again. i made a mistake doing an online degree anyway.

i am not confident about finishing the phd, as 50% don't complete, it is not easy. beside i will be giving up 4 years of income and i will be 35 if i do complete, losing out on more working years?

the jcu degree is just 10 modules and 1 year. after i get it i can do a 1 year masters or most probably work for a few years. you think after i get that degree i can find a entry level banking or marketing job? what are my chances? how about getting into the civil service?

that's all i want to do in life, just 3-5k stable job i am happy.

You should start to look for a job of your preferred industry and start working now. This is to gain experience in your preferred industry. No point getting a higher certificate when you do not have the related work experience and you are not even a young student who just graduated from school. You can always do a part-time degree whatsoever. Forget about online courses seriously. I never trust those things unless the courses are for people to take up for leisure. You already mentioned you have lost out so why still continue to waste your time ? 31 years old is not young anymore. Start working now. When you look back some 10 years later, you will be thankful that you managed to woo back the lost time.

Unregistered 26-02-2016 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueberry (Post 80455)
You should start to look for a job of your preferred industry and start working now. This is to gain experience in your preferred industry. No point getting a higher certificate when you do not have the related work experience and you are not even a young student who just graduated from school. You can always do a part-time degree whatsoever. Forget about online courses seriously. I never trust those things unless the courses are for people to take up for leisure. You already mentioned you have lost out so why still continue to waste your time ? 31 years old is not young anymore. Start working now. When you look back some 10 years later, you will be thankful that you managed to woo back the lost time.

work as what? his qualification so far is on par with only O level. at most can get admin, retail assistant, warehouse or certis security jobs. it is better to upskill a specific area through ite or poly first. at first i thought maybe he can teach english tuition here, but looking at his language skills so far in malaysia can, but confirm not enough for singapore. another option is to do commission sales like credit cards, insurance, mlm, property.

Blueberry 26-02-2016 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80456)
work as what? his qualification so far is on par with only O level. at most can get admin, retail assistant, warehouse or certis security jobs. it is better to upskill a specific area through ite or poly first. at first i thought maybe he can teach english tuition here, but looking at his language skills so far in malaysia can, but confirm not enough for singapore. another option is to do commission sales like credit cards, insurance, mlm, property.

No choice. For him, he has to start from the bottom even before he can ask for $3k to 5k. He has to start somewhere. There are no short-cuts here in Singapore, other countries I am not sure. People EXPECT work experience when you are not a young student who just graduated from school. This is a straight-forward pre-requisite. It seems like his way of dealing with reality is CMI and he is making himself go round and round and if this goes on, he will regret losing out even more.

Blueberry 26-02-2016 12:00 PM

On a serious note for the threadstarter, people who go study for PHD, if I am not wrong, those are ppl who hold higher position in their companies and it is not easy to enrol for the PHD studies unless they fulfil the strict pre-requisites. Even when you want to sign up for a Master's Degree in SIM, there may be interviews and you need to pass the interviews before you are accepted. So threadstarter, if you want a stable job with $3k to 5k, start working now. Or else you are wasting more time going round and round regretting and restart again and regretting again and re-start again.

jiaklatliao 26-02-2016 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueberry (Post 80455)

yes thanks. i tried applying for entry level jobs in the sectors i like but got no replies. only got replies from scammers, insurance type.

i have the same thoughts as you actually, work, get income, do a pt degree and take a year off to do a masters a few years later. but it seems hard to get an entry level job i like in an industry i wanna work in. work experience in temp jobs in macdonalds or retail will do nothing for my career.

i haven't been back to sg for years now, reading the post helps me understand the psyche of the average joe.

i am getting lots of offers for 2-3k teaching jobs in malaysia, china etc, due to my experience in this industry. i know these jobs will not pay much but they are always there as an option. living in a developing country has challanges but i work 30 hours a week, do a job i like, teach kids i like, got so many friends here, it is a pretty decent lifestyle to be honest.

i got an offer to do a phd. once again, it is good to hear the reasoning of some people here. i am waiting on results for masters applications.

maybe, i will just go for it. and if they say i am too this and that in singapore, then no choice, i will stay in south china or malaysia and market my phd or masters to do research or gain better jobs.

