Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   payscheme of GLCs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/5004-payscheme-glcs.html)

~cooler~ 15-02-2015 10:59 AM

payscheme of GLCs
 
Hi all,

I would to enquire for my cousin who is a fresh grad from 3 local uni with a good honours gng to work for a GLCs
He wanna to find out
How is it Different from ministries/statsboard in terms of
starting pay?
bonus such as 13 mth? Performance bonus?
Progression?
Career prospect?

Hope for insights!

Unregistered 15-02-2015 09:07 PM

please state which GLC are you referring to? so that we can answer you accordingly

different GLC in various sector have different starting pay and bonuses...

~cooler~ 15-02-2015 10:24 PM

GLCs in the health care services like Jurong health services, National health group, etc

Fearoftheunknown 15-02-2015 11:24 PM

I feel like if your cousin is really interested in working in the healthcare industry, he/she would not be so concerned about the pay scheme. #Justsaying

~cooler~ 15-02-2015 11:46 PM

But the pay is also a factor.
A balance need to strike between livelihood & interest too.

Anyone working in healthcare GLCs can share more insights regarding the starting pay , pay progression , bonus as compared to statsboard & minstries.

Thanks

Fearoftheunknown 16-02-2015 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~cooler~ (Post 62786)
But the pay is also a factor.
A balance need to strike between livelihood & interest too.

Anyone working in healthcare GLCs can share more insights regarding the starting pay , pay progression , bonus as compared to statsboard & minstries.

Thanks

I can't help but to go into HR mode for this, even though I'm no longer in HR.

NHG is semi-privatised, and thus many of their pay schemes follow that of stat boards & ministries, which means your starting pay is derived using a calculated formula. Not sure about the rest of the healthcare GLCs, but NHG typically do not hire fresh grads without experience. Your best bet would be taking a Management Associate position, but that would require at least a 2nd upper honours, and the availability of such positions at the right time.

Sorry to say, it can be very demanding to work in the healthcare industry, given how they are so particular about the standards of quality, especially in the area of operations management. I know a few executives (degree holders) actually failed their probation because they failed to live up to expectations. At the end of the day, getting into healthcare industry is 1 thing, staying in there for long term is another thing.

To quote my ex HR manager, "You have to ask yourself what you want and like to do, and just apply for the position." No point researching for the pay schemes of GLCs just to compare; for all you know, your cousin may end up not even being shortlisted for any interviews at healthcare GLCs.

Degree holder, so what?! No experience. You certainly do not get to choose healthcare, it's healthcare who choose you. :cool:

~cooler~ 16-02-2015 01:10 AM

Up for my advice!

Unregistered 16-02-2015 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~cooler~ (Post 62762)
Hi all,

I would to enquire for my cousin who is a fresh grad from 3 local uni with a good honours gng to work for a GLCs
He wanna to find out
How is it Different from ministries/statsboard in terms of
starting pay?
bonus such as 13 mth? Performance bonus?
Progression?
Career prospect?

Hope for insights!

I've worked in 2 GLCs. Both are quite different in terms of pay scheme, bonus and culture so it's hard to say. Given his profile I'll tell him to go get a cushy civil service job instead where pay is generous and he can get all the work-life balance he ever wanted.

~cooler~ 16-02-2015 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 62791)
I've worked in 2 GLCs. Both are quite different in terms of pay scheme, bonus and culture so it's hard to say. Given his profile I'll tell him to go get a cushy civil service job instead where pay is generous and he can get all the work-life balance he ever wanted.

my cousin, she intend to work in a healthcare GLCs
Any insights

Unregistered 16-02-2015 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~cooler~ (Post 62792)
my cousin, she intend to work in a healthcare GLCs
Any insights

sorry, never worked in those GLCs... can't help your "cousin" much...


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2