Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Roles in accenture singapore (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/5068-roles-accenture-singapore.html)

Unregistered 20-02-2022 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 203876)
No it does not help.

Really meh acn always convert all their interns what? Even acn accepts almost everyone who applies, don’t they? They don’t even have a requirement on gpa lolll

Unregistered 20-02-2022 10:11 PM

Accenture really that good meh? I hear so many cases of analyst leaving.. even to smaller companies. A simple LinkedIn search can also see analyst tend to leave after 1-2 years. Have always heard the work life balance is terrible with lots of ot that doesn’t quite justify the pay, is this a general situation for all departments or just certain specific departments?

Unregistered 20-02-2022 10:47 PM

Realised Accenture pays the cpf for interns like 2 years later wtf??? Interned in March 2020 and while I was checking my cpf for this month, Accenture paid cpr for my internship in 2020 for each month only in Jan 2022… seriously….

think twice again if you want to join such a company, who knows they may be paying the cpf late which is against the law btw for full timers even… wonder if salary would be correct lol

Unregistered 20-02-2022 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 203898)
Realised Accenture pays the cpf for interns like 2 years later wtf??? Interned in March 2020 and while I was checking my cpf for this month, Accenture paid cpr for my internship in 2020 for each month only in Jan 2022… seriously….

think twice again if you want to join such a company, who knows they may be paying the cpf late which is against the law btw for full timers even… wonder if salary would be correct lol

Jesus utterly speechless 😱

Suddenly they pay after 2 years confirm got letter from government one or got checked and found out.

Unregistered 21-02-2022 10:22 AM

Did anyone receive next steps after applying for the graduate consulting analyst? Saw they are still hiring on the website and LinkedIn

Unregistered 21-02-2022 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 203894)
Accenture really that good meh? I hear so many cases of analyst leaving.. even to smaller companies. A simple LinkedIn search can also see analyst tend to leave after 1-2 years. Have always heard the work life balance is terrible with lots of ot that doesn’t quite justify the pay, is this a general situation for all departments or just certain specific departments?

Yes. Crazy hours. Analyst working 60hrs week including weekends is very normal. And only allowed to charge 40hrs to clients because company policy is no OT pay. Quite a joke. I rmbed someone asked during my project townhall about OT culture. The project director brush it off by saying if cannot give OT pay, can give leave in liue.. wtf?? Alrdy not enough time to finish work how to take leave ?? Really stupid. I quitted few mth after I got promoted to senior analyst. Can always find another job.

Unregistered 21-02-2022 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 203958)
Yes. Crazy hours. Analyst working 60hrs week including weekends is very normal. And only allowed to charge 40hrs to clients because company policy is no OT pay. Quite a joke. I rmbed someone asked during my project townhall about OT culture. The project director brush it off by saying if cannot give OT pay, can give leave in liue.. wtf?? Alrdy not enough time to finish work how to take leave ?? Really stupid. I quitted few mth after I got promoted to senior analyst. Can always find another job.

Oh my that’s really quite bad… I mean even MOM clearly indicated companies should not be getting employees to be OT-ing almost everyday to that extent and not pay OT pay. On the surface pay sounds high/decent but when you compare to the working hours invested, really not worth it. It’s also detrimental on your emotional and physical health which can’t be turned back if it becomes worse…

Unregistered 21-02-2022 08:17 PM

Actually curious, why does it look like so many people wanna go into Accenture ah?

Unregistered 21-02-2022 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204021)
Actually curious, why does it look like so many people wanna go into Accenture ah?

Go in or go out?

Unregistered 21-02-2022 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204042)
Go in or go out?

Go in leh, like just seem LinkedIn the recent job posting close to 300 people applying for the analyst.

Unregistered 21-02-2022 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204049)
Go in leh, like just seem LinkedIn the recent job posting close to 300 people applying for the analyst.

lol cause it's easy to get in

You don't see people applying to senior Google positions

Unregistered 21-02-2022 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204049)

Wtf 300?! So hot ah?