Unregistered 26-02-2016 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueberry (Post 80459)
On a serious note for the threadstarter, people who go study for PHD, if I am not wrong, those are ppl who hold higher position in their companies and it is not easy to enrol for the PHD studies unless they fulfil the strict pre-requisites. Even when you want to sign up for a Master's Degree in SIM, there may be interviews and you need to pass the interviews before you are accepted. So threadstarter, if you want a stable job with $3k to 5k, start working now. Or else you are wasting more time going round and round regretting and restart again and regretting again and re-start again.

obviously he will go round and round again. end of the day he already decided to get his crashed masters and phd. he just want others to agree with him that his crashed bach and master is as good as the rest. so well, dont bother to give such people advice as he dont need it. end of the day he will start again his argument by stating some brainless attacks; for instance the ntu Senior AD and then post some links or video of whoever had a qualification of a private degree as if he can make it like them. Being a brand ambassador is actually nothing, not a long run and that's for young faces and if you have the luck. if comprehension cmi already still wanna talk so much. just leave him alone and his crashed degree, masters and some claimed top 50/100 phd invites la.

Unregistered 26-02-2016 01:53 PM

when you do not receive any replies from the industry for even entry level job, you should know that the people here weren't lying to you about having an online degree and continue pursuing some useless crashed masters and phd will not do any help. Looking at your replies and pointless arguements, i think it is better for you to stay in where you are or go china.

jiaklatliao 26-02-2016 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueberry (Post 80459)

dear blueberry, my cousin is in his last year in ntu and he also got accepted into ntu's phd, a cond offer. he has no work experience at all.

it is well known that in many top schools in singapore, hong kong, macao, japan, etc, that the locals don't want to do phds. because it is not a career that leads to money, working and doing a masters leads to more money, as you pointed out. you lose out on income and work experience as well when u do a phd.

you will find that the phd students in many top schools, take nus, ntu or whatever, are mostly mainland chinese students, with very few locals.

one just needs a bachelor degree (normally second upper at least), good gre scores, and to demonstrate research ability to get in.

take a look here for nus's current phd students:

M&O - Our Students - PhD & MSc Students

mostly chinese students from 'good universities' in china. only 4/25 are singaporeans. these chinese folks will get their phd and bugger off to the usa or china to work as an assist prof earning 6k usd in the us or 8 or 10k rmb (around 1-2k sgd) in china. very few of them can make it in the usa, most will bugger off back to china and lead a good life there.

very few singaporeans do a phd. most do a masters and then enjoy their 10k a month salary in a bank or mnc.

jiaklatliao 26-02-2016 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80467)
when you do not receive any replies from the industry for even entry level job, you should know that the people here weren't lying to you about having an online degree and continue pursuing some useless crashed masters and phd will not do any help. Looking at your replies and pointless arguements, i think it is better for you to stay in where you are or go china.

i know the online degree was a mistake, which is what the whole endeavour is about--fixing this mistake by furthering my studies.

i did get a reply for a temp job in a bank today haha. probably get a temp job till i go back to school.

i am not sure if this is my profile i will still get no replies for entry level jobs:

Jialatliao BA online degree, Msc top 100 uni (recently graduated from a top 100 uni, looking for an entry level job to prove my worth, salary is not important, willing to work hard).

hopefully a good qualification or maybe even a jcu one will make it easier la.

Blueberry 26-02-2016 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiaklatliao (Post 80468)
dear blueberry, my cousin is in his last year in ntu and he also got accepted into ntu's phd, a cond offer. he has no work experience at all.

it is well known that in many top schools in singapore, hong kong, macao, japan, etc, that the locals don't want to do phds. because it is not a career that leads to money, working and doing a masters leads to more money, as you pointed out. you lose out on income and work experience as well when u do a phd.

you will find that the phd students in many top schools, take nus, ntu or whatever, are mostly mainland chinese students, with very few locals.

one just needs a bachelor degree (normally second upper at least), good gre scores, and to demonstrate research ability to get in.

take a look here for nus's current phd students:

M&O - Our Students - PhD & MSc Students

mostly chinese students from 'good universities' in china. only 4/25 are singaporeans. these chinese folks will get their phd and bugger off to the usa or china to work as an assist prof earning 6k usd in the us or 8 or 10k rmb (around 1-2k sgd) in china. very few of them can make it in the usa, most will bugger off back to china and lead a good life there.

very few singaporeans do a phd. most do a masters and then enjoy their 10k a month salary in a bank or mnc.

