Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Roles in accenture singapore (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/5068-roles-accenture-singapore.html)

Unregistered 15-09-2021 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182901)
Thats why. All the fresh grads kena cheated by acn now for the talent advancement program

the days of such brand names being great place for freshies are long passe

Unregistered 15-09-2021 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 183144)
the days of such brand names being great place for freshies are long passe

Yep, these brand name are like 4 years ago :P outdated already.

zero_88 18-09-2021 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 182032)
I would say for the new analyst program after one year promotion to 5.5 is a pretty good deal.

Anyone heard of the 1+ 2 tapper program?

I feel a bit unfair to many senior/lao jiao staff who are at level 11 for 3 years or more

I myself is one is level 11 for very long, then now suddenly new joiner can be promoted in 1 year?

I ask them to promote me straight to lvl 9, then they told me they can only promote me to level 10 and I have to wait another 2 year?? :mad:

Unregistered 18-09-2021 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zero_88 (Post 183494)

I feel a bit unfair to many senior/lao jiao staff who are at level 11 for 3 years or more

I myself is one is level 11 for very long, then now suddenly new joiner can be promoted in 1 year?

I ask them to promote me straight to lvl 9, then they told me they can only promote me to level 10 and I have to wait another 2 year?? :mad:

It's a free market, no one is forcing you to stay - they are not obliged to do what you think they should do. You can leave for a better company (that treats you better) if another company is willing to take you in.

zero_88 18-09-2021 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 183497)
It's a free market, no one is forcing you to stay - they are not obliged to do what you think they should do. You can leave for a better company (that treats you better) if another company is willing to take you in.

sure, but it doesn't change the fact it is unfair

Unregistered 18-09-2021 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zero_88 (Post 183502)
sure, but it doesn't change the fact it is unfair

Its not unfair. Companies aren't obliged to care about your career development. If you don't like it then leave. Like the poster above, its a free market. If you are really being underpaid for your qualifications and experience another company will treat you better.

Unregistered 18-09-2021 11:03 PM

How on earth do you stay analyst for 3 years?
It's a free market. No one forcing you to stay.

zero_88 20-09-2021 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 183523)
How on earth do you stay analyst for 3 years?
It's a free market. No one forcing you to stay.

I dk they just never promote me due to covid and watever reason

I want to be promoted

Unregistered 20-09-2021 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zero_88 (Post 183617)

I want to be promoted

sounds “entitled” .

Unregistered 20-09-2021 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zero_88 (Post 183617)

I want to be promoted

If you are so much better than an analyst you would have been promoted long ago. Or better yet you would have been hired to another better role elsewhere already.

The fact that you are still an analyst means you cant make it.

Unregistered 21-09-2021 11:09 AM

Quote:

I belong to the same pool. I am sure this consideration have been thought of when they were making this decision and they have made the calculated decision. We have to make the same calculated decision as well.

Unregistered 21-09-2021 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 183708)
I belong to the same pool. I am sure this consideration have been thought of when they were making this decision and they have made the calculated decision. We have to make the same calculated decision as well.

Obviously their calculated decision is based on the fact that those analysts who are still analysts after 1-2 years are simply people who cant make it. And if they are still around all the more they shouldnt be promoted since they cant get another job elsewhere anyway.

So essentially this group of analysts shall remain as analysts and diam diam.

Unregistered 23-09-2021 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 183730)
Obviously their calculated decision is based on the fact that those analysts who are still analysts after 1-2 years are simply people who cant make it. And if they are still around all the more they shouldnt be promoted since they cant get another job elsewhere anyway.

So essentially this group of analysts shall remain as analysts and diam diam.

To be honest I feel like you sound a little too harsh here. I know of a lot of analysts who stayed at Level 11 for 3 years. Their performance has been nothing short of amazing. It just happens that they just shuffle around projects and they do not have enough runway in their current project to be recommended for promotion. Promotion used to be dependent on budget and your project manager can only recommend a few analysts for promotion. The criteria to be recommended for promotion is not entirely due to performance, your tenure in the project matters as well. I believe that your career is a marathon and people choose to stay for a variety of reasons. The fact that you think that it’s easy to get a job in this Covid climate shows that you are self entitled. Nothing comes easy, even for individuals with 10 years of experience. Also, I do feel that it is unfair for SAs to clock another 2 years before they get promoted but I feel that the pay at Level 9 is worth the wait. Even if one were to job hop once every year, I think it would be difficult to command a Level 9 pay at the end of 2 years.

