Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil/Public Sector - Ministry/Stat Boards employees knowledge needed! (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/4955-civil-public-sector-ministry-stat-boards-employees-knowledge-needed.html)

Unregistered 29-09-2017 10:31 PM

Anybody can help with expected salary range for deputy director for Skillsfuture Singapore formerly named WDA? Thanks!

Unregistered 20-10-2017 08:38 AM

Hi, about sidetrack here as this query has nothing to do with salary and hiring procedures. I had just joined HDB and was issued a staff pass. Anyone know if this staff pass considered a PS card for purpose of visiting private clinics under MSO scheme? I used to be with a ministry before and was issued a separate PS card which clearly stated it as a PS card, but HDB staff pass only has its HDB logo and my photo without indicating it as a PS card. Thanks

Unregistered 20-10-2017 01:52 PM

I am two months into my job at a ministry and realized that it's not a good fit for me, both in terms of team culture and job scope. Can anybody please enlighten me if it is too soon to start applying for a job? & if I were to apply, will the current boss/HR know of it cause I don't want to worsen the current working environment and relationship.

Unregistered 20-10-2017 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 101100)
I am two months into my job at a ministry and realized that it's not a good fit for me, both in terms of team culture and job scope. Can anybody please enlighten me if it is too soon to start applying for a job? & if I were to apply, will the current boss/HR know of it cause I don't want to worsen the current working environment and relationship.

You may try applying no harm. Hr will only inform your boss if the new ministry accept u via transfer policy. If from ministry to stat be, your boss will not know where u will be going unless you tell him or her. But i thought usually people in stat boards face this problem you are having right now rather than people in ministries, as most stats boards are more operational and public facing compared to most ministries.

Unregistered 20-10-2017 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 101101)
You may try applying no harm. Hr will only inform your boss if the new ministry accept u via transfer policy. If from ministry to stat be, your boss will not know where u will be going unless you tell him or her. But i thought usually people in stat boards face this problem you are having right now rather than people in ministries, as most stats boards are more operational and public facing compared to most ministries.

Thanks! & oso, must I state that I'm currently in this ministry? Or is it ok to leave it out due to short duration?

Unregistered 20-10-2017 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 101100)

No harm having a conversation with your supervisor and HR. But I don' think it is possible.

Why? Because you have not completed your probation. The typical probation is 6 months. Any agency would be wary to take on someone who had not even completed probation at the place he applied for. Perhaps you can try to go thru the 6 months, get confirmed before trying your luck else where?

Unregistered 20-10-2017 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 90732)
I am an engineering graduate. Personally, I dislike organizing or participating in welfare events, outreach events, administrative tasks or secretarial duties like minutes writing that takes up my days.

no wonder they say singaporean graduates lack soft skills.

Unregistered 21-10-2017 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 101093)
Hi, about sidetrack here as this query has nothing to do with salary and hiring procedures. I had just joined HDB and was issued a staff pass. Anyone know if this staff pass considered a PS card for purpose of visiting private clinics under MSO scheme? I used to be with a ministry before and was issued a separate PS card which clearly stated it as a PS card, but HDB staff pass only has its HDB logo and my photo without indicating it as a PS card. Thanks

My clinic (Healthway) asked for my staff pass to verify that I am a staff of the agency (not HDB). My wife had a separate medical card from the insurance company.

Unregistered 30-10-2017 12:00 PM

I have over 8 years working experience in both public and private sector and currently working in a stat bd at the Mx 12 grade. Anyone know if I apply for a position with another public agency e.g. ministry, will the agency consider my years of experience and offer a grade Mx 11? Thanks

jrbearus 30-10-2017 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 101323)
I have over 8 years working experience in both public and private sector and currently working in a stat bd at the Mx 12 grade. Anyone know if I apply for a position with another public agency e.g. ministry, will the agency consider my years of experience and offer a grade Mx 11? Thanks

Possible, if you have relevant working experience required by the agency AND the post that you are applying for is one of MX11.