How old is your cousin ? What is his educational path ? Is SHE/HE doing the SAME THING as you and managed to study PHD ? If not, better not get into the wrong impression that tertiary schools accepts ANY students.

You are trying your luck hopefully to obtain a recognised higher education certificate and then using it to land on a comfortable stable job. If this do not work, you go look for other educational certificates to try your luck again. You are already 31 years old. By the time you realise this and realise that, you will be in your late thirties. Are you hoping to go into teaching as your career ? If not, seriously, you better stop living in your world.

Not to pour cold water on you but there is no need to be so happy over a temp job. Companies are more strict on permanent position applications.

jiaklatliao 26-02-2016 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueberry (Post 80476)
How old is your cousin ? What is his educational path ? Is SHE/HE doing the SAME THING as you and managed to study PHD ? If not, better not get into the wrong impression that tertiary schools accepts ANY students.

You are trying your luck hopefully to obtain a recognised higher education certificate and then using it to land on a comfortable stable job. If this do not work, you go look for other educational certificates to try your luck again. You are already 31 years old. By the time you realise this and realise that, you will be in your late thirties. Are you hoping to go into teaching as your career ? If not, seriously, you better stop living in your world.

Not to pour cold water on you but there is no need to be so happy over a temp job. Companies are more strict on permanent position applications.

cousin is 25 i think. he is doing his bachelors in ntu after his a levels. i did my bachelors online i dont even have a levels. he got offered to do a ntu phd. i got an offer to do a phd in a top 50 uni as well and was shortlisted by a local uni for an interview as well (when they interview you for a phd, they already accept that you are qualified, the supervisors just want to keng gai with you see if you can get along with their team, talk about research topics, interests, your chance of getting it is about 50%).

i am still waiting for results for other phd/masters applications.

ya isn't the point of studying to prove oneself and to attract employers? if i study further, i hope to bury my online degree, i think i can get entry level jobs in sg and get some of them to bite. hopefully the qualfication can help in faster promotions as well.

well if not, then i will just stay put and work in msia or whereever then, bo bian loh.

jiaklatliao 26-02-2016 02:51 PM

technically i do have a btec higher national diploma before my degree and after my o levels la. it is something like a poor man's a level/poly dip. no one in singapore recognises it la as usual.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higher_National_Diploma

Unregistered 26-02-2016 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueberry (Post 80476)

You are just wasting your time mate. He's not interested in what you say. Next thing he will do is start googling or claiming all sorts of people who are lousier than him also make it big so in short he is a superstar meant for greater heights.

He thinks the only reason why he is doing a crappy lousy paying job in Malaysia is because nobody recognises the greatness of his online degrees. Most of us know better.

Unregistered 26-02-2016 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80499)
You are just wasting your time mate. He's not interested in what you say. Next thing he will do is start googling or claiming all sorts of people who are lousier than him also make it big so in short he is a superstar meant for greater heights.

He thinks the only reason why he is doing a crappy lousy paying job in Malaysia is because nobody recognises the greatness of his online degrees. Most of us know better.

Absolutely! I'm one of the poster giving him advice hoping to help him.. later did i realise that actually I'm infact wasting my time because he is too arrogant to even believe what everybody tells him. His story about his online degree goes round and round, keep trying to emphasis how great his online degree were which even land him a local uni interview (for godsake man!) And every other masters and phd invites. Not to forget, how Singapore didn't recognize his great online degree. He infact had already set his mind to go on pursing his useless masters and phd and i really wonder why he keeps on acting humble seeking advice. What a ********. People, please stop wasting time on him.

On a side note, i do realise the reason why he pursue an online degree in the first place, looking at his attitude, poor research and understanding skills, and also ignorant attitude, obviously he must have heard how others succeed this way and thought maybe he can be like them too. He seriously need to wake up his idea.