Unregistered 23-09-2021 12:49 AM

Well I'm this day and age employees have come to realize that employers are as replaceable as employees are.

Unregistered 23-09-2021 09:50 AM

Quote:

3 years + stuck in same rank u join ??? Means u really cannot make it..
Do u get yearly increment??

Unregistered 23-09-2021 09:51 AM

What the increment like from analysts to senior analyst???
Current analysts alrdy getting 4.9 gross after allownace

Unregistered 23-09-2021 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 183923)
3 years + stuck in same rank u join ??? Means u really cannot make it..
Do u get yearly increment??

Before you comment, try to understand how promotion works.

Unregistered 23-09-2021 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 183935)
Before you comment, try to understand how promotion works.

… I know the game la. I here how long already. Every August have yearly performance review they call it “talent discussion”. The outcome determines if u get promote in the Dec cycle. Those who never promote probably barely “meets expectation” or even below. If exceed expectation how to not promote u? The faster u promote means u can take on more responsibility why not?

Unregistered 23-09-2021 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 183941)
… I know the game la. I here how long already. Every August have yearly performance review they call it “talent discussion”. The outcome determines if u get promote in the Dec cycle. Those who never promote probably barely “meets expectation” or even below. If exceed expectation how to not promote u? The faster u promote means u can take on more responsibility why not?

many people only wanna get promoted based on yr in svc

Unregistered 23-09-2021 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 183941)

I think you missed out the affordability factor. Before the talent discussion takes place, your PM will rate your performance and determine whether you are ready for promotion or not. If you are in a project with a lot of analysts/you just joined a new project before the talent discussion, you will be put at a lower priority for promotion. The PM has to access the budget and see whether they can afford having more senior analysts on the project. It’s not solely based on performance. To be honest, the criteria to be a senior analyst isn’t that difficult to hit. I really don’t believe that most of the 3 year analysts fail to get promoted due to performance.

Unregistered 23-09-2021 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 183906)
To be honest I feel like you sound a little too harsh here. I know of a lot of analysts who stayed at Level 11 for 3 years. Their performance has been nothing short of amazing. It just happens that they just shuffle around projects and they do not have enough runway in their current project to be recommended for promotion. Promotion used to be dependent on budget and your project manager can only recommend a few analysts for promotion. The criteria to be recommended for promotion is not entirely due to performance, your tenure in the project matters as well. I believe that your career is a marathon and people choose to stay for a variety of reasons. The fact that you think that it’s easy to get a job in this Covid climate shows that you are self entitled. Nothing comes easy, even for individuals with 10 years of experience. Also, I do feel that it is unfair for SAs to clock another 2 years before they get promoted but I feel that the pay at Level 9 is worth the wait. Even if one were to job hop once every year, I think it would be difficult to command a Level 9 pay at the end of 2 years.

L9 pay a lot mrh? 10k a month?

Unregistered 23-09-2021 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 183999)
L9 pay a lot mrh? 10k a month?

10k is manager liao lor.. AM also not even close. L9 probably 6k ish

Unregistered 24-09-2021 12:19 AM

Quote:

Why is it unfair for SAs? Isn’t it 2 years to go from SA > C before the programme as well?

Unregistered 26-09-2021 08:00 AM

Quote:

If they are that amazing they would have left for a higher pay elsewhere already.

L9 is standard 6k at the higher end for tech/management consulting.
L9 is high 7-9k for analytics people.
L9 is high 8k for strategy people.

As you can see, difference prices for different kinds of talents. Take note that c&m personnel stay longer at l11 because the jump is really high from l11 to l9.

But cdo people who stayed long at l11 just to move up to l10? Losers. End of story.

Unregistered 26-09-2021 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 184254)
If they are that amazing they would have left for a higher pay elsewhere already.