Unregistered 22-02-2022 01:44 AM

The pay is honestly way higher than what some companies (e.g. SMEs, contract roles, etc) will pay for a fresh grad though..

Unregistered 22-02-2022 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204052)

Why do you say it’s easy to get in? Just judging from the fact where none of us applicants for the recent opening in Feb has even heard back lol.

Senior Google positions aren’t even a valid comparison as we’re comparing acn analyst which is an entry level role for fresh grads. FAANG entry level roles typically require a few years of experience….

Unregistered 22-02-2022 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204052)

Bro I can tell you it’s not easy, easy would mean applying and getting an offer after an interview or two, there are many companies like that that have abit of brand name such as NCS for example. Those are considered easy.

For Accenture, I am a manager now and I can say applying as a fresh graduate wasn’t easy. You can say that the number of analysts hired is quite a handful. But there are a few rounds of hiring in order to get the offer. This also doesn’t mean people who accept the offers are people who are Low performers, there are First class honours in fact many who join. Likewise, there are also candidates who were rejected right after their application or even first round of selections, these people includes top academic students too.

Unregistered 22-02-2022 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204082)
The pay is honestly way higher than what some companies (e.g. SMEs, contract roles, etc) will pay for a fresh grad though..

True though, but the OT culture is also quite terrible.

I think for Accenture: as we all agree the pay is good for a fresh grad close to 5k, there are trainings and certifications that you can do too, once in a while they send some care package to you hahahah

Unregistered 22-02-2022 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204138)
Bro I can tell you it’s not easy, easy would mean applying and getting an offer after an interview or two, there are many companies like that that have abit of brand name such as NCS for example. Those are considered easy.

For Accenture, I am a manager now and I can say applying as a fresh graduate wasn’t easy. You can say that the number of analysts hired is quite a handful. But there are a few rounds of hiring in order to get the offer. This also doesn’t mean people who accept the offers are people who are Low performers, there are First class honours in fact many who join. Likewise, there are also candidates who were rejected right after their application or even first round of selections, these people includes top academic students too.

look at the number of pri u ppl in accenture and u will realise whats wrong. no self-respecting company will hire so many private u grads

Unregistered 22-02-2022 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204165)
look at the number of pri u ppl in accenture and u will realise whats wrong. no self-respecting company will hire so many private u grads

Lmao at least they don’t hire a lot of Jhk at senior/manager lvl like big 4 audit

Unregistered 22-02-2022 02:58 PM

Quote:

Private u grads that enter Accenture have met the necessary requirements, or in fact even performed better than some of the local uni grads. Just do a simple search and you can find of course not all but there are private Uni grads who have great internship experiences in top firms (some of them that even local Uni grad don’t have) as well as leadership positions. If you made it in, it boils down to the fact of individual achievements.

As a Manager in ACN, I have a wide array of students or freshers in the projects I handled in the past, let me just share one point, many private Uni students are willing to put in the effort and even more so than some of the local Uni graduates. Of course, local Uni grads I would say are just as good as long as individuals have what it takes to succeed, regardless of University it boils down to what you as an individual can bring to the company.

You just sound super inferior as someone who may get in together with these graduates or you are just someone who is rejected. Probably work in yourself first before blaming it on the company. An advice to you from someone who is in this company or even just a professional with years of experience, please change your mindset and work on yourself.

Unregistered 22-02-2022 03:03 PM

Quote:

Wow this dude here sounds salty af HAHA, I wonder are you one of those who got rejected?

Many other companies out there also hire from private uni grads, but at least such grads get their degree from approved and accredited partners unis. There also have internship experiences, leadership, skill sets that they bring with them.

If you deem companies who hire private Uni grads as “no self-respecting companies”, please do not apply for any of such companies, not even if they recruit one of those students. What other options do you have left then? Companies that have no name? Let me tell you, you are left with no company. So please think before you speak. I feel so sorry and embarrass for you.