Unregistered 26-02-2016 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiaklatliao (Post 80487)
technically i do have a btec higher national diploma before my degree and after my o levels la. it is something like a poor man's a level/poly dip. no one in singapore recognises it la as usual.

[s://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higher_National_Diploma[/

Not just singapore, this type of online degree even you go US or UK to work, no one give a damn. Last but not least, we definitely know our own educational system / local universities better then you do because we worked our way up. Stop trying to act pitiful saying what poor man's a level / poly dip because a poor man will do A level and not your kind of dip because JC school fees is subsidized. Even in diploma course, a poor man will be able to get financial assistance from school or if he/ she wishes to secure a job first, they will go look for sponsorship like sign-on to be a regular, infact quite a lot i knew did that. Hence, don't use your useless online dip or degree to try to claim the same credit as those who make the effort to go campus and take a proper qualification. Just admit that you yourself want to walk short cut and now bang the wall!

Unregistered 26-02-2016 10:21 PM

Dear TS,

I chance upon you mentioning you receive local University invites for entry interview pursing Master's / PHD? Well, just to let you know that the application for Master's degree just closed not long and the result will only we release mid May. Hmmm, i do wonder how you get an interview invite for our local U?

Cheers,

Unregistered 26-02-2016 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80502)
Absolutely! I'm one of the poster giving him advice hoping to help him.. later did i realise that actually I'm infact wasting my time because he is too arrogant to even believe what everybody tells him. His story about his online degree goes round and round, keep trying to emphasis how great his online degree were which even land him a local uni interview (for godsake man!) And every other masters and phd invites. Not to forget, how Singapore didn't recognize his great online degree. He infact had already set his mind to go on pursing his useless masters and phd and i really wonder why he keeps on acting humble seeking advice. What a ********. People, please stop wasting time on him.

On a side note, i do realise the reason why he pursue an online degree in the first place, looking at his attitude, poor research and understanding skills, and also ignorant attitude, obviously he must have heard how others succeed this way and thought maybe he can be like them too. He seriously need to wake up his idea.

Actually TS is more deluded than arrogant. I have a close friend during NS about same attitude as him, always think he is very good and it is just bad luck that he is not a corporate high flyer.

At first I also thought he just arrogant, but after talking to him so many years I realise it is not arrogant, he actually has some logic to believe he is very good. It is a vicious cycle - because he is no good, he end up mixing with the lower end of the society both in work and social life. Because of his limited exposure, he actually looks better than people around him. This cause him not to listen and willing to learn which in turn causes him to seek to hang around people who are weaker than him. Then cycle repeat.

I suspect this is what happen to TS. I mean when you are teaching English in a developing country that doesn't speak English, you end up feeling superior to all those around you. He probably thinks he can just port that superiority back in Singapore corporate space as long as he gets a cert and a job. So far we know his English is somewhere below average to average by Singapore standards, but he probably thinks he is the best, which is true if you compare to students in a private school in mostly Malay and Cantonese speaking Malaysia.

jiaklatliao 27-02-2016 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80507)
Dear TS,

I chance upon you mentioning you receive local University invites for entry interview pursing Master's / PHD? Well, just to let you know that the application for Master's degree just closed not long and the result will only we release mid May. Hmmm, i do wonder how you get an interview invite for our local U?

Cheers,

if you read my posts, i wrote i was interviewed by one local uni for a phd and i am awaiting the results of other courses. and you yourself verified that the results are out in may.

for research programmes, they are interviewing now for the august intake. the deadlines were in december or jan i recall.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80502)

how can someone read my posts and think i am boasting about my online degree when even my title is asking about ideas to fix this mistake?

are you the same person making multiple posts?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80509)
Actually TS is more deluded than arrogant. I have a close friend during NS about same attitude as him, always think he is very good and it is just bad luck that he is not a corporate high flyer.

At first I also thought he just arrogant, but after talking to him so many years I realise it is not arrogant, he actually has some logic to believe he is very good. It is a vicious cycle - because he is no good, he end up mixing with the lower end of the society both in work and social life. Because of his limited exposure, he actually looks better than people around him. This cause him not to listen and willing to learn which in turn causes him to seek to hang around people who are weaker than him. Then cycle repeat.