As you can see, difference prices for different kinds of talents. Take note that c&m personnel stay longer at l11 because the jump is really high from l11 to l9.

But cdo people who stayed long at l11 just to move up to l10? Losers. End of story.

Money is not the only driving force of one’s career. Job satisfaction and the team that you’re working with also matters.

Unregistered 26-09-2021 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 184021)
Why is it unfair for SAs? Isn’t it 2 years to go from SA > C before the programme as well?

Maybe to clarify myself, this is unfair if the SA has already spent 2-3 years as an analyst. According to the new program, one would make L9 in 3 years. If the existing SA has already spent 2 years as an analyst and would still need another 2 years to get to L9, he would take a total of 4 years to get to L9. Ultimately this group of people are still slower by one year.

Unregistered 26-09-2021 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 184263)
Money is not the only driving force of one’s career. Job satisfaction and the team that you’re working with also matters.

Sure because working culture and people at accenture are the best to work with.

Unregistered 26-09-2021 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 184276)
Maybe to clarify myself, this is unfair if the SA has already spent 2-3 years as an analyst. According to the new program, one would make L9 in 3 years. If the existing SA has already spent 2 years as an analyst and would still need another 2 years to get to L9, he would take a total of 4 years to get to L9. Ultimately this group of people are still slower by one year.

This group deserves to be slower. Since if they are good enough they would have already been promoted to senior analyst because this new system got implemented.

chickpig 26-09-2021 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 184254)

What is the pay for ACN Strategy at each level (Analyst to Senior Manager)?

Unregistered 26-09-2021 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 184263)

Stop living in denial.

Unregistered 26-09-2021 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 184284)
This group deserves to be slower. Since if they are good enough they would have already been promoted to senior analyst because this new system got implemented.

Yah yah. As if it’s the norm to get promoted before you hit 2 years -.-. Go look at the statistics shared and see how common it is

Unregistered 26-09-2021 09:51 PM

Quote:

You’re right. But are you sure they’re not compensating these group of people in some other way? Find it hard to believe cos then it’s pretty unmotivating for this group right?

Unregistered 27-09-2021 07:48 PM

On top of the base salary+travel allowance+aws (~1-2 months), does accenture have variable payment?

Unregistered 27-09-2021 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 184326)
Yah yah. As if it’s the norm to get promoted before you hit 2 years -.-. Go look at the statistics shared and see how common it is

Got stats shared? Where?

zero_88 28-09-2021 10:00 PM

Quote:

This reply is good and sensible

zero_88 28-09-2021 10:03 PM

Quote:

The best way the management can do to make it fair

is to just close the eye and promote Lvl 11 with 3 years experience to level 9 this year december
skip the level 10 nonsense, it is not abt salary

Unregistered 28-09-2021 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zero_88 (Post 184547)
The best way the management can do to make it fair

is to just close the eye and promote Lvl 11 with 3 years experience to level 9 this year december
skip the level 10 nonsense, it is not abt salary

If it is not abt salary then why need to promote?

L11 people with 3 years of exp deserve to stay at L11 until they are ready to be promoted. No1 owes you a promotion. A promotion aint free.

zero_88 29-09-2021 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 184560)
If it is not abt salary then why need to promote?

L11 people with 3 years of exp deserve to stay at L11 until they are ready to be promoted. No1 owes you a promotion. A promotion aint free.

If you are not working in this company, please dun anyhow comment

How do u know those ppl are "not ready", promotion can be delayed due to headcount and project budget and many factor

Not necessary do with performance, if you feel it is fair, then good for u

Unregistered 29-09-2021 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zero_88 (Post 184583)

How do u know those ppl are "not ready", promotion can be delayed due to headcount and project budget and many factor

hahahahhahahahaba funny la headcount and project budget? Those are reasons i give to hopeful analysts whom i dont wish to promote.

In the year where you are told that, do you see managers and above getting their promotion? Do you know how much more in terms of rates they would charge to the project when they get their promotion as opposed to your analyst to sr analyst rates?

Unregistered 29-09-2021 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zero_88 (Post 184583)

You might not be cut out for this industry…