Unregistered 22-02-2022 03:12 PM

Quote:

I’ve graduated from SIM several years ago and right now I’m a project leader in McKinsey. I did my masters as well at Cambridge.

So let me tell you, your idea is invalid.

You can argue that not all students from private uni go on to target unis for postgrad or into top firms, but as long as a few do, this shows the degree is recognised. Then let me ask you, how many of local Uni grads made it to top target schools for masters too? Aren’t they also a handful? Let me share some info then, we have several students who eventually got offers from top unis worldwide such as Harvard, Stanford, Oxford, Cambridge, LSE and the list goes on. No kidding a simple LinkedIn search and you can find them. We also have many students who interned at notable firms such as BCG (yes!), AWS, Tik Tok, ACN, big 4 and more…as well as grads who went on to top MNCs too such as JP Morgan, Bank of America, BCG, McKinsey and so on…

I am proud to say I am a SIM graduate and even prouder that I have achieved all these despite the kind of remarks from people like yourself or how the local Uni students look at us. Of course, I’ve came across nice and respectful uni grads who see us the same as all other Uni students during internships, I think that’s the reason why they made it in too.

It’s about time you improve yourself as a candidate, and doing so by bringing others down. This doesn’t reflect badly on them but only you. All the best!

Unregistered 22-02-2022 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204170)
Private u grads that enter Accenture have met the necessary requirements, or in fact even performed better than some of the local uni grads. Just do a simple search and you can find of course not all but there are private Uni grads who have great internship experiences in top firms (some of them that even local Uni grad don’t have) as well as leadership positions. If you made it in, it boils down to the fact of individual achievements.

As a Manager in ACN, I have a wide array of students or freshers in the projects I handled in the past, let me just share one point, many private Uni students are willing to put in the effort and even more so than some of the local Uni graduates. Of course, local Uni grads I would say are just as good as long as individuals have what it takes to succeed, regardless of University it boils down to what you as an individual can bring to the company.

You just sound super inferior as someone who may get in together with these graduates or you are just someone who is rejected. Probably work in yourself first before blaming it on the company. An advice to you from someone who is in this company or even just a professional with years of experience, please change your mindset and work on yourself.

Fellow ACN senior analyst here, I do agree on this. We’re living in 2022 now, it’s time we’re open minded. Some of my top interns performers are from private universities, I do not see a problem with that. Just to share, interns go through a rather stringent round of selections, from application > pymetrics > hirevue > assessment Center > phone/video interview > offer, and along this process, applicants are factor out. Even if they are private Uni students, and they eventually made it in with an offer, this proves their abilities and what they can bring to the table. You should instead feel worried if someone you see less favourable or you look down on, make it in as well, you’re on par in terms of standards.

University degree only impact your initial application, once you make it to the interview stages, no one cares where you come from. After your first job, promotion or next jobs, again no one cares what Uni degree you have.

Unregistered 22-02-2022 03:23 PM

Quote:

Damn salty…. Seems like you’re the one that has no self respect. Bringing others down just to prove your worth..looks extremely bad on yourself dude.

Unregistered 22-02-2022 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204170)

Fellow ACN senior analyst here, I do agree on this. We’re living in 2022 now, it’s time we’re open minded. Some of my top interns performers are from private universities, I do not see a problem with that. Just to share, interns go through a rather stringent round of selections, from application > pymetrics > hirevue > assessment Center > phone/video interview > offer, and along this process, applicants are factor out. Even if they are private Uni students, and they eventually made it in with an offer, this proves their abilities and what they can bring to the table. You should instead feel worried if someone you see less favourable or you look down on, make it in as well, you’re on par in terms of standards.

University degree only impact your initial application, once you make it to the interview stages, no one cares where you come from. After your first job, promotion or next jobs, again no one cares what Uni degree you have.