I suspect this is what happen to TS. I mean when you are teaching English in a developing country that doesn't speak English, you end up feeling superior to all those around you. He probably thinks he can just port that superiority back in Singapore corporate space as long as he gets a cert and a job. So far we know his English is somewhere below average to average by Singapore standards, but he probably thinks he is the best, which is true if you compare to students in a private school in mostly Malay and Cantonese speaking Malaysia.

well unlike your friend, i am neither arrogant nor deluded nor think it is bad luck. i am aware i made childish mistakes and i am trying my best to fix them and move in the right direction. it is not bad luck but bad choices for me.

at this stage of my life, being from a poor family, i cannot afford to make anymore mistakes.

as for english, i got a star for psle, a for o levels, topped my english class in jc, and scored 162 for verbal on the gre (around top 10% globally). so please, ur barking up the wrong tree.

i have always been weaker in certain subjects like chinese (c and ds).

we all have our strengths and weaknesses.

Unregistered 27-02-2016 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiaklatliao (Post 80518)
if you read my posts, i wrote i was interviewed by one local uni for a phd and i am awaiting the results of other courses. and you yourself verified that the results are out in may.

for research programmes, they are interviewing now for the august intake. the deadlines were in december or jan i recall.

how can someone read my posts and think i am boasting about my online degree when even my title is asking about ideas to fix this mistake?

Here... we go again.

Same old **** again.

Up and down this avenue.

XX more days and we will be through.

well unlike your friend, i am neither arrogant nor deluded nor think it is bad luck. i am aware i made childish mistakes and i am trying my best to fix them and move in the right direction. it is not bad luck but bad choices for me.

at this stage of my life, being from a poor family, i cannot afford to make anymore mistakes.

as for english, i got a star for psle, a for o levels, topped my english class in jc, and scored 162 for verbal on the gre (around top 10% globally). so please, ur barking up the wrong tree.

i have always been weaker in certain subjects like chinese (c and ds).

we all have our strengths and weaknesses.

Here... we go again. Same old **** again. Up and down this avenue. XX more days and we will be through!

Unregistered 27-02-2016 06:10 AM

Stupid ****

The TS is a stupid piece of ****.

I am an ntu grad with 2nd upper hons in marketing graduated in 2007. I have straight As in SJI, and NJC.

I have been teaching in private school (The learning lab) in Mid 20s and later tuition in Singapore in my late 20s as then I was drawing 5 figures income Between the years 2011 to 2013.

I stopped working between age 30 to age 32 as I have met with a serious car accident in Malaysia.

Now I am 33, I have darn lots of difficulty looking for a degree level job since I am unable to go back to my lucrative tutition line.

So TS, how much better are you better than me?? Your expectations are way high and continue to live in your own world. I am a local SG grad that is content to start with just a 2k salary.

My dad owns a oil palm plantation in Malaysia and mind you, he is well connected and has tried to land me teaching jobs in Malaysia. - I couldn't give a damn!!!! The standard is too low for English in Malaysia. You can teach English if you have gotten an A for Singapore PSLE English.

Not only you are unable to land yourself a job, you are also childishly stuck up and stupid. You should not settle down as you give birth to kids stupid like you.

Come back and post after you have found a job stupid idiot.

Unregistered 27-02-2016 09:26 AM

Dear TS,

You said you have no A level cert or so, then how you got an A in english for JC. Your comprehension level is already verified by all the people posting here and you still claimed you are good in english? Well, i do agree with one of the poster above that you think too highly of yourself because you mixed with people obviously below you and while you think that you are so high above, you were actually below avg.

Unregistered 27-02-2016 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiaklatliao (Post 80518)

You don't need people to understand you to know if you are boasting. Anyone who have read through this whole section will see that you don't need any help despite putting up a title which seems to seek help. If you think that is not true, please revert back to all the post and see all who gave you advice end up saying what. And upcoming replies definitely will prove my words about you.

Unregistered 27-02-2016 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80521)
Dear TS,

You said you have no A level cert or so, then how you got an A in english for JC. Your comprehension level is already verified by all the people posting here and you still claimed you are good in english? Well, i do agree with one of the poster above that you think too highly of yourself because you mixed with people obviously below you and while you think that you are so high above, you were actually below avg.

