Salary.sg Forums

Salary.sg Forums (https://forums.salary.sg/)
-   Income and Jobs (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/)
-   -   Civil/Public Sector - Ministry/Stat Boards employees knowledge needed! (https://forums.salary.sg/income-jobs/4955-civil-public-sector-ministry-stat-boards-employees-knowledge-needed.html)

Unregistered 22-07-2016 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 88744)
Obviously not true. Else how can people in the service job hopped around different agencies? You always see the peak during May - Jun and Aug - Sep period where people resign/second/transfer to join new agencies.

Word of caution. If you do apply for jobs (within the Public Service) while still in current place (also within Public Service), it is possible that they will contact the HR of your current place. And naturally, the HR will contact your boss. Especially true if you've went through the interviews and they are considering you. Not always, but may happen. So it may be polite to tell your current boss you are considering elsewhere.

Hi, thanks for clarifying, i mean i'm under 1 year in my present job so i think i was specific enough.

Therefore i think i meant whether they would not call applicants up who are already in public org but < 1 year ? (Im well over 6 months already)

Unregistered 23-07-2016 10:57 PM

Hi all, may i ask ios it true that for males, if you are PES C public service will not want you ? Im taking about non uniform roles.

Unregistered 24-07-2016 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 88779)
Hi all, may i ask ios it true that for males, if you are PES C public service will not want you ? Im taking about non uniform roles.

true only for uniform schemes. For non-uniform roles, they will take you in if youre fitting regardless of your pes status.
source: im pes c in non-uniform role. i know 4 others like me.

Unregistered 24-07-2016 01:53 PM

Anyone knows what's the fresh engineering graduate pay & prospects in National Environment Agency (NEA)?

I'm currently studying environmental engineering in NUS, and am thinking of working there when I graduate..

Unregistered 27-07-2016 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 88747)
Hi, thanks for clarifying, i mean i'm under 1 year in my present job so i think i was specific enough.

Therefore i think i meant whether they would not call applicants up who are already in public org but < 1 year ? (Im well over 6 months already)

Not true. They hire based on merit. If you apply through the usual open channels like careers.gov and they want you, they will contact your current job's HR and ask for your employment records. If it is the same scheme, a transfer of service will be done. If they are different schemes, you will have to tender your resignation for your current job and go into the new job as a fresh hire. The hiring HR is only allowed to talk to your current HR if and only if they are 100% sure they want to hire you. Otherwise, they cannot just call up your current HR to check on you. If you are scared, just tell the hiring HR during your interview to let you know first before they contact your current HR. In this way, you can be prepared and tell your boss first, since by then, the job is already kinda in your pocket liao.

Unregistered 27-07-2016 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 88863)
Not true. They hire based on merit. If you apply through the usual open channels like careers.gov and they want you, they will contact your current job's HR and ask for your employment records. If it is the same scheme, a transfer of service will be done. If they are different schemes, you will have to tender your resignation for your current job and go into the new job as a fresh hire. The hiring HR is only allowed to talk to your current HR if and only if they are 100% sure they want to hire you. Otherwise, they cannot just call up your current HR to check on you. If you are scared, just tell the hiring HR during your interview to let you know first before they contact your current HR. In this way, you can be prepared and tell your boss first, since by then, the job is already kinda in your pocket liao.

Thank you so much !! God bless you kind soul

Unregistered 16-08-2016 12:58 AM

I am graduating soon. If I graduate with first class honours from SMU, will my CEP be higher than those who did not graduate with first class?

If yes, will my CEP still be lower than that of the local MAS scholars?

Also, does anyone know the salary progression in MAS? I heard that the starting salary is 3.8k but how does it progress from there?

Thanks in advance!

Unregistered 16-08-2016 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unregistered (Post 89514)
I am graduating soon. If I graduate with first class honours from SMU, will my CEP be higher than those who did not graduate with first class?

If yes, will my CEP still be lower than that of the local MAS scholars?

Also, does anyone know the salary progression in MAS? I heard that the starting salary is 3.8k but how does it progress from there?

Thanks in advance!

Your CEP will be lower than scholars, who want to promote you? They already pumped in a few hundred thousand into their scholars, they must be mad not to promote the scholars fast track.

Unregistered 16-08-2016 09:50 PM

im working in a ministry, if i leave the job after a year (nov 15 - nov 16), will i be given the end of year bonus? thanks.

Unregistered 17-08-2016 11:43 AM

No if u quit before 31 dec 2016 u will not get your year end bonus