Unregistered 22-02-2022 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204174)
I’ve graduated from SIM several years ago and right now I’m a project leader in McKinsey. I did my masters as well at Cambridge.

So let me tell you, your idea is invalid.

You can argue that not all students from private uni go on to target unis for postgrad or into top firms, but as long as a few do, this shows the degree is recognised. Then let me ask you, how many of local Uni grads made it to top target schools for masters too? Aren’t they also a handful? Let me share some info then, we have several students who eventually got offers from top unis worldwide such as Harvard, Stanford, Oxford, Cambridge, LSE and the list goes on. No kidding a simple LinkedIn search and you can find them. We also have many students who interned at notable firms such as BCG (yes!), AWS, Tik Tok, ACN, big 4 and more…as well as grads who went on to top MNCs too such as JP Morgan, Bank of America, BCG, McKinsey and so on…

I am proud to say I am a SIM graduate and even prouder that I have achieved all these despite the kind of remarks from people like yourself or how the local Uni students look at us. Of course, I’ve came across nice and respectful uni grads who see us the same as all other Uni students during internships, I think that’s the reason why they made it in too.

It’s about time you improve yourself as a candidate, and doing so by bringing others down. This doesn’t reflect badly on them but only you. All the best!

Mckinsey doesn’t even use the title project leader, you are mixing this up with bcg

Unregistered 22-02-2022 03:25 PM

Why isn’t Accenture getting back on next stage for the graduate consulting analyst?

Promote so much but end up don’t even bother getting back soon.

Unregistered 22-02-2022 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204183)
Mckinsey doesn’t even use the title project leader, you are mixing this up with bcg

Another csb from deluded SIM grad who doesn't know that his degree is worth as much as a roll of toilet paper

Unregistered 22-02-2022 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204185)
Another csb from deluded SIM grad who doesn't know that his degree is worth as much as a roll of toilet paper

Say so much ownself see on LinkedIn lah boson. Another local Uni grad who is inferior lolll must be still jobless those bottom few performing ones. Those top local uni people have the basic respect. Your degree is the same as garbage i would say.

Unregistered 22-02-2022 03:47 PM

Quote:

Yes. I usually call it project leader informally. But you’re right, the right/official term is Team Lead.

I don’t think I need to say more, I can’t change the mindset you have but only lay facts out. Well, all the best to you and the rest.

Unregistered 22-02-2022 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204188)
Say so much ownself see on LinkedIn lah boson. Another local Uni grad who is inferior lolll must be still jobless those bottom few performing ones. Those top local uni people have the basic respect. Your degree is the same as garbage i would say.

MBB will never take in SIM.
No offense but it's a statistical fact. Just go linkedin itself. 0 SIM.
No need to convince me or anyone else of your worth, go and convince your delusional self first

Got the guts, tell us the linkedin name for the SIM guy in McK

Unregistered 22-02-2022 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204185)

Feel so embarrass to see fellow local Uni pals being plain rude and lack of basic manners.

I myself am also from local Uni, I do share the same sentiment in the past during my first year. But after having down multiple internships, some with MBB or top firms and worked with some of the other interns who came from SIM, I realised they are just as good or even better than some of us. I also had the ego that how could they end up with the same offer as myself right, but seeing how they presented themselves, how they were willing to work their asses off and even being respectful at the very least, speaks more than how we viewed them. Honestly, we this kind of mindset it will be tough to make it far in your career.

I truly feel apologetic for these few local uni peeps who are displaying such unprofessional and childish attitudes. Do know that these few are not a true representation of us other local uni students, many of us salute those successful private uni grads who found great offers.

Unregistered 22-02-2022 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204192)
No need to convince me or anyone else of your worth, go and convince your delusional self first

Please use your brains lazy af. It’s is not about having guts or not, there’s a thing called pdpa right and do understand on confidential details too. This really shows you had no experience even internship experience working for big organisations, cos they always make you take note of confidential details that shouldn’t be released.