Wait for it.... Wait for it..... TS will be coming up with more lies to cover his initial lies

jiaklatliao 27-02-2016 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80521)
Dear TS,

read what i wrote. i wrote i topped my english class in jc.

i attended jc after my os for over a year before i went to poly. during that time, i was the top student for gp in my class. my gp teacher, i still recall, was a tiny woman with short hair. i wonder how is she now. perhaps a lot holder. but i do have fond memories of them.

everyone has strengths and weaknesses. my chinese was poor. i got c for biology i think? not that any of this matters in the real world.

look at my name, does it look like a boasting name? you can doubt me, you can say my english sucks, i didn't get phd offer, i am a swine, it doesn't matter, i am only interested in getting wisdom and ideas and then drawing my own conclusions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80520)
The TS is a stupid piece of ****.

I am an ntu grad with 2nd upper hons in marketing graduated in 2007. I have straight As in SJI, and NJC.

I have been teaching in private school (The learning lab) in Mid 20s and later tuition in Singapore in my late 20s as then I was drawing 5 figures income Between the years 2011 to 2013.

I stopped working between age 30 to age 32 as I have met with a serious car accident in Malaysia.

Now I am 33, I have darn lots of difficulty looking for a degree level job since I am unable to go back to my lucrative tutition line.

So TS, how much better are you better than me?? Your expectations are way high and continue to live in your own world. I am a local SG grad that is content to start with just a 2k salary.

My dad owns a oil palm plantation in Malaysia and mind you, he is well connected and has tried to land me teaching jobs in Malaysia. - I couldn't give a damn!!!! The standard is too low for English in Malaysia. You can teach English if you have gotten an A for Singapore PSLE English.

Not only you are unable to land yourself a job, you are also childishly stuck up and stupid. You should not settle down as you give birth to kids stupid like you.

Come back and post after you have found a job stupid idiot.

well, i have a job right now.

sorry, i mean some of the 'unregistered' posts are getting weirder and weirder. i have trouble believing this is real. your father owns plantations and he wants you to teach in malaysia? learning lab making 5 figures?

thanks for warning me about the tuition industry, you can see why i am never touching education and training in singapore despite being in the the same industry here. only moe or university positions are worth considering.

your a local grad content with 2k? well that's your life and i wish u well. i am making 2-3k now in a developing country, i hope to make at least 3-5 k after a few years of work in singapore so i can marry and buy a flat. and i know with the right choices it is easily possible.

thanks to folks like blueberry, and a few replies! very insightful!

no thanks to to drive uber, be bus driver, do nitec, do poly dip suggestions though. :p

i got a lot of insights and ideas from you guys. trolls are part of every online and offline community. i would love to think that by letting them spew we are also helping them get through their lives.

Unregistered 27-02-2016 11:09 AM

At first say jcu & top 50 hk uni, then suddenly become top 100 china uni, then boasting about knowing top profs in academia, then more bs abt interviews with local uni with timeline that not even correct. Cannot even lie properly, no wonder ur not getting any jobs.

Unregistered 27-02-2016 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80507)
Dear TS,

Cheers,

Haha this is what I call kena caught with panties down. Doesn't even make sense, NUS/NTU where got accept online degree/diploma for PhD program one!?!?

Unregistered 27-02-2016 11:15 AM

This TS wanna lie also cannot recall what he wrote. First say no A / Dip. Look back his post still say dip and degree do online. Now say what top in JC english or poly class blah blah blah
. The qns is obviously funny, go JC and poly still no A and diploma? What rubbish you talking? Honestly, no one will take your words seriously.

Unregistered 27-02-2016 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiaklatliao (Post 80525)
read what i wrote. i wrote i topped my english class in jc.

i attended jc after my os for over a year before i went to poly. during that time, i was the top student for gp in my class. my gp teacher, i still recall, was a tiny woman with short hair. i wonder how is she now. perhaps a lot holder. but i do have fond memories of them.

everyone has strengths and weaknesses. my chinese was poor. i got c for biology i think? not that any of this matters in the real world.

look at my name, does it look like a boasting name? you can doubt me, you can say my english sucks, i didn't get phd offer, i am a swine, it doesn't matter, i am only interested in getting wisdom and ideas and then drawing my own conclusions.

well, i have a job right now.

sorry, i mean some of the 'unregistered' posts are getting weirder and weirder. i have trouble believing this is real. your father owns plantations and he wants you to teach in malaysia? learning lab making 5 figures?

thanks for warning me about the tuition industry, you can see why i am never touching education and training in singapore despite being in the the same industry here. only moe or university positions are worth considering.

your a local grad content with 2k? well that's your life and i wish u well. i am making 2-3k now in a developing country, i hope to make at least 3-5 k after a few years of work in singapore so i can marry and buy a flat. and i know with the right choices it is easily possible.

thanks to folks like blueberry, and a few replies! very insightful!

no thanks to to drive uber, be bus driver, do nitec, do poly dip suggestions though. :p

i got a lot of insights and ideas from you guys. trolls are part of every online and offline community. i would love to think that by letting them spew we are also helping them get through their lives.

We also have trouble believing this is real.

Top A level student suddenly no A levels? So stupid go take some random diploma after that? Even stupid go take online degree after that?

I think what happened is that he got into a car accident in jc year 2 and damaged his brain. After that, he got a much lower IQ and keep making stupid decisions ever since.

However, he still retains his memory of him being a smart person and it keeps being reinforced by being the smartest guy in a kampung in malaysia.

He does not even know what is learning lab. Even in his prime primary sch days, i doubt he can make it into learning lab.

Unregistered 27-02-2016 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80533)
We also have trouble believing this is real.

Top A level student suddenly no A levels? So stupid go take some random diploma after that? Even stupid go take online degree after that?

I think what happened is that he got into a car accident in jc year 2 and damaged his brain. After that, he got a much lower IQ and keep making stupid decisions ever since.

However, he still retains his memory of him being a smart person and it keeps being reinforced by being the smartest guy in a kampung in malaysia.

He does not even know what is learning lab. Even in his prime primary sch days, i doubt he can make it into learning lab.

I wonder how much his story about being Singaporean teaching in Malaysia is real.

He is totally ignorant about the different schemes in civil service, moe requirements, JC/poly, labour markets and university requirements. Sounds more like a pathological attention seeking liar to me.

Unregistered 27-02-2016 03:43 PM

clearly no one here did masters in a local uni before. when i did my masters in ntu, my classmates were grads from nigeria, vietnam, bangladesh, china, poland...

if this guy has an online degree from the usa or uk, then i personally think even that is more credible than many of my classmates' educational qualifications.

Unregistered 27-02-2016 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80539)
clearly no one here did masters in a local uni before. when i did my masters in ntu, my classmates were grads from nigeria, vietnam, bangladesh, china, poland...

if this guy has an online degree from the usa or uk, then i personally think even that is more credible than many of my classmates' educational qualifications.

any of them have nothing except online degree? that the q...

Unregistered 27-02-2016 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80543)
any of them have nothing except online degree? that the q...

it depends on which university his degree is from and whether it is accredited. i don't think it matters much whether it is twinning, part time or online as these are common these days.

at ntu, we had to take the gmat or gre. this provides a standardised test for different degree holders. if he did score 162, and has an accredited degree with first or second upper, then i can see him getting offers from local universities as that is a better than average profile for many courses.

even nus has an online masters of financial engineering program. my friend is also taking an online masters from ucl, which is ranked 6th in the world.

Unregistered 27-02-2016 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 80548)
it depends on which university his degree is from and whether it is accredited. i don't think it matters much whether it is twinning, part time or online as these are common these days.

at ntu, we had to take the gmat or gre. this provides a standardised test for different degree holders. if he did score 162, and has an accredited degree with first or second upper, then i can see him getting offers from local universities as that is a better than average profile for many courses.

even nus has an online masters of financial engineering program. my friend is also taking an online masters from ucl, which is ranked 6th in the world.

I am currently doing credit analysis in a local bank and would like to move to the investment & trading side. I have an engineering degree from NTU and currently looking to further my studies on Finance, but because I need to maintain income to pay off loans so not possible for me to quit and study full time.

Anyone know if I will be able to join banking investment or hedge fund management side if I take the part time online NUS Masters in Financial Engineering?