If other people can spot so can you. Maybe have a proper understanding of SIM and the degrees offered first, SIM do not give out degree certs, they are only approved teaching institutions. It’s the partner universities that give out the degree certs.

Unregistered 22-02-2022 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204192)

HAHAHAH bodoh sia this person. Of course you can’t find lah if you search McK and SIM, brooo you should search the partner uni not SIM HAHAHAH

Unregistered 22-02-2022 04:01 PM

Quote:

Need to point out meh, if you think the person lying then just do a LinkedIn search lo. Easy as that, I have done the search it’s accurate lah but I think the op term it wrongly by accident. But anyways, if you can’t even do a simple LinkedIn search, shows so much of how you local Uni grads are spoon fed.

Since you know so much, share then what company and role are you in? LOLLLL MUST BR JOBLESS STILL

Unregistered 22-02-2022 04:05 PM

A recruiter here and I’ve been seeing the kind of remarks from various op on this thread.

Regardless of whichever Uni you are from, basic manners and respect are the most simple criteria for every candidate. If a candidate can’t even have basic respect, they wont go far in life nor their career. You won’t be able to work in a team even.

I really see no need for local Uni students to be this inferior because those previous op really sounded so afraid of private Uni students to the extent that they have to put them down this way. It makes no sense. Those local Uni students who made it into top firms also have their private Uni counterparts in the firm, but I’ve never seen such candidates displaying these kind of behaviour as those in this thread.

Unregistered 22-02-2022 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 204193)
Feel so embarrass to see fellow local Uni pals being plain rude and lack of basic manners.

I myself am also from local Uni, I do share the same sentiment in the past during my first year. But after having down multiple internships, some with MBB or top firms and worked with some of the other interns who came from SIM, I realised they are just as good or even better than some of us. I also had the ego that how could they end up with the same offer as myself right, but seeing how they presented themselves, how they were willing to work their asses off and even being respectful at the very least, speaks more than how we viewed them. Honestly, we this kind of mindset it will be tough to make it far in your career.

I truly feel apologetic for these few local uni peeps who are displaying such unprofessional and childish attitudes. Do know that these few are not a true representation of us other local uni students, many of us salute those successful private uni grads who found great offers.

Thanks dude, no worries we wouldn’t judge the whole local Uni community just from the remarks from these few people. Likewise, we have also worked with local uni students like yourself who are equally hardworking and nice, even forged some strong friendships thereafter. Good luck to you.

Unregistered 22-02-2022 04:12 PM

Alamak everyone… the local Uni op that started this “fight” please lah grow up don’t be so childish can.

This thread is for WORK for ACCENTURE.

Not for you to come and pick fight with other people. If you don’t like how a specific company is hiring certain students, then be even better than them to get an offer. If not just get out and don’t apply lo, as easy as that. Make until so big for what. 🤦

Unregistered 22-02-2022 04:17 PM

Quote:

Make sure to say the exact same phrase “no self-respecting companies” to companies who interview you ah (bear in mind any one company that hire even one private uni grad). I see if you get an offer anot. Or risk it the company maybe sue you even for demeaning their name LOL.

Since you hate companies that hire any private uni grads, I really don’t think there’s any companies out there for you to choose already leh. Not only ACN hires, even Bulge Bracket Banks hire such as JPM, BOA, Credit Suisse, UBS…. Even Amazon.

Don’t you local uni people want such top firms too? Then how ah like this, you don’t apply lah cos they also hire private uni grad leh. Maybe try tell these companies they are no self respecting companies HAHAHAH see if they still want to hire you?

Unregistered 22-02-2022 04:20 PM

Quote:

This is what we call class 👏

Thanks local uni grads who posted those remarks really the blacksheep. Please don’t disgrace us local uni students can. 😑

Unregistered 22-02-2022 04:21 PM

Quote:

This is what we call class 👏

Thanks local uni grads who posted those remarks really the blacksheep. Please don’t disgrace us local uni students can